Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 176
  1. #41
    Founder
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sebastianosmith View Post
    No.



    The psychologies at work would tend not to support a straw man supposition for this argument. People buy and display pets for many, varied reasons not a few of which include using them as badges of status in some form or another. Allowing individual users to turn off pet display would decrease their perceived usefulness in that regard even if the function was not active. The possibility of removing pets would produce the same effect. Whether or not you or I agree with the reasoning has little to do with it. Turbine will not give up a significant market segment in order to placate those who find pets annoying.
    In your opinion...

  2. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    In your opinion...
    And how, may I inquire, is your stand dissimilar?
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

  3. #43
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    Except that there are other reasons people don't want to see pets. Like because they aren't "heroic" or because they get in the way of combat, etc.
    Many of the names chosen by players are not "heroic" either. Are you suggesting we have to enforce a particular style of role play outside of dedicated RP groups?

    And they don't get in the way of combat in any way I can see.

  4. #44
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,330

    Default

    No.

  5. #45
    Community Member brian14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,896

    Default

    Yes
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

    "Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

  6. #46
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Yes. Please give us an option to disable them in our settings.

    I honestly can't understand why people would say 'no' here. (Unless they are just trolls) The petition isn't about getting rid of pets in game, it's about getting turbine to allow those of us who don't have powerhouse rigs turn them off and thus save some precious CPU cycles. Me turning off pets in the UI options would have 0 effect on anyone else.

  7. #47
    Community Member enochiancub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    1,116

    Default

    The stuff you guys find to argue and be petty about never ceases to amaze me.

    Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

  8. #48
    Community Member Derailment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    No, this is the kind of stuff turbine should be selling.
    Yes option to hide, actually the more I see cosmetics the less I willing to buy them, and no Turbine should sell adventure packs not cosmetics.

  9. #49
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derailment View Post
    Yes option to hide, actually the more I see cosmetics the less I willing to buy them, and no Turbine should sell adventure packs not cosmetics.
    They can only sell so many adventure packs.

    They also need to make money from SOMETHING else, and cosmetics is a near endless market to tap. Or maybe you'd prefer they start selling raid loot?

  10. #50
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarlanon View Post
    Yes. Please give us an option to disable them in our settings.

    I honestly can't understand why people would say 'no' here. (Unless they are just trolls) The petition isn't about getting rid of pets in game, it's about getting turbine to allow those of us who don't have powerhouse rigs turn them off and thus save some precious CPU cycles. Me turning off pets in the UI options would have 0 effect on anyone else.
    Because I have a **** computer and it has no effect on my lag or gameplay. Because I see it as what turbine should be selling the cash shop and if the disable option makes one less pet sold it means they're more likely to stick more p2w options in the store.

  11. #51
    Community Member BoBo2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Nope.

    ...

  12. #52
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarlanon View Post
    The petition isn't about getting rid of pets in game, it's about getting turbine to allow those of us who don't have powerhouse rigs turn them off and thus save some precious CPU cycles. Me turning off pets in the UI options would have 0 effect on anyone else.
    This is completely made up. If people want to turn off pets because they aren't good enough to play with them restricting their screen or they're just annoyed with them in general, fine, but this lag/stutter stuff just isn't true.

  13. #53
    RangerDangerGrrl Kawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    At you. Not 'with you'.
    Posts
    1,618

    Thumbs down

    /nope

    Pay-2-Win also means Pay-2-makeUusit&look@meCuteLilDragon!

    --and i paid baby.... ooooh did i pay! >:/
    TKSK - Thelanis ("Best Server" -NyTimes).

  14. #54
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    37

    Default

    No.

  15. #55
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In a box.
    Posts
    2,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Citzen_Gkar View Post
    And they don't get in the way of combat in any way I can see.
    I didn't have an issue until the pseudodragons showed up, and I happened to be running lots of things with bats. Bats are a PITA anyway, and now I've got to keep track of them among a bunch of things that look like bats but aren't.

    /yes

    Partly because I feel the same way about that scenario as I do multiple hezrou summons in tight-spaced quests. But mostly because I'm amused that people think anyone else cares about their fluff, or that anyone who'd use such an option would be somehow convinced by seeing all the shiny to buy something themselves.

  16. #56
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Yes please, get that clutter off my screen, it interferes with what I'm trying to focus on. The cosmetics crowd will still pay, they won't know if I can see them or not. Of course we know this will never happen, other people's pets are good advertising. That's how obnoxious monetization has gotten, people seem to have generally accepted that profit is worth a decline in quality of life.

  17. #57
    Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,031

    Default Yes

    Yes I want the ability to make it so I am not shown pets. You can view everyone's pets which is fine, I don't want to. You can spend all you want on them and look at them on your machine, as long as I can NOT view them on my machine.

    I have the ability to shut off certain chat channels.
    I have the ability to shut off text from NPCs.
    I have the ability to shut off names.
    I have the ability to have the network status shown or not shown.


    if I can't shut off their pets, at least give me the ability to shut up the barking dogs.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

    Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

  18. #58
    Founder
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Citzen_Gkar View Post
    Many of the names chosen by players are not "heroic" either. Are you suggesting we have to enforce a particular style of role play outside of dedicated RP groups?

    And they don't get in the way of combat in any way I can see.
    Guess what? You can turn off names...lol.

    And if you click on mobs to select them it is often difficult to see where you are clicking because of pets. As I have already stated, summoned monsters may also be in the way, but at least they are usually being useful even if only a distraction.

  19. #59
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    Guess what? You can turn off names...lol.

    And if you click on mobs to select them it is often difficult to see where you are clicking because of pets. As I have already stated, summoned monsters may also be in the way, but at least they are usually being useful even if only a distraction.

  20. #60
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    10,030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    ... give me the ability to shut up the barking dogs.
    this too. so annoying listening to all these different "squish, squish, squish" and "woof, woof" because somebody wants to entertain themselves in my group while waiting at the quest entrance for the rest of the party or someone went afk in a quest or trying to buff up at the shrine and pass them out to those that are asking for them.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload