Community Member

Default Suggestions for a TR caster-based Arty build?

I'll be TRing to artificer as soon as I get bored of epic stuff, maybe next week. It's a complex and versatile class, and I'm not sure how to go about making a build. I'd like to lean towards casting, because I like spells, and I want to make my dog powerful to run interference and also just because I want to see what it can do.

I will TR again to something else, so I don't care about endgame, I just want something that will be fun along the way. Thanks!

Community Member

If you're aiming at casting based DPS, make sure that you have as much gear to provide you SP as possible. Other than that, treat it basically the same as a wizard for feats. I would still highly suggest pumping feats into your ranged attacks as well so that you have that for a back-up for DPS.

Community Member

Artis aren't feat starved, you should be able to get in Maxi/Emp and still get enough feats for your repeater to do decent damage. Like he said, SP is your biggest shortcoming as a caster Arti...unless you have a Torc, or don't mind chugging pots, you'll run out of SP pretty quick if spells are your main DPS.

You'll also want to have plenty of good runearm options, since they're essentially free SLAs and benefit from spellpower (though not metas).

Since INT is your damage stat as well as your casting stat, you don't really have to choose between casting and ranged damage. The only difference is you might not invest quite as much into DEX, meaning no IPS and slightly less to-hit.