Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Community Member orobold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    82

    Default is SA dmg capped?

    Hi there. Just wanna know if any of u can confirm this cause I didn't found it. I can reach 300dmg from sa but never more than that, and was wpndering if thats the max score u can get. Thx
    Wyrlax of Orien

  2. #2
    Community Member Yvonnel-1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orobold View Post
    Hi there. Just wanna know if any of u can confirm this cause I didn't found it. I can reach 300dmg from sa but never more than that, and was wpndering if thats the max score u can get. Thx
    Afaik there has never been a known cap to sneak dmg amount.

    But im curious how u reach a sa of 300honestly

    Yvo
    R.I.P. Devourer - 20-Aug-2010 11:00 GMT(+1 DST)
    (World Broadcast): World broadcast: 'Farewell to all our loyal players and thank you for your time in Eberron. We wish you all the best for your future adventures. Please log out now as the servers are now going down. Many thanks, Codemasters Online.'


    ***Ghallanda Rerolled*** *Yvonnel-1* "Peinlicher" Sylestria-1 Jarlaxle-1 Sammaster-1 Zapp-1
    formerly Dorn / Devourer - EU

  3. #3
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yvonnel-1 View Post
    But im curious how u reach a sa of 300honestly
    I was wondering that myself...let's suppose OP is pure halfling Assassin:

    10d6 base
    4d6 capstone
    3d6 Assassin III
    6d6 Shadowdancer
    +12 SA Training
    +8 halfling Guile
    +8 sneak atk item
    +5 exceptional SA item
    23d6+23 sneak atk

    That caps out at 161 sneak atk dmg per hit (avg 103.5). Either I've missed something major or the OP is inc. base dmg as well.

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    I was wondering that myself...let's suppose OP is pure halfling Assassin:

    10d6 base
    4d6 capstone
    3d6 Assassin III
    6d6 Shadowdancer
    +12 SA Training
    +8 halfling Guile
    +8 sneak atk item
    +5 exceptional SA item
    23d6+23 sneak atk

    That caps out at 161 sneak atk dmg per hit (avg 103.5). Either I've missed something major or the OP is inc. base dmg as well.
    +50% from helpless and 30% from Sense weakness (on helpless target) would put the number at 313 or 289 depending on how the multipliers stack. Assuming the lower number an extra 5% from primal avatar or black dragon set would be very close to 300.

  5. #5
    Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Krelar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EvilII View Post
    +50% from helpless and 30% from Sense weakness (on helpless target) would put the number at 313 or 289 depending on how the multipliers stack. Assuming the lower number an extra 5% from primal avatar or black dragon set would be very close to 300.
    It's been awhile since I leveled my rogue in fury of the wild but as I recall adrenaline also affects sneak attack damage.

  6. #6
    Community Member orobold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    It's been awhile since I leveled my rogue in fury of the wild but as I recall adrenaline also affects sneak attack damage.
    this. when I use adrenaline on non aggroed mobs I got sa dmg increased. After I posted th OP I got beyond 350 several times so the question to my op is answered.
    Wyrlax of Orien

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    I was wondering that myself...let's suppose OP is pure halfling Assassin:

    10d6 base
    4d6 capstone
    3d6 Assassin III
    6d6 Shadowdancer
    +12 SA Training
    +8 halfling Guile
    +8 sneak atk item
    +5 exceptional SA item
    23d6+23 sneak atk

    That caps out at 161 sneak atk dmg per hit (avg 103.5). Either I've missed something major or the OP is inc. base dmg as well.
    You can also add
    +3 SA from 3x Rogue Past Life feats
    +12 SA from Sneak of Shadows (3x per rest)

  8. #8
    Community Member thegreatneil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    outside the box
    Posts
    738

    Default

    Improved Sneak Attack for another 3d6
    You'll bend to my will - With or without your precious sanity.

    Neilus Soul of the Phoenix - Completionist - Orien

    Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    Everyone who is more effective than me is OP, and should be nerfed.
    Everyone who has more stuff than me cheated to get it, and should be punished.
    Everyone who plays differently to me is a bad person, and should be mistreated.

  9. #9
    Community Member Bunker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,960

    Default

    Also remember that if the OP saw that his SA dmg was over 300 when he read the combat log, remember that number might simply just be the base and SA dmg together.

    My repeater against the Training Dummy Showed 199 dmg on a crit + 45 SA dmg. But the combat log read:

    (Combat): You sneak attack Training Dummy for 244 points of pierce damage.

    -Bunk

  10. #10
    Community Member Bunker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,960

    Default

    New Decpetion on Weapons (and possibly accessories) have different tiers like Deadly and Accuracy.

    IE. Deception II: 5% Chance on hit: Your target becomes Bluffed for four seconds. (Bluffed enemies can be affected by Sneak Attacks even while targeting you.) On Sneak Attack: +2 Attack Rolls, +4 to Damage.

    That is the description of Deception II. And for every tier of Deception you get +1 tohit +2 damage. IE. Deception VI would be +6 tohit +12 damage.

    The question is, does it stack?

    -Bunk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload