Default Finally back on forums-Devs please take note

Devs,

I have been off the forums since the "upgrade" due to the Maint screen bug. I FINALLY found information tonight buried in your "help" screen in game that allowed me to fix my issue. This bug stopped me from being able to find out details on or order the expansion pack, as well as the other general issues that come along with not being able to access the forums. I still haven't ordered it as I haven't even had a chance to look at it til just now. (I think it is crappy that a VIP has to order an expansion for mid level content but that is another rant)

Maybe just maybe you might want to make this information a little more accessable? Maybe a direct link from the launcher? It seems to me that at least on our server (Thelanis) numbers are WAY down. I wonder if this has at least a little to do with it? I had given up even trying to do anything to fix it until a guildmate was telling me about something from the expansion. So I tried looking for a way to contact you and stumbled across the page that I couldn't find when I was looking for it.

When you know people are having an issue that hurts your sales, why in the world are you not making sure it is easily fixed?

By the way for anyone else with a friend having issues they have to change their hosts file and put # signs in front of the ddo lines.
    Dungeon Alert and difficulty scaling killing LFMs since 9-1-2009.

Thumbs up

I hope the dev's were excited as i was that you are back on the forums. The expansion info could have been found in other places. And yes it made its rounds on the launcher also

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    I hope the dev's were excited as i was that you are back on the forums. The expansion info could have been found in other places. And yes it made its rounds on the launcher also
    Thanks troll! Yes I could have found the info elsewhere, but couldn't purchase it as all Turbine sites were maint screens due to the bug. (Including links from the launcher)
    Dungeon Alert and difficulty scaling killing LFMs since 9-1-2009.

Default I can jump off the high dive yay!!!!!!

Roll for reading comprehension... Rolls a 1... FAIL!

OP said that the launcher wasn't working as he wasn't able to get anywhere in the new sites... you have to get to the (wait for it) NEW sites to be able to use the (wait for it) NEW billing system to buy the (you know what goes here) NEW content...

It's daylight on the east coast at least we know that we have about 12 hrs til this troll comes out again.

OP sucks for you, glad you are back.
    Darkrune TRx2 lvl 20 FvS, Darkdivinity lvl 20 cleric, Darkaxe lvl 20 fighter, Darktune TRx1 lvl 4bard, Darkbow lvl 20 AA Ranger, Darksoldier TRx1 lvl 20 Barb, Darkspells TRx2 lvl 20 Wizard, Darkbattle TRx1 lvl 20 artificer, Darktemper lvl 17 Ranger, Darkfists TRx1 lvl 20 Monk, Darkherald lvl 5 paladin Guild Leader of No Politics Thelanis Server

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default I did nothing to my hosts file

In the old days we had to put stuff like this in our hosts file to make stuff work, since then Turbine fixed their game. I edited my hosts file in June of 2012 and blocked those out, which was when I noticed I could not connect.

Sometimes it is hard for people to know you have edited your hosts file if you don't TELL anyone that you did that.

# 74.201.102.43 www.ddo.com
    # 74.201.102.42 forums.ddo.com
    # 74.201.102.11 patch.ddo.com
    # 74.201.102.13 gls.ddo.com
    # 74.201.102.13 gls-auth.ddo.com
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

I hope the dev's were excited as i was that you are back on the forums...
    I have to admit, when reading the thread title I thought "jeez, what an arrogant (type of sword)."
    Ofc, making such assumptions just leaves me looking like a dumb (type of sword).

In all seriousness OP, welcome back... And hey, at least you were able to play during your forum hiatus; probably time better spent
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...