Default Heroic quest repetition malus carrying to Epic quests

I was just aware of a bug today when I ran EN VoN3 (Jungles of Khyber) on my TR.
    I did get the first time bonus as expect, but on the second run I looked at the XP sheet and saw a -90% for repeating the quest 10 times.
    I did repeat it 10 times, but that was on Heroic difficulty when I was around lvl 10.

Is this one of those U14 bugs that have been around for a year and still not fixed because Turbine is working on flying cat companions?

Quote Originally Posted by Ykt View Post
    I was just aware of a bug today when I ran EN VoN3 (Jungles of Khyber) on my TR.
    I did get the first time bonus as expect, but on the second run I looked at the XP sheet and saw a -90% for repeating the quest 10 times.
    I did repeat it 10 times, but that was on Heroic difficulty when I was around lvl 10.

Is this one of those U14 bugs that have been around for a year and still not fixed because Turbine is working on flying cat companions?

This is WAI.

Just because the quest is now epic does not mean it is not the same quest. You get the first time bonuses but after that if you had already farmed it before you reached xp cap then you keep adding to your repetition.
    Schadel TR FVS | Whathitme 2TR human stalwart tank |Whatwas TR Barbarian/Fighter--FuryoftheWild | Kpavio Monk/fighter| Whatsnyp Artificer | Skullzz all purpose Druid| Whatcast elf AM| Nobuffforu Acrobat Warchanter

Quote Originally Posted by skullzz View Post
    This is WAI.

Just because the quest is now epic does not mean it is not the same quest. You get the first time bonuses but after that if you had already farmed it before you reached xp cap then you keep adding to your repetition.
    Awesom-O 4000 says, weak!, Lame!
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Quote Originally Posted by skullzz View Post
    This is WAI.

That's not true. For example epic VoN 6 is different from heroic VoN 6. Epic VoN 6 has Djinnis and Fire Elemental eggs.

Heroic XP and Epic XP are separate, the heroic lvl 9 Repetition counter should not carry over to lvl 22 Epic.

The Repetition malus is there to prevent a lvl 10 character from running the quest over and over again and getting XP for it (Imagine a TR doing this quest 70 times to get from lvl 8 to 12).
    It doesn't make sense for it to affect epic XP.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

I haven't heard a single good reason for Heroic Repetitions carrying forward into Epics.

It seems inevitable that they'll need to do away with this mechanic at some point in time .... like when we need 6,600,000 XP to get to level 28 in 9 weeks time?

Quote Originally Posted by Ykt View Post
    That's not true. For example epic VoN 6 is different from heroic VoN 6. Epic VoN 6 has Djinnis and Fire Elemental eggs.

Heroic XP and Epic XP are separate, the heroic lvl 9 Repetition counter should not carry over to lvl 22 Epic.

The Repetition malus is there to prevent a lvl 10 character from running the quest over and over again and getting XP for it (Imagine a TR doing this quest 70 times to get from lvl 8 to 12).
    It doesn't make sense for it to affect epic XP.

I agree that it shouldn't carry over but it does. And at this point we can more or less assume that it will never be changed. But I think it was sad by a dev last year (searchfu on these formus is bad) said that the repetition will carry over.
    Schadel TR FVS | Whathitme 2TR human stalwart tank |Whatwas TR Barbarian/Fighter--FuryoftheWild | Kpavio Monk/fighter| Whatsnyp Artificer | Skullzz all purpose Druid| Whatcast elf AM| Nobuffforu Acrobat Warchanter

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    I haven't heard a single good reason for Heroic Repetitions carrying forward into Epics.

It seems inevitable that they'll need to do away with this mechanic at some point in time .... like when we need 6,600,000 XP to get to level 28 in 9 weeks time?
    Wrong , our new xp cap will be the USA debt to the power of 10.
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM