Community Member

Default disconnections galore

My friend often gets disconnected and has put off looking for a solution. He recently changed service providers in the hopes of fixing the issue. He disconnects less with the new provider, proving it's in large part due to his computer settings.

When he changes areas, enters the Underdark, Eveningstar, etc, he loses connection and has to log off then back on. He's using FIOS on the Argo server. What other info do I need to get from him or what does he need to try, to fix the issue?

Thanks

infael

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by infael View Post
    My friend often gets disconnected and has put off looking for a solution. He recently changed service providers in the hopes of fixing the issue. He disconnects less with the new provider, proving it's in large part due to his computer settings.

When he changes areas, enters the Underdark, Eveningstar, etc, he loses connection and has to log off then back on. He's using FIOS on the Argo server. What other info do I need to get from him or what does he need to try, to fix the issue?

Thanks

infael
    I have the same problem when entering sands/vale/orchard. I have found that if I have another window open (inventory or character sheet) when I click on the wilderness area it will not disconnect. Has worked for me 100 percent of the time.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by drwho1985 View Post
    I have the same problem when entering sands/vale/orchard. I have found that if I have another window open (inventory or character sheet) when I click on the wilderness area it will not disconnect. Has worked for me 100 percent of the time.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by drwho1985 View Post
    I've heard that the high graphics cad requirements of those area's have been linked to DC's. There are a lot of particle physics (blowing sand for example) and shadows (like in the Forrest) that can cause issues. Have your friend make sure they have the most up to date drivers for their card. If that dosent work, have them switch to simple or no shadows and reduce the display of particles.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AZgreentea View Post
    I've heard that the high graphics cad requirements of those area's have been linked to DC's. There are a lot of particle physics (blowing sand for example) and shadows (like in the Forrest) that can cause issues. Have your friend make sure they have the most up to date drivers for their card. If that dosent work, have them switch to simple or no shadows and reduce the display of particles.
    That's possible, but there's clearly something new with zoning DCs. I never had an issue with the old sands/etc. zoning bug, even when I was running on my old 2006ish PC. The rig I've got now is a monster- even Sub-T stencil shadows don't phase me- but after U18 I was near-DCing every single time I zoned into the 12. That stopped with the last patch, but now it happens entering a crafting hall and occasionally the guild ship. Even turning down the graphics options and switching to DX9 doesn't fix it; it's at least partially something on the client end. I've got a number of guildies who are DCing while zoning anywhere- quests, explorer areas, taverns, wherever. If there's a load screen, it might happen.