Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Question What works with undead form?

Hey all,

playing for some time now, on my road to completionist.

I wanna TR to wizzy, was a longtime plan, but due to the circumstances - botched spellpower, insane DC needed for EEs and such, I decided to go with deep splash of 12 wizzy and 6/2 something/something (prolly monk/ranger)

My questions are:

1. I assume vampirism "heals" me in undead form? Like shroud of the vampire or wraith?

2. out of curiosity and for the heck of it - is it possible to be in undead form AND wolf/bear druidic form? Cause those undead wolfs... ya dont wanna mess with them. :-)

3. For general purpouses - which are the best wraps for epic levels? I have Antipode/graves/Ivys, are some of them much better then others? (yeah, I can fully upgrade Antipode if needed).

5. Does vampirism from Vampire form and from items stack? Or will I get only one "heal"?

4. Is there any way to keep myself guarded from stat damaging effects and restoring said damage? I do have Circle of hatred if that helps.

6. Offtopic: For meele helf, paladin dilettante is prolly the best, right? (Have +4 tome, will equip +6 item, prolly run in Vampire - another +2 and with shippies another +2 to charisma should equal +6 to all saves).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by viktorserak View Post
    Hey all,

playing for some time now, on my road to completionist.

I wanna TR to wizzy, was a longtime plan, but due to the circumstances - botched spellpower, insane DC needed for EEs and such, I decided to go with deep splash of 12 wizzy and 6/2 something/something (prolly monk/ranger)

My questions are:

1. I assume vampirism "heals" me in undead form? Like shroud of the vampire or wraith?

2. out of curiosity and for the heck of it - is it possible to be in undead form AND wolf/bear druidic form? Cause those undead wolfs... ya dont wanna mess with them. :-)

3. For general purpouses - which are the best wraps for epic levels? I have Antipode/graves/Ivys, are some of them much better then others? (yeah, I can fully upgrade Antipode if needed).

5. Does vampirism from Vampire form and from items stack? Or will I get only one "heal"?

4. Is there any way to keep myself guarded from stat damaging effects and restoring said damage? I do have Circle of hatred if that helps.

6. Offtopic: For meele helf, paladin dilettante is prolly the best, right? (Have +4 tome, will equip +6 item, prolly run in Vampire - another +2 and with shippies another +2 to charisma should equal +6 to all saves).
    1. Death Aura + Undead form = Heal (There are also bursts)

2. No idea, sorry. Doubtful since both are a "form" or a stance.

3. Those you named are good choices.

4. Undead are immune to stat damage if I remember well. (Back from a break so not 100% sure anymore...)

5. Not sure that I get it. Vampirism items = light healing damage so I doubt that would work as an undead. But i've never tried... could be funny if it would hurt you.

6. Depends what you are aiming for I would say. As a PM with Monk splash your survivability is already pretty good. If you aren't aiming for EE and just TRing, I don't see it as neccessary.
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

...And then there was silence

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Azarddoze View Post
    1. Death Aura + Undead form = Heal (There are also bursts)

2. No idea, sorry. Doubtful since both are a "form" or a stance.

3. Those you named are good choices.

4. Undead are immune to stat damage if I remember well. (Back from a break so not 100% sure anymore...)

5. Not sure that I get it. Vampirism items = light healing damage so I doubt that would work as an undead. But i've never tried... could be funny if it would hurt you.

6. Depends what you are aiming for I would say. As a PM with Monk splash your survivability is already pretty good. If you aren't aiming for EE and just TRing, I don't see it as neccessary.
    First, thx for responding!

1. I meant Vampiric weapon enchantement - like from Nightmare, the fallen moon sword.

2. Well, I know that Defender of Syberis and Wraith form can be both used at the same time. So I wonder if I can make undead puppy :-)

3. Thank you!

4. Not sure anymore.... "shivers".

5. Vampire form (shroud of the vampire, lvl 12 prestige from pale master) gives me vamipirsm in meele combat - thus healing me. I am curious if this innate vampirism ability stacks with vampirism proprety from weapon, or if it exclusive.

6. True, thx.

Thnks for reply, sending rep your way!

Community Member

Actually when I said stat damage, I meant level drain. Pretty sure their stats can be damaged. (Heal equivalent could cure this I'd say... "Harm" or something like that)

You'll really have to try for vampirism, seems like the same name twice but coming from 2 different sources. Could work I guess we never know.

I might not be the best to answer the more specific questions. Pleasure to help.

Edit: Cleric dilettante for scrolls could be a good choice if you've got nothing to replace the Paladin's one.
    Last edited by Azarddoze; 06-05-2013 at 01:21 PM.

Community Member

Actually when I said stat damage, I meant level drain. Pretty sure their stats can be damaged. (Heal equivalent could cure this I'd say... "Harm" or something like that)

You'll really have to try for vampirism, seems like the same name twice but coming from 2 different sources. Could work I guess we never know.

I might not be the best to answer the more specific questions. Pleasure to help.

Edit: Cleric dilettante for scrolls could be a good choice if you've got nothing to replace the Paladin's one.
    Äye, I have Circle of Hatred, I believe that is currently the only item that gives ability to cast rechargable Harm.

oh, one more question - I never cared so far - are there many mobs that are using light damage? As far as I remember, only archons in RWTD and drow priestesses, right?

Community Member

Äye, I have Circle of Hatred, I believe that is currently the only item that gives ability to cast rechargable Harm.

oh, one more question - I never cared so far - are there many mobs that are using light damage? As far as I remember, only archons in RWTD and drow priestesses, right?
    Couple undead Ghouls / Casters (clerics) as well. Pretty much anything that is a Priest does.

Community Member

2. Well, I know that Defender of Syberis and Wraith form can be both used at the same time. So I wonder if I can make undead puppy :-)
    The former is a stance, the latter is a form. I'm not sure but I very much doubt you can use two forms simultaneously, though you can use a form and a stance no problem, and many stances are compatible with each other as well.

Other types of casters - Kobolds, especially, is what comes to mind - have Sunburst in their spellbook, which does some nasty light damage. Dunno if its insta-kill effect works against PMs in Vampire form, but 4x(20d3+60) damage, you better hope you make your Reflex save and Evade it

[...]- are there many mobs that are using light damage? As far as I remember, only archons in RWTD and drow priestesses, right?
    Not only drow priestesses. Actually any high level priest/shaman/priestess.

I think Epic Mirror Cloak and upgraded Shroud of the Abbot are also good against light resistance 30.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post
    Not only drow priestesses. Actually any high level priest/shaman/priestess.

I think Epic Mirror Cloak and upgraded Shroud of the Abbot are also good against light resistance 30.
    Have both, Will prolly stop using Shroud of the Abbot on higer lvls (after all, spiderspun caparison looks as a great choice with the rest of the villager gear) but Mirror cloak will take from there on, thanks.

K, looks like this will be fun :-)

Keep in mind that Paladin dilettante feat requires 13 CHA and you will be able to add up to 5 points of your charisma modifier to your saves, ie the bonus provided caps at 20 CHA.
    Last edited by Rusty_Can; 06-05-2013 at 02:22 PM.
    On Thelanis: Hallelujah (Spellsinger) - Jerryrigged Juggernaut (caster FvS) - Sepulchral (Druid) - Chopchopchop (Warlock) - Alleyshadow (retired gimped monkcher). Formerly on Keeper : Misericordia (Thug) - Mumbo Jumbo (Battle Caster) - Infernal Can (WF Kinda Cleric) - Halleluyah (Melee Spellsinger).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty_Can View Post
    Keep in mind that Paladin dilettante feat requires 13 CHA and you will be able to add up to 5 points of your charisma modifier to your saves, ie its bonus caps at 20 CHA.

-.-

Thx

This doesn't work, but the devs are on record as saying "it would be pretty cool if it did." I can't find it now, but somewhere, somewhen, a dev said the phrase "Zombie bear". Don't expect anytime soon or even Soon(tm).

Community Member

By the way, I don't know if you are set in stone as for when it comes to deep splashing but whatever everyone says about Spellpower being broken (true with crits though), a well placed maximized + empowered fireball (or other aoe) and FW (or ice storm) + Acid Rain still is a viable way to faceroll content.

I'd say much easier than splashing. All you need to do is to keep up with your boost to Spellpower from level 11-12+ and maybe use a pot per 10 quests for when you went a bit crazy hehe. Then comes instant kill...

Edit: Granted you're going for completionist and TRing soon after 20 and not EEs.
    Last edited by Azarddoze; 06-05-2013 at 02:49 PM.

Community Member

By the way, I don't know if you are set in stone as for when it comes to deep splashing but whatever everyone says about Spellpower being broken (true with crits though), a well placed maximized + empowered fireball (or other aoe) and FW (or ice storm) + Acid Rain still is a viable way to faceroll content.

I'd say much easier than splashing. All you need to do is to keep up with your boost to Spellpower from level 11-12+ and maybe use a pot per 10 quests for when you went a bit crazy hehe. Then comes instant kill...

Edit: Granted you're going for completionist and TRing soon after 20 and not EEs.
    Aye, spend 5 lives in raiding and epic content running (generally TRed after I hit 20 *** all raids I wanted and got all epic items I wanted at the time), but since yet another lvl cap raise is coming (and I dont see it as terrible news, since I never EVER had problem with attaining epic exp OR getting my EDs maxed.... and I had only two full raiding stays on epic levels - EDs maxed except for one) I decided to fast run some TR lives - most of unique gear I have and most of "not so unique" gear will be prolly obsolete soon. I eventually want to be caster completionist and thus I will want multiple wizzard past lives. So, a deep splash sounds as something fun and I will eventually get to the real caster stuff with past life bonus :-)

With the spellpower, well, I am not sure what is wrong, but my current life is Artie - I used to selfreconstruct for 300 - 400 and now I am hitting 150 - 200. Seriously, I am using Cocoon as my main heal now and that is just..... sad.

Don't know, but I doubt it does anything special that what it's listed ability says.

I'm gonna say no on this one. If that were the case, you'd probably see Umbral Wolf builds all over the forums...

Gonna say no on this one too. I was wielding Death's Touch not too long ago. I didn't notice any "extra" healing while in form.

You can take CON, STR, and CHR damage while in form. The only way to fix it is to flip out of form, and try one of the restoration methods.

Honestly, don't run in Vampire form. Most people who do these types of builds go Wraith form mainly for the displacement, and the fortification. Plus vampire form takes heavy, heavy damage from light spells, which are bad enough when in form as is.

Plus ypu have loads of healing with death auras and NEB when needed. So vampirism isn't really a big selling point for anything melee in form.
    Last edited by bsquishwizzy; 06-05-2013 at 03:29 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    Don't know, but I doubt it does anything special that what it's listed ability says.

I'm gonna say no on this one. If that were the case, you'd probably see Umbral Wolf builds all over the forums...

Gonna say no on this one too. I was wielding Death's Touch not too long ago. I didn't notice any "extra" healing while in form.

You can take CON, STR, and CHR damage while in form. The only way to fix it is to flip out of form, and try one of the restoration methods.

Honestly, don't run in Vampire form. Most people who do these types of builds go Wraith form mainly for the displacement, and the fortification. Plus vampire form takes heavy, heavy damage from light spells, which are bad enough when in form as is.

Plus ypu have loads of healing with death auras and NEB when needed. So vampirism isn't really a big selling point for anything melee in form.

1. My question was if the Vampirism ability on weapon isnt healing with positive energy - in which case, it would hot work on undead form character.

2. Umbral worgs... yeah, point taken, no undead puppies around. Would be cool thou. Bearlich FTW!

3. Oh well. Too bad.

4. So, Harm is not restoring stat dmg for undeads the same way Heal does for living beings? Damn.

5. Will have dark monk shadow fade or how is it called for that. In Vampire, I see many nice abilities. I see how dreadful the quadruple dmg will be with Greater light resistance.

Also, I would love to know from someone who knows this better then I do (did my monk life back in 2010 or 2011) what wraps are generally the best to use for what - Thaarak/Antipode/Ivy/Grave. have all of em.

And again- thx for your time and your replies, sending rep your way

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    I have twin Bodyfeeder Scimitars of Lesser Vampirisim on my Tempest Ranger. TWF, so there's a pretty fast hitrate - and he gets +15 temp HP on 30% of those attacks - but even then, even just against L8-9 Elite content, its not enough to offset a significant proportion of incoming damage.

Not sure if it would change to Negative Energy while in Undead form, but it does change to Repair when you're WF, so its not entirely inconceivable.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    I have twin Bodyfeeder Scimitars of Lesser Vampirisim on my Tempest Ranger. TWF, so there's a pretty fast hitrate - and he gets +15 temp HP on 30% of those attacks - but even then, even just against L8-9 Elite content, its not enough to offset a significant proportion of incoming damage.

Not sure if it would change to Negative Energy while in Undead form, but it does change to Repair when you're WF, so its not entirely inconceivable.
    On the plus size of the equation, NEB and Death Aura also cause damage to whomever you're fithing (with the exception of undead, I believe).

I'd tend to agree with you, I don't think vampirism will do much to offset damage while im melee.

1. My question was if the Vampirism ability on weapon isnt healing with positive energy - in which case, it would hot work on undead form character.
    I think it’ll still heal you in undead form. I know for a fact that having a regeneration item will NOT heal you while in form.

4. So, Harm is not restoring stat dmg for undeads the same way Heal does for living beings? Damn.
    Yeah, I believe there is a recent thread about this on the forum somewhere. You might want to do a search or two to see if you can confirm this.

5. Will have dark monk shadow fade or how is it called for that. In Vampire, I see many nice abilities. I see how dreadful the quadruple dmg will be with Greater light resistance.
    Greater Light Resistance takes off 30 pts of damage. In upper levels, on elite they tend to hit with 100+ hp of light damage before multiplication (someone confirm this for me, plz). That 30 pts resistance either before or after damage multipliers really isn’t going to mean squat. Double damage is bad. Quadruple damage is going to be mind-numbing.

If you’re doing melee, the Wraith form make you incorporeal, which is a 25% chance to avoid taking damage.

The benefits of Vampire may work well with a pally splash, because of the +2 CHR bonus (not sure on that one), and its real east to see where the bonus is with _2 to STR. The bonus to enchantment spells will gain you nothing as you won’t have the DCs or spell pen to pull them off. light spells are not uncommon past lvl 12 content, and with the 4x damage modifier, you risk being a crispy critter, unarmed damage benefits or not.

Honestly, given the downsides of Vampire form and the fact that you’re going to be taking damage in melee AND opening yourself up to light damage as well, I think the disadvantages outweigh the advantages.

I remember a thread a while back where someone was complaining that vampirism on weapons does not heal you when in undead form. It's typed as positive energy healing.

I'm pretty sure harm does heal stat damage on a pale master. Like heal, you see the plus strength pop up under the healing number when it's cast on you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast