Default Don't drink the water EH

Are there green scales?

Specifically talking about hard difficulty, for don't drink the water. I've seen them drop on normal and elite, they're rare yes, but about 15 hard runs and never saw any drop for anyone in the party, and I have 4 other people I talked to who also have never seen a drop on EH.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeebaNeighba View Post
    Are there green scales?

Specifically talking about hard difficulty, for don't drink the water. I've seen them drop on normal and elite, they're rare yes, but about 15 hard runs and never saw any drop for anyone in the party, and I have 4 other people I talked to who also have never seen a drop on EH.
    I got one about two months ago, so it could've bugged with u18 or u18.1, but I doubt it.

Just really low drop rates - I went 30-someodd runs without one dropping for me, and >50% of the time there were 0 in the chest.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

I usually solo that quest with my ranger on EH, so far I got 3-4 scales after 12 runs.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeebaNeighba View Post
    Are there green scales?

I've stopped believing they exist!

I've run Don't drink the water about 40 times on a mixture of normal and hard difficulty, never seen one.

I can understand items being super rare drops (the ring of spell storing comes to mind out in the desert), but when you need 20 scales to make a single item ... well I think it would be nice if the drops weren't quite so rare.

I farmed most of my 20 scales on EH.

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

I've never seen a single scale drop on anything other than EE.
    I've seen 1 scale drop in my initial 40 runs of EE Don't Drink The Water.
    I gave up after my 40th run, and sold my 1FGDS for a ridiculous sum of money on the AH.

The drop rates really need to be adjusted for this item, when there are better, and much easier to acquire armors out there.
    Especially when given 2 weeks time of minimal farming I could have all the scales/comms needed to have a fully upgraded Flawless Black, Flawless White, Flawless Blue, and my pick of the Flawless Reds... Not to mention in that time I could also farm the augments to fill these armors, as well as the stuff to throw my Alchemical saves ritual on them..

So yeah, if I trusted Tubrine to not mess anything up while doing it, I would ask for the drop rates to increase.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life10/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin, 2xMonk
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Community Member

I have never run it on any difficulty other than epic hard. I have picked up around 8 or 9 scales over 100 runs or so. I got one quite recently between updates 18 and 18.1. I know it was after 18 because the dragon takes much longer to kill with the spell crit nerf.