Thread: Bladeforged

Community Member robinrochester's Avatar

Default Bladeforged

Thoughts? Impressions?

I am doing a 14 pally 6 fighter dual bastard sword wielder. He's... ok. I don't quite see the big deal. Starting at 15 means I have to go back for all the favor. Plus by the time I get to GH, Vale etc. I would normally be rocking max streak. Starting at 15 I don't have streak at all obviously. Sure it's life 1, but still... I am just waiting for something cool with him.
    Mabar:
    Vulcanis Drave Dwarven Paladin (14)
    Filus 96 Warforged Rogue (11)/Ranger (3)
    Miscarand Shadewhisper Drow Bard (9)/Fighter (2)
    Vexeren Twelve Toes Drow Sorceror (13)
    Serenin of THe Order of Boldrei Cleric (9)
    Monk Initiate of the Scorpion God Drow "Monk" 10

Argonessen:

Bylsma 96 Warforged Rogue 3
    Artificer of Cannith East Wizard 3
    Krakatoa the Mad Slasher Dwarf Fighter 6

Quote Originally Posted by robinrochester View Post
    Thoughts? Impressions?

I am doing a 14 pally 6 fighter dual bastard sword wielder. He's... ok. I don't quite see the big deal. Starting at 15 means I have to go back for all the favor. Plus by the time I get to GH, Vale etc. I would normally be rocking max streak. Starting at 15 I don't have streak at all obviously. Sure it's life 1, but still... I am just waiting for something cool with him.
    To me, you splashed too deep on fighter. I did a 2 fighter splash and plan for DOS III, GTHF with Cleave + Great Cleave. Out of the gate as a 13/2 I can cast repair serious which is huge. I think you'll missing that self healing piece.

I also think they would work amazing as a 2 pally splash Socr. I tried a TWF 12fighter/6pally/2rogue and it was meh. TWF hurts with the -2 dex penalty. S&B pure pally looks fun. But to me, they're ment to be THF hate tanks so that's how I roll. Beautiful thing is you can keep building and then send them back to the crusher to reroll.

I hear they make for amazing sorcerers. 18 sor/2 Pal is great because it combines nukage with great saves.
    Here's a riddle for you: What do you call people who play the game for only a day and apparently know everything?

Community Member robinrochester's Avatar

I redid with 15 pally 1 fighter now, with the intention of 16 Pally 4 fighter. I don't know. I am married ot the idea of dual B.S. but it's not ideal. The issue is I have so many other characters at all levels that this just doesn't pull me in. I actually saw a pretty good lvl 25 BF yesterday in an EH Tor run that was pally/fighter/rogue. There was also a 23 BF sorc. Honestly I will probably end up just forgetting this guy. I already have a 23 third life S&B Stalwart Defender. If I want to do that then he's my dwarf.
    Mabar:
    Vulcanis Drave Dwarven Paladin (14)
    Filus 96 Warforged Rogue (11)/Ranger (3)
    Miscarand Shadewhisper Drow Bard (9)/Fighter (2)
    Vexeren Twelve Toes Drow Sorceror (13)
    Serenin of THe Order of Boldrei Cleric (9)
    Monk Initiate of the Scorpion God Drow "Monk" 10

Argonessen:

Bylsma 96 Warforged Rogue 3
    Artificer of Cannith East Wizard 3
    Krakatoa the Mad Slasher Dwarf Fighter 6

Ok married to twf bswords... what about ranger/fighter/pally? you'd get GTWF without the dex requirement.

ranger12/fighter6/paly2

Quote Originally Posted by ThePrincipal View Post
    Ok married to twf bswords... what about ranger/fighter/pally? you'd get GTWF without the dex requirement.

ranger12/fighter6/paly2

I rolled up 3 of these bladeforged to try out different builds. The 13 paladin/2 fighter with THF is very nice. The pure 15 paladin is also nice, he even gets deathward which is sweet.

I also wanted to try a TWF version, and to get around the dex requirement and get a bunch of free feats I tried a 7 paladin/6 ranger/2 monk. His pally enhancements and feats are definately below par right now, but he has HOD 1 and Tempest 1. I am not a monk fan (really want to roll a pure one some day though) so he's not centered. He fights with a pair of Khopeshes, has manyshot and bow str, has evasion, a couple LOH and repair light hits for about 20-30.

In a way kinda meh over all but so far with evasion, LOH and the ability to stay topped off on health between fights pretty survivable. I am going to keep him and run giant hold to see what happens.

Oh and FYI on this build, I started his CON at 14 and took the 2 warforged CON enhancements, started his DEX at 13 and took 1 ranger DEX enhancement, started WIS at 11 and took 1 monk WIS enhancement, started CHA at 13 and took 1 Paladin CHA enhancement. Something like that anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrochester View Post
    Starting at 15 means I have to go back for all the favor. Plus by the time I get to GH, Vale etc. I would normally be rocking max streak. Starting at 15 I don't have streak at all obviously.

Yeah, this part is tough. Wish there was a way to start with at least the first level of favor on say Coin Lord, Free Agent, Silver Flame, and the Houses P, J, K, and D. Obviously without the TP points, but it'd at least be nice to have the extra backpack space and bank space, etc.

Community Member

A bladeforged built paladin, fighterx2, then the rest paladin seemed to work really well. I took the Chalice prestige line and mostly focused on smites and fighting with a greatsword (and occasionally with no extra feats for it, a maul). To get used to it i banked most my levels and did level 4-6 content at-level since I hadnt played a paladin in ages. In lower levels it was pretty amazing and a lot of fun. Of course it got tougher after I skipped ahead to 15. Ive had to revise enhancements a lot, but he makes a viable dps (unfortunately I dumped dex and he cant tank). Bladeforged seem meant to be tanks more than anything else, with high PRR and the aura bonus. I think I'll try the 2 wep build you guys mentioned though.

Almost forgot: The fact that they can repair themselves is a huge advantage over the normal wf pally. If you can get your hands on a good repair item like Gloves of Titan's Grip or the Ring of Master Artifice, you can heal yourself really well. Also when you go into bladesworn transformation you can heal youself, not just with LoH or pots, but with repair spells. Lay on Hands is a good quick save while in this if you have a good CHA but imagine how it will be in U19 when we can cast Reconstruct.
    Last edited by WarforgedBard; 06-20-2013 at 07:36 PM.