Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VIP vs F2P

The only problem with that is there are no more udates with good content so therefor forced to pay more money cause they label the new content expansion pack. If you think about it, anything they add expands the game. I'm going free to play cuz everything you get as vip u can buy on the ddo store. Which can be afforded if you don't pay every month. Just a thought of common sence, After they hired the last bunch of new devs it became more Expansive to play. Get it expensive lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    It is the definition between what is considered an Update vs what is considered an Expansion that can cause the misunderstanding.

MOTU, Epic Destinies, and Shadowfell fall in what Turbine is defining as an Expansion

While the Enhancement Pass, bug fixes etc. appear to be considered Updates. VIP still has some Classes that need Favor unlock or can be Store Purchased if so desired. IE Favored Soul, Artificer and Druid.

Community Member

Expansions SHOULD have much more content than an update.
    MOTU seems to fulffill this, but I don't feel like Shadowfell Conspiracy lives up to the scope of MOTU.
    Nevertheless, I love the game and happily pay for a year at a time to get the cheapest monthly equivalent cost.
    $99 for a year is a pretty damn good deal, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by bollwerk View Post
    Expansions SHOULD have much more content than an update.
    MOTU seems to fulffill this, but I don't feel like Shadowfell Conspiracy lives up to the scope of MOTU.
    Nevertheless, I love the game and happily pay for a year at a time to get the cheapest monthly equivalent cost.
    $99 for a year is a pretty damn good deal, IMHO.
    until u calculate $ spent and compare it with other purchases

i bought motu + TP with triple bonus (when prepurchasing) that was 100$ too, after 1 year have everything (and had TP to spare to buy otto an some silly stuff lol)

VIP isn't well designed, they shouldn't pay expansions, they pay enough monthly, in fact the should get the collector edition ALWAYS, because they have been paying before the expansion and will keep paying after the expansion, so make em purchasin it is just a bad business plan, a really bad one

if u're gonna get your customer's money, at least be sure that he's happy doing so, and ppl i know that has the vip sub, does only for the 10% bonus, which is sad, they get access to expansions a lot of time after the release because they aren't gonna spend $ when they are supporting the game all the year
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    it depends sometimes you can buy them as a bundle

for example - you can buy the necro series as a bundle

for necro 1 2 3 4

or buy them seperatly

however, that being said, you generally dont buy just one quest.

for example:

vale of twilight:
    gives you five quests and 1? raid ( cant remember if vod and hound are in that pack or seperate)

while druids deep gives you 3 quests.

and some like the lords of dust chain are free.

hope that helps!

hob
    vale of twilight pack includes hound of Xoriat and Vision of destruction too (both raids)
    Druids deep includes 4 quests
    Source: ddo wiki

to the op:

If you plan to go p2p, consider buying point bundle's, use those to buy packs on sales
    We can help you filter out the realy seedy ones, where turbine nerfed the gear, nerfed the exp, broken the quests etc.

Saves you a lot of money and agrevation in the long run

Community Member Korban_Leafbearer's Avatar

Question level requirements for Motu

Is it worth buying Motu (or other expansions) if you are a low level character? I have heard that there is nothing for low or even mid level characters to do. are there low level adventures? if not are there plans to add some. i would really love to get some Forgotten Realms play time but my highest character is still only lv 11. my others range from 5 to 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Korban_Leafbearer View Post
    Is it worth buying Motu (or other expansions) if you are a low level character? I have heard that there is nothing for low or even mid level characters to do. are there low level adventures? if not are there plans to add some. i would really love to get some Forgotten Realms play time but my highest character is still only lv 11. my others range from 5 to 8.
    The Shadowfell Conspiracy complete pack comes with Iconic characters which start at level 15. So if you made a new Iconic character you could jump right into the Shadowfell quests. (The ones in Wheloon anyway, the Stormhorns quests are a bit higher level)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12