Community Member

Default Help with dodge bonus please!

Can anyone tell me whether mobility stacks with armor mastery for purposes of max dex bonus on armor.

ie: mobility adds +2 max dex bonus and armour mastery on an item (eg Daggertooths belt) can add up to another +4 (for the ML25 version)

So does this mean that with mobility feat/on an item + Daggertooths belt I will get +6 max dex bonus on my armour?

I am thinking of this in the context of dodge, so if my armour starts with max dex bonus of 12, with the above +6 I could actually have dodge upto 18 without being limited by the armour.

Also, does the Eldritch Armour Ritual from the stone of change add +1% to dodge or only +1 to AC? I suspect it is the latter...
    Member of Storm Lords on Thelanis.
    In game: Unshriven, Unbidden, Unsated, and Unfazed.

Quote Originally Posted by Devachan View Post
    Can anyone tell me whether mobility stacks with armor mastery for purposes of max dex bonus on armor.

ie: mobility adds +2 max dex bonus and armour mastery on an item (eg Daggertooths belt) can add up to another +4 (for the ML25 version)

So does this mean that with mobility feat/on an item + Daggertooths belt I will get +6 max dex bonus on my armour?

I am thinking of this in the context of dodge, so if my armour starts with max dex bonus of 12, with the above +6 I could actually have dodge upto 18 without being limited by the armour.

Also, does the Eldritch Armour Ritual from the stone of change add +1% to dodge or only +1 to AC? I suspect it is the latter...
    Mobility and armor mastery should stack with each other and give you an increase to your available dodge (up to 25 max).

Items and feats and enhancements normally stack, but if the item is granting you the feat itself, do not expect it to stack with the feat you selected while you leveled. i.e. nimbleness should stack with armor mastery (these do the same thing but are named differently and that is a decent indicator that they usually stack), but the feat: armor mastery on an item most likely will not stack with the feat mobility that you selected (because they are both the same feat and most of those don't stack with themselves).

I stack multiple sources of increased MDB (max dex bonus) on my armor frequently. Hope this helps.
    /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by redoubt View Post
    ...the feat: armor mastery on an item most likely will not stack with the feat mobility that you selected (because they are both the same feat and most of those don't stack with themselves).
    Actually, they aren't the same. Mobility is it's own feat, separate from Armor Mastery. If he selects the mobility feat, it shouldn't stack with an item that grants the feat Mobility.

Mobility and Armor Mastery should stack, but I don't have the gear to test it out.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow - btw, do you have change for 10 million population?

Community Member

Default Thanks...

Thanks guys, much appreciated. I guess it may be worth trying to pull that Daggertooth's Belt out of Crucible then.

One more question in relation to the Blue Augment which increases Max Dex Bonus (+2 at lvl 20). If I put this on a shield, will the Augment work to increase the max dex bonus of my armor? Or do I need to slot it on the armor itself?
    Member of Storm Lords on Thelanis.
    In game: Unshriven, Unbidden, Unsated, and Unfazed.