Community Member

Default Free2Play Question?

Hello all
    i have 1 question i last time played DDO on 12 Update

sience 12U they made any changes for F2P? like more free quests or something? or all ups are only for buy2play?

Quote Originally Posted by Magar90 View Post
    Hello all
    i have 1 question i last time played DDO on 12 Update

sience 12U they made any changes for F2P? like more free quests or something? or all ups are only for buy2play?
    They do some free to play updates as well. U13 released 3 level 16 quests (they also have an epic setting) as free to play. U18 released 2 free to play quests at level 15 (as well as 1 buy to play quest). As a very rough estimate, they seem to release a free to play update perhaps once per year.

they have added some F2P quest...some in Evening Star are F2P i know of off the top of my head.
    Mangas Geronimo (Paladin) Grocery Baggs (Ranger) Naiche Geronimo (Cleric)

Guild - Orien's Rejects

Community Member

No idea if you are the kind that likes to read... but if it is so there you go :

http://ddowiki.com/page/Update_13_named_items

Every updates are listed there with the content they brought.
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

...And then there was silence

Community Member

thanks guys a lot i start downloading this game i realy enjoy real dnd game not like neverwiner online...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdinus7 View Post
    They do some free to play updates as well. U13 released 3 level 16 quests (they also have an epic setting) as free to play. U18 released 2 free to play quests at level 15 (as well as 1 buy to play quest). As a very rough estimate, they seem to release a free to play update perhaps once per year.
    Also, Beyond the Rift is Free to play - and that is kinda important, because it unlocks the way to Eveningstar and thus to the latest two new free to play quests.

Also, from all those listed above, Rift is propably the most entertaining one.

Which makes 6 new F2P quests since Lordmarch Plaza chain.

On the other hand, it makes 4 new Epic F2P quests.

One the third hand, one of them is currently broken. Hopefully, it will be fixed soon.

IMPORTANT!!!

While Cannith challenges are Pay to play, you can get 1 - 3 challene tokens for free every day (for different challenge every day) and you can use one token to enter said challenge. thats like 16 challenges or so? Most of them with epic counterpart

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magar90 View Post
    i realy enjoy real dnd game not like neverwiner online...
    Well, I dunno if you'll consider DDO a "real" dnd game. It has a much more flexible character system than Cryptic's NW; in fact I recommend you do a little research before starting your first character (unless you like learning by trial-n-error & lots of do-overs). And I like the emphasis on instanced quests, rather than the typical "kill 10 whatsits and bring me 5 thingies!" B.S. of most MMOs. OTOH, it's not like this is a plot- or roleplay-centric game; it's still all about killing monsters and stealing their stuff.

Nevertheless, welcome to DDO.