Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    this too. so annoying listening to all these different "squish, squish, squish" and "woof, woof" because somebody wants to entertain themselves in my group while waiting at the quest entrance for the rest of the party or someone went afk in a quest or trying to buff up at the shrine and pass them out to those that are asking for them.
    Horror of horrors, someone was having fun while waiting? Round all those people up and beat them severely.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Horror of horrors, someone was having fun while waiting? Round all those people up and beat them severely.
    Or they could just give us the option of turning other people's cosmetic effects off. It's invasive advertising, akin to the way TV ads are formatted to come out much louder than programs. Life is frustrating enough without the experience being polluted with this kind of sh!t.

Quote Originally Posted by RightToRemainStupid View Post
    Or they could just give us the option of turning other people's cosmetic effects off. It's invasive advertising, akin to the way TV ads are formatted to come out much louder than programs. Life is frustrating enough without the experience being polluted with this kind of sh!t.

Seriously you guys remind me of an elderly neighbor I used to have that had nothing good to say about anything. You could tell him "Good morning, it's a nice sunny day." and he'd tell you "It's a horrible day, no rain, that means I'll have to water the grass and that will run up my water bill, and my arthritis hurts today."

Community Member

Seriously you guys remind me of an elderly neighbor I used to have that had nothing good to say about anything. You could tell him "Good morning, it's a nice sunny day." and he'd tell you "It's a horrible day, no rain, that means I'll have to water the grass and that will run up my water bill, and my arthritis hurts today."
    Ah the blissful ignorance of youth. You'll get it one day.

Only read the first post, so maybe someone said this already. I seem to remember ohh not so long ago, on of the reasonings behing adding "Dungeon Alert" was that too many AI scripting decisions were having to be made as mobs chase players around, and this was in turn taxing the servers and causing lag. So to encourage us to "kill" the mobs rather then ignore them, they gave us dungeon alert.

Fast forward to now... suddenly everyone in the game is being chased by a:
    Pet
    Follower
    Summon
    and possibly even if your a artificer your Artificer dog..
    or wait.. and the Xoriat trinket summons..

So there we have it... everyone being chased around by 5 creatures all the damn time that can't be killed... BRILLIANT!!!

So yeah, I think the little things chasing people around are getting a little out of hand at this point.

I love the idea of diasble pets!!!

A kobald with tourette's!!

A beholder with a seeing-eye dog!!

A rust monster in a wheelchair!!

...oh wait, you just want to turn them off, hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Citzen_Gkar View Post
    No

Tough, its meaningless without the "why".

While I don't tend to use cosmetic pets (even the free ones) and while I think they are silly and sometimes annoying from an sound standpoint, the number of pets on display seems to indicate that Turbine is selling a lot of them and I figure a lot less people will buy them, and their associated tricks/gear if they can't show them off to others. Cosmetics like this is exactly where I think Turbine should be making money in the store and so we shouldn't provide an option to remove them, they are good money makers that really don't harm you.
    This.
    And because of it - its a NO from me.

I just prefer Turbine makng money of these things, and armor kits than selling - OMG +4 power tome or sth like that. Because I hate power selling.
    And honestly... I bought like 5-6 kits and 2 pets from DDOStore myself... Theyre just so cute.

I would actually love :the summoner: class in ddo... Like u know - half party healer, great buffer and great summons healer - fighting with them, more than 1 at time allowed. Hoped druid would be it. But oh well... Seems not. And woul be very hard to introduce considering how hirelings are not cooperating and doing what they want... But still - thats a pretty dream.
    Last edited by Kayla93; 06-10-2013 at 08:24 AM.

2015 DDO Players Council Sebastrd's Avatar

No.

If pets are the most annoying thing you can find in this game, count yourself lucky.

Astreya the Unturning

It's always a shame when the hammer of poor design choices smashes the fun of player tactical adaptation.

Community Member

In some games I'd like the ability to just turn off visibility of all non-party member player characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastrd View Post
    If pets are the most annoying thing you can find in this game, count yourself lucky.
    And sometimes party members.

Yes

Give me the option to not have a large flying pet blocking my view constantly. I am sick of having my screen filled with useless junk because someone else likes them. We the players have the right to not have to see them just as much as you the person who likes them to see them.

Really it feels like turbine griefing the people who don't like them.

And the only people saying no are the ones who must have everyone see the new pet they wasted TP on to feel special.

Quote Originally Posted by RightToRemainStupid View Post
    Ah the blissful ignorance of youth. You'll get it one day.
    Doubtful, I'm already middle aged, physically disabled, in chronic pain, and I still remember how to smile at the little dumb things in life. Life's to short and fragile to get upset about such tiny insignificant things that you guys do. If your past time gets you this worked up about someone elses fun I'd really suggest single player games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xionanx View Post
    Only read the first post, so maybe someone said this already. I seem to remember ohh not so long ago, on of the reasonings behing adding "Dungeon Alert" was that too many AI scripting decisions were having to be made as mobs chase players around, and this was in turn taxing the servers and causing lag. So to encourage us to "kill" the mobs rather then ignore them, they gave us dungeon alert.

Fast forward to now... suddenly everyone in the game is being chased by a:
    Pet
    Follower
    Summon
    and possibly even if your a artificer your Artificer dog..
    or wait.. and the Xoriat trinket summons..

So there we have it... everyone being chased around by 5 creatures all the damn time that can't be killed... BRILLIANT!!!

So yeah, I think the little things chasing people around are getting a little out of hand at this point.
    Except pets don't use the ai the same way, they just stay a set distance from the character and don't require pathing, attack usage, aggro tables, buffs, ext. You can also at max only have a summon, druid/arti dog, and a hireling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bargol View Post
    Yes

Give me the option to not have a large flying pet blocking my view constantly. I am sick of having my screen filled with useless junk because someone else likes them. We the players have the right to not have to see them just as much as you the person who likes them to see them.

Really it feels like turbine griefing the people who don't like them.

And the only people saying no are the ones who must have everyone see the new pet they wasted TP on to feel special.
    No actually I don't have any pets that I've bought, I just see you guys as grumpy old men that hate everything in the world because that's not how it was years ago.

Community Member

Doubtful, I'm already middle aged, physically disabled, in chronic pain, and I still remember how to smile at the little dumb things in life. Life's to short and fragile to get upset about such tiny insignificant things that you guys do.

No actually I don't have any pets that I've bought, I just see you guys as grumpy old men that hate everything in the world because that's not how it was years ago.
    Ah, the good old complaint against complainers. A classic sign that someone knows they've lost an argument and is desperately searching for any way to save face (that's what it looks like to me at least, but I just jumped in here, so maybe I'm wrong). You complain about people who complain about "tiny insignificant things", but guess what you're doing right now?

In all honesty, I could care less about whether companions can be made "invisible". I just find it hilarious that there are people out there who actually want to force people to see their companions, even if they don't want to. Is it some sort of sadistic impulse to annoy these "grumpy old men", or some childish need to show off one's companions, like they make the owner special and the entire world needs to know. Or maybe there are just a bunch of trolls in this thread, who knows?

I mean, I guess you could argue that it's a waste of dev time (would that much work even be involved?), but I don't see anyone that's mentioned anything about this.

Community Member

Yes.

To be honest, I really don't understand why anyone would say no. How does my enjoying the game more without them effect anyone's ability to enjoy it more with them? Unless it's a feeling of power they get from forcing others to put up with them.

Quote Originally Posted by bazooka99 View Post
    Ah, the good old complaint against complainers. A classic sign that someone knows they've lost an argument and is desperately searching for any way to save face (that's what it looks like to me at least, but I just jumped in here, so maybe I'm wrong). You complain about people who complain about "tiny insignificant things", but guess what you're doing right now?

In all honesty, I could care less about whether companions can be made "invisible". I just find it hilarious that there are people out there who actually want to force people to see their companions, even if they don't want to. Is it some sort of sadistic impulse to annoy these "grumpy old men", or some childish need to show off one's companions, like they make the owner special and the entire world needs to know. Or maybe there are just a bunch of trolls in this thread, who knows?

I mean, I guess you could argue that it's a waste of dev time (would that much work even be involved?), but I don't see anyone that's mentioned anything about this.
    It would be a waste of dev time but that's secondary to the fact that if they sell one less pet, it means that they'll sell more p2w instead of cosmetics. Please sell more pets tricks ext less p2w shard exchange ideas.

At the very least, give us the ability to squelch the sounds of cosmetic pets... that squishing noise of the cube gets really annoying.

Community Member

It would be a waste of dev time but that's secondary to the fact that if they sell one less pet, it means that they'll sell more p2w instead of cosmetics. Please sell more pets tricks ext less p2w shard exchange ideas.
    Are you saying that pets would make Turbine less money with this "invisibility" change, so Turbine would have to make more P2W stuff? Not sure I agree. The player who will actually choose not to buy a pet because people can choose not to see it (if they don't want to) is about as common as the player who will actually leave the game because he's annoyed at seeing everyone else's companions. There's a good chance Turbine would actually make very, very slightly more money with this change by keeping a couple more players around who otherwise would have left in annoyance.

I think it all comes down to how much it will cost Turbine to implement this change, and whether those costs outweigh the benefits.

less complaints from us complainers if we could turn pet noises off and make other players pets invisible. we wouldn't be asking for Turbine to stop selling pets and tricks and whatnot. we would care less than since we cant hear them and see them. It seems you have taken our old man grumpiness to a level that most of us aren't at. at best for most of us, its an annoyance.

we already have the option to turn off certain things in game, how much dev time would it really take to do this? is there something wrong with making at least some players less annoyed with My Little Pony noises, tricks and pets? in turn, less griefing for the players who like to bring their tag a longs and asked to put them away while questing? im pretty sure that the majority of players would accept a compromise and enjoy their playing experience a little more by making pets invisible for those who wish not to see them and hear them. why force an annoyance on some of us?

Quote Originally Posted by bazooka99 View Post
    Are you saying that pets would make Turbine less money with this "invisibility" change, so Turbine would have to make more P2W stuff? Not sure I agree. The player who will actually choose not to buy a pet because people can choose not to see it (if they don't want to) is about as common as the player who will actually leave the game because he's annoyed at seeing everyone else's companions. There's a good chance Turbine would actually make very, very slightly more money with this change by keeping a couple more players around who otherwise would have left in annoyance.

I think it all comes down to how much it will cost Turbine to implement this change, and whether those costs outweigh the benefits.
    I'm saying if there is a possibility of it, it would be a bad change.

So, did anyone tally the informal poll results?
    "So maybe it's about time we all get a reality check and realize that if you raid, run epics, and have capped toons and worry about ED's TR's and all that jazz, you are a small part of the population of this game, a very small part in fact." -- Ungood

Community Member

Default Yes!

YES

i have premium account and i had to farm TPs a lot, so i didn,t have to pay much for points to get adventure packs and i never understood buying useless stuff like creature companions for TP. i wouldn't even pay plat for them. atm i have 4 companions - dog from PDK, bat from monster manual and 2 new ones from collector's edition of expansion, i don't see any reason to turn them on.

my PC is few years old and DDO is working worse on it with every update. when i started playing (i think it was 2009), i could play on max graph settings, now i had to set things to low-medium. all that flying/running useless sh*t, glowing transparent monsters (in CITW) and other similar things are lowering my FPS.

an option to turn off pet display would be nice, some options to turn off graphic visualisations of spell effects on other players' toons would be great too.

in shorter way: give us less shiny useless sh*t and more playable content

P.S. i'm not native english user, so forgive me my terrible english

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast