Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1. #1
    Community Member rest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burque
    Posts
    5,602

    Default Why did my docent sprout a backpack overnight?

    See title. Why did my black dragonscale docent suddenly sprout a backpack? Yesterday it looked like the image on the left. Today it looks like the image on the right. I have not changed anything from yesterday to today. How can I get rid of that ugly thing? It looks like a DT docent, and that's awful.



    Is this a ploy to get me to spend points to buy one of the new stupid armor kits from the store?

  2. #2
    The Hatchery Enoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,607

    Default

    Are you sure you are looking at the same character. I'm only asking because while most of the Hotbars are similar there are subtle differences.

    Next, I'm sure you have done this, but did you check the Armor Toggle on the body as it might be something askew with the old cosmetic system.

  3. #3
    Community Member rest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burque
    Posts
    5,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    Are you sure you are looking at the same character. I'm only asking because while most of the Hotbars are similar there are subtle differences.

    Next, I'm sure you have done this, but did you check the Armor Toggle on the body as it might be something askew with the old cosmetic system.
    I had something snarky here, but removed it.

    Yes, it is the same character. And I took the screenshots very close to each other (near the bank in evening star)
    I have never used cosmetic armor on this character, but I tried toggling the cosmetic thing on and off several times. No dice. I switched docents around and still this ugly backpack.

  4. #4
    Community Member PermaBanned's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,581

    Default

    Dude, you have bigger issues than just a new back pack. Your whole outfit is more light grey than black... There are several visual differences. These can't be the same docents.

    Has anybody else's Black Dragonscale Docents suddenly changed? Something's fishy here...
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

  5. #5
    Community Member rest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burque
    Posts
    5,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Dude, you have bigger issues than just a new back pack. Your whole outfit is more light grey than black... There are several visual differences. These can't be the same docents.

    Has anybody else's Black Dragonscale Docents suddenly changed? Something's fishy here...
    I absolutely swear they are the exact same toon with the exact same docent.

  6. #6
    Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Krelar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    See title. Why did my black dragonscale docent suddenly sprout a backpack? Yesterday it looked like the image on the left. Today it looks like the image on the right. I have not changed anything from yesterday to today. How can I get rid of that ugly thing? It looks like a DT docent, and that's awful.

    Is this a ploy to get me to spend points to buy one of the new stupid armor kits from the store?
    This picture on the right is how my black dragon scale docent has looked the entire time I've had it (a month or so at least). I wish mine had ever looked like the one on the left.
    I don't have a body feat, you said nothing changed but just to be sure did you do a feat swap?

  7. #7
    Community Member rest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burque
    Posts
    5,602

  8. #8
    Community Member rest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burque
    Posts
    5,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    This picture on the right is how my black dragon scale docent has looked the entire time I've had it (a month or so at least). I wish mine had ever looked like the one on the left.
    I don't have a body feat, you said nothing changed but just to be sure did you do a feat swap?

    Well maybe I've been bugged to my favor this whole time

    No body feat swap. I swapped body feats 5 weeks ago, and left side screenshot is from last week

  9. #9
    Community Member PermaBanned's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    I absolutely swear they are the exact same toon with the exact same docent.
    Did you change the body feat? I mean, one has boots, the other doesn't. The base body colors are different. In the left pic, your right hand braced has a protrusion, in the right pic it doesn't. In the left pic the whole docent is a deep, stark black. In the right pic it's light grey... Really the only thing these 2 pics have in common is the design of the shoulder & hip plating (sans the hip pouch).

    Assuming there's no shenanigans here, are you sure the active destiny and skills (the left pick has Exalted Angle & the open lock skill hot barred, the right one is Fate Singer & doesn't have open lock) was the only thing you changed? Honestly other than a body feat I have no idea what could cause this, and I've checked in guild and a couple channels - no one else (I've talked to) has had this issue.

    Edit: the post above confirming no body swap appeared after I started typing ^this^
    Last edited by PermaBanned; 06-05-2013 at 08:50 PM.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

  10. #10
    Founder adamkatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in the US 48
    Posts
    3,191

    Default

    thats the way it always looked on my wf sorc... the one with the backpack on the right.
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

  11. #11
    Community Member rest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burque
    Posts
    5,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Did you change the body feat? I mean, one has boots, the other doesn't. The base body colors are different. In the left pic, your right hand braced has a protrusion, in the right pic it doesn't. In the left pic the whole docent is a deep, stark black. In the right pic it's light grey... Really the only thing these 2 pics have in common is the design of the shoulder & hip plating (sans the hip pouch).

    Assuming there's no shenanigans here, are you sure the active destiny and skills (the left pick has Exalted Angle & the open lock skill hot barred, the right one is Fate Singer & doesn't have open lock) was the only thing you changed? Honestly other than a body feat I have no idea what could cause this, and I've checked in guild and a couple channels - no one else (I've talked to) has had this issue.

    Edit: the post above confirming no body swap appeared after I started typing ^this^

    I promise they are the same character, with the same docent. I don't even carry another docent on my Jugg.
    The hotbars are almost identical, except a few different consumables and some movement on my weapon bar. And a different destiny. I can't see how it's destiny related, as I looked like the left picture yesterday whilst in fatesinger.

    I honestly can't fathom why people don't believe this is the same character, like I would purposefully start a thread just to mess with people.

  12. #12
    Community Member PermaBanned's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    I honestly can't fathom why people don't believe this is the same character, like I would purposefully start a thread just to mess with people.
    Well, tbh you wouldn't be the 1st, or even the 500th, to do so.

    What I can't fathom is what would do this. My initial impression was the loss of adamantine body, but you said that's not it. There was another thread where a guy bought a Glamered kit that should've been the same as the armor kit he had previously but was slightly changed. However you said there's no appearance kit involved. The last Blackscale Docent I had predates Epic Gh, and was identical to your current look. Other posters in this thread say their Blackscale docents match your current look.

    Tried contacting turbine?
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

  13. #13
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    moo moo moo moo moo
    Posts
    1,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    See title. Why did my black dragonscale docent suddenly sprout a backpack? Yesterday it looked like the image on the left. Today it looks like the image on the right. I have not changed anything from yesterday to today. How can I get rid of that ugly thing? It looks like a DT docent, and that's awful.



    Is this a ploy to get me to spend points to buy one of the new stupid armor kits from the store?
    The difference between your pictures is the fully black one is with mithral body the other is without. Both a guildy and I have juggernaut's that wear black dragon scale docents, the difference being mine has mithral body, his doesn't. That to me looks exactly what he looks like without the mithral body feat for his "black"/ actually grey looking docent. Did you do a feat exchange before you logged off the previous night and just didn't notice it than? If not than this is a ploy set out by turbine to get you to buy an armor kit from the store.( I know you said you didn't change anything on your character but just incase you just forgot about it)

    If it isn't the above than its probably just a odd bug, I had a guildy have this problem with his green armor, I think he just bug reported it and they fixed it. I'll ask him next time he logs on though to double check.

    Last edited by moo_cow; 06-05-2013 at 10:35 PM.

  14. #14
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    No body feat swap. I swapped body feats 5 weeks ago, and left side screenshot is from last week
    well, eliminate the impossible....

    My most parsimonious scenario is that you swapped body feats 5 weeks ago, but havent changed your docent since then, since you said its the only docent your character uses. Maybe it never actually changed the appearance after the feat swap until the recent update, when they made the change to armor appearances, and that prompted the system to update your appearance to the correct model.

  15. #15
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    moo moo moo moo moo
    Posts
    1,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    well, eliminate the impossible....

    My most parsimonious scenario is that you swapped body feats 5 weeks ago, but havent changed your docent since then, since you said its the only docent your character uses. Maybe it never actually changed the appearance after the feat swap until the recent update, when they made the change to armor appearances, and that prompted the system to update your appearance to the correct model.
    Hmm didn't even see that post that he had not switched body feats in 5 weeks.

    But what droid said actually seems spot on, I remember when I first took the feat on my character to look cooler:P and didnt notice any change in looks until I took it off and put it back on.

  16. #16
    Community Member PermaBanned's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,581

    Default

    Half Orcs should not be allowed to ware Green Dragonscale robes.

    Just sayin'...
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

  17. #17
    Community Member rest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burque
    Posts
    5,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    well, eliminate the impossible....

    My most parsimonious scenario is that you swapped body feats 5 weeks ago, but havent changed your docent since then, since you said its the only docent your character uses. Maybe it never actually changed the appearance after the feat swap until the recent update, when they made the change to armor appearances, and that prompted the system to update your appearance to the correct model.
    That's likely the most plausible explanation: haven't removed the docent since i swapped body feats so it just stuck around. Still sucks though

    Thanks for thinking of it, that possibility had never even crossed my mind.

  18. #18
    Community Member LightBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,850

    Default

    On the possibility to tick you off without intending to do so:
    The new visual armor system could save you perhaps?

    One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.

  19. #19
    Community Member taurean430's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    See title. Why did my black dragonscale docent suddenly sprout a backpack? Yesterday it looked like the image on the left. Today it looks like the image on the right. I have not changed anything from yesterday to today. How can I get rid of that ugly thing? It looks like a DT docent, and that's awful.



    Is this a ploy to get me to spend points to buy one of the new stupid armor kits from the store?
    I can't reach any other conclusion in my case. I am running a centered jug that has the exact same problem.
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

  20. #20
    2015 DDO Players Council Sebastrd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,151

    Default

    I have the same problem with my Quorforged Docent of Battle, and I suspect it's a problem with the Mithral Body feat.

    Astreya the Unturning

    It's always a shame when the hammer of poor design choices smashes the fun of player tactical adaptation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload