Angry When will the spell critical bug be fixed?

Now the spell crits are down to 6%(Instead of 9% from maxed enhancement + 9% or 12% from major or superior lore property on an item) with 2,25 multiplier(Instead of 2,25 from maxed enhancement + 0,25 or 0,50 from greater/major/superior property on an item). Lore property on items doesn't work. Y U NO FIX THIS, TURBINE?

Seriously. Casters **** now.

/Doom

Officially, they're still "looking into it" and it's a "high priority" for the next patch due late this month.

Unofficially, it will be "fixed" when the enhancement pass hits live. When that happens casters won't have crit enhancements, so they'll no longer be broken.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Community Member westerndragon207's Avatar

it will be fixed when they reopen the baudry chain and fix pet AI and crafting recipes
    Tread not in the path of Dragons. For thou art crunchy and good with ketchup.

Soon™.
    Distributed - Currently on life 72.

Community Member

Its not a bug. Its part of the Enhancement Pass that got pushed out early, for some reason. Casters are supposed to get 5% base crit as an auto-grant feat at L1, so they toned down crit from Enhancements. Eventually, casters will have more crit than they do now - but until the EP is fully released, and casters get that extra 5%, its a nerf.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Mental Toughness and Improved Mental Toughness are now granting a 1% crit chance in addition to their spell points .... or so it says on the Feats anyway .... but without a clearly defined spell critical chance as part of your character sheet we're kinda guessing.

This seems to be another part of the enhancement pass that's crept into live.

So it's maybe from 9% down to 8% if you have those, which will become 13% with the new enhancements which becomes 25% with a Superior Lore item.

The loss of enhancements to boost your spell critical multiplier appears to be a bigger issue, but I'll not cry doom on that one yet until we see the finished version.

It might turn out to be a nerf, or it might turn out that there are other ways to increase your crit multipliers.

If it is a nerf, I would like to see some explanation from Turbine on why it's being nerfed, what are the design decisions that have resulted in it, what are the issues that they have attempted to resolve. We can speculate it's because caster crits with maxed ED's are crazy high, but that's just our speculation.
    Last edited by Deadlock; 06-05-2013 at 05:16 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Mental Toughness and Improved Mental Toughness are now granting a 1% crit chance in addition to their spell points .... or so it says on the Feats anyway .... but without a clearly defined spell critical chance as part of your character sheet we're kinda guessing.

This seems to be another part of the enhancement pass that's crept into live.

So it's maybe from 9% down to 8% if you have those, which will become 13% with the new enhancements which becomes 25% with a Superior Lore item.

The loss of enhancements to boost your spell critical multiplier appears to be a bigger issue, but I'll not cry doom on that one yet until we see the finished version.

It might turn out to be a nerf, or it might turn out that there are other ways to increase your crit multipliers.

If it is a nerf, I would like to see some explanation from Turbine on why it's being nerfed, what are the design decisions that have resulted in it, what are the issues that they have attempted to resolve. We can speculate it's because caster crits with maxed ED's are crazy high, but that's just our speculation.
    Base crit mult is being raised from 0.25 to 1.00, IIRC. Now, you get 9% enhancement + 12% lore = 21% max crit and 0.5 base + 0.75 enhancement + 0.5 lore = 2.75 mult for 158% DPS

With the EP, you get 5% base + 8% enhancements + 12% lore + 2% feats = 27% crit with 1.0 (+0.5 lore?) crit mult = 2.0 mult for 154% DPS. Or 150% if you dont take MT/IMT

So a nerf, albeit a slight one, if crit mult is unboostable at 1.0. If its boostable at all, its a slight buff. (25% crit x 2.5 mult = 162% DPS)

Default When this happens

Quote Originally Posted by Tristitia View Post
    Now the spell crits are down to 6%(Instead of 9% from maxed enhancement + 9% or 12% from major or superior lore property on an item) with 2,25 multiplier(Instead of 2,25 from maxed enhancement + 0,25 or 0,50 from greater/major/superior property on an item). Lore property on items doesn't work. Y U NO FIX THIS, TURBINE?

Seriously. Casters **** now.

/Doom

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Base crit mult is being raised from 0.25 to 1.00, IIRC. Now, you get 9% enhancement + 12% lore = 21% max crit and 0.5 base + 0.75 enhancement + 0.5 lore = 2.75 mult for 158% DPS

With the EP, you get 5% base + 8% enhancements + 12% lore + 2% feats = 27% crit with 1.0 (+0.5 lore?) crit mult = 2.0 mult for 154% DPS. Or 150% if you dont take MT/IMT

So a nerf, albeit a slight one, if crit mult is unboostable at 1.0. If its boostable at all, its a slight buff. (25% crit x 2.5 mult = 162% DPS)
    Weeeellllll if you really wanted to you could splash either 4 Wizzie in your Sorc build or 4 Sorc in your wizzie Build and get

5% Base Critical Chance
    8% Critical Chance from Wizard Enhancements
    8% Critical Chance from Sorcerer enhancements
    2% Critical Chance from Mental Toughness and Improved Mental Toughness
    12% Critical Chance from Superior Lore item
    -----
    35% Critical Chance

Unless that gets changed from alpha, there was nothing stopping you taking both and they stacked.

In theory you could splash 4 Arti and get another 4% from that if you really wanted to. I'm having to refer to a very rough work-in-progress PDF document of the alpha enhancements so some of that could be out of date by the time it goes live.