Default Spontaneously kicked from quest... has this happened to anyone else?

I was running Let Sleeping Dust Lie, clearing mobs right before dropping the barrier for the final fight, and I suddenly get a split-second loading screen and find myself floating in the water just outside the quest entrance. Clicked the quest entrance, and found that the instance had immediately reset itself too, so I couldn't even go back and finish with a reentry penalty.

Has this happened to anyone else? How about in the last 15 minutes or so?

And yes, I bug reported it.
    Furthermore, I believe that the bugs and lag must be fixed.

It sounds like you failed the required objective of not killing more than 5 spiders after the first book was read. About 30 seconds after failing a required quest objective, players are removed from the instance, without regaining hp/sp, and the instance resets itself.

Quote Originally Posted by apep1412 View Post
    It sounds like you failed the required objective of not killing more than 5 spiders after the first book was read. About 30 seconds after failing a required quest objective, players are removed from the instance, without regaining hp/sp, and the instance resets itself.
    I had killed one spider. Also, as mentioned before, I had not brought down the barrier in which the final boss and his spiders are. So, no. It wasn't that.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoonlitSilver View Post
    I had killed one spider. Also, as mentioned before, I had not brought down the barrier in which the final boss and his spiders are. So, no. It wasn't that.
    Maybe you did leave one ogre archer alive and after a while he finally killed Lycosa the spider queen. I have already failed Sleeping Dust this way, even if the protect objective is completed, she can still die and end the quest...

Were there any mobs left by the spider queen after you completed that objective? You still fail if she dies after it completes.

Hmm, that's a possibility. I'll be absolutely certain to clear everything out from the spider queen's room in the future.

I've had people "inadvertently" lead mobs back to the queen before they drop down to the end area and eventually the mobs can kill her = auto boot for failing an objective. I really wish that once you finish the red named in that fight she would become invulnerable.

It's already a pain to baby-sit an npc, though of them all this one seems the easiest, but to have to baby sit one and leave them someplace where they "could" get killed just adds another layer of annoyance. Since then I've killed absolutely everything and make sure I'm the last to jump down.
    -Die (teh_troll's unofficial legal counsel)
    Captain’s Crew of Ghalanda
    Characters: Diemmak – Dimack – Dianotherday – Dieinafire – Elieath – Inonelite – Nowyoudie - LivenletDie - DIhard

Quote Originally Posted by apep1412 View Post
    Sounds like that.

Btw better double check if some bug lurked into that quest to be sure.
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default Yes, happened to me and others before

I was doing Hiding in Plain Sight.

I was fighting the end boss and his two buddys, when all of a sudden kicked out.

I mentioned it in general and trade chat, and other people from other quest instances for HIPs had the exact same problem.

No idea what causes it. Just a quest reset for some reason. Maybe one person in the quest touched the magic something that tells the server to reset the quest for EVERYONE.

That has been the only time that has ever happened to me.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by MoonlitSilver View Post
    I was running Let Sleeping Dust Lie, clearing mobs right before dropping the barrier for the final fight, and I suddenly get a split-second loading screen and find myself floating in the water just outside the quest entrance. Clicked the quest entrance, and found that the instance had immediately reset itself too, so I couldn't even go back and finish with a reentry penalty.

Has this happened to anyone else? How about in the last 15 minutes or so?

And yes, I bug reported it.
    Since you didn't drop the barrier yet (and I am assuming that the entire party was down the hole) then what likely happened is that when someone was running back to drop down the hole they came out near the Spider Queen's little cubby kiting some mobs.

Basically she will spit at them, they will go for her and a beat down ensues. I have been the last man down and saved her in one run so I know for sure they can end up fighting her inadvertently.

My guess is that they mobs more or less beat her down just before you were getting ready to pull the lever. If she dies (even if it's got a check mark) the quest fails and you get tossed out with a reset instance.

**edit: looks like I should probably read the replies before firing off one myself. ... consider this a "^ this" to the posters above who basically said the same thing. It's a sure bet that the Queen died somehow.

Happened to a party member in epic devil's assault the day after u18. He was fighting devils like the rest of us, and all of the sudden, he alone was in the harbor. He did not have teleport loaded, and the quest did not fail (he just reentered and waited out the last 4 waves until completion and it all went fine from there). We still have no idea how it happened.