Thread: Female Armor

Default Female Armor

First off let me say that I am a guy.

Second let me clarify that with I am a heterosexual guy.

Now that we have that out of the way I have to ask why female toons have such bad armor / armor kit looks? Trying to find a look that isn't reminiscent of 80's shoulder pads or Princess Leia in Return of the Jedi is dang near impossible.

Can we get some actually decent / normal looking robes / armor / kits for female toons .. please?

It's almost as if the developers took this video as cannon on how to make armor.

Rule for females? The less armor on, the more armor on.

Malicia has one of the most AC in the game... lol.....

You just can't hit beauty.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconScout View Post
    First off let me say that I am a guy.

Second let me clarify that with I am a heterosexual guy.

Now that we have that out of the way I have to ask why female toons have such bad armor / armor kit looks? Trying to find a look that isn't reminiscent of 80's shoulder pads or Princess Leia in Return of the Jedi is dang near impossible.

Can we get some actually decent / normal looking robes / armor / kits for female toons .. please?

It's almost as if the developers took this video as cannon on how to make armor.
    I've not seen many scantily-clad female pc's in this game. From what I've seen, they can wear all the same armor that male pc's can. And while it does show some feminine curves, it's not like the female armor I've seen in other games.

That video is hilarious, btw.

alot of the female armor kits in this game look like something you'd find badly airbrushed on the side of a van.

Founder

I agree with the OP. Before adding this type of crud to loot gen armor, they should have introduced some way to try it on. I don't like choosing armor from a list or buying it from the AH/Broker that it turns out I WILL NOT WEAR because it makes my cleric look like she belongs in a Las Vegas show. Nice way to reduce my in-game rewards, thanks Turbine.

Community Member

I'm rather fond of some of the plains heavy armor sets. Specifically the tan one.

But yes, it would be nice to have non-skanky alternatives, especially for lighter armors. Or ones without skulls.
    Cannith, Slicing Blow. Vilenna (18/1/1 Clonkard), Marvala (20 monk), Phrenia (19/1 rogue/fighter), Malchara (12/6/2 AA), Denaria (18/2 ...wonk?)

Community Member

I haven't had issues with the "bikini mail" issue. Never had such issues with the in-game armors. Besides I never use armor appearance kits. What is a bit annoying is that it takes me quite a while to find some armor where I like the design. When you loot or buy armour you won't know how it looks. Either the shoulder pads are way too big or there are way too many spikes attached to it, etc. Since this is a very subjective topic at least some way would be welcome where a player can view in advance how armor is going to look.

Interesting.

Personally I've always been more fond of the Red Sonja/"bikini mail" look than the Joan of Ark motif. Unfortunately, because I wasn't willing to buy the armor kits that glued to a specific suit of armor, I've often found myself out of luck. With the new Glamered system I've found some hope, as the cosmetic applies to the character rather than the armor itself, though I can't say I've found "the right look" for any of my toons yet, male or female.

That said, I totally agree it would be great if we could somehow preview all armors before purchasing (from ah/ASAH).
    And the shoulders... yikes. Giant hovering pieces of metal need to go away, please!
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconScout View Post

Bring on the smexy.

Need to fund the next expansion?

BRING ON THE SMEXY.

Community Member

Just say "Nay" to political correctness in games. Just say "Yay" to Chain Mail Bikinis and Banana Hammocks.

Founder

To those who disagree with the OP: you do understand that we are talking about our own characters right? So those saying "No" would like to force our characters to wear skanky/otherwise unappealing armor and deny us the ability to choose what our characters look like? Because that's what you're saying...

You shouldn't get your non-bikini armor till male toons get their gimp suit armor back.

Community Member

Just sell two versions of the kits and glamered armor. One version gives bikinis to the female characters and actual armor to the male, and the other version actual armor to the female and bikinis to the male. Everyone wins! Or just switch the female and male versions back and forth every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Frotz View Post
    Just sell two versions of the kits and glamered armor. One version gives bikinis to the female characters and actual armor to the male, and the other version actual armor to the female and bikinis to the male. Everyone wins! Or just switch the female and male versions back and forth every day.
    Shiradi proc armor I like it.