Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ironclans_evil_twin View Post
    Eladrin stopped
    Madfloyd stopped
    MajorMal stopped
    Varg has a few posts but only responding to the most basic Lam questions as he or she seems to have seen the reaction to the Enhancement Alpha and withdrawn significantly.
    It appears Feather has given up posting in the face of his nickname being used as a negative synonym for bad loot.

This forum has reaped what it sows.
    Reading this post gave me the visual of those reps filling Scar Faces' shoes as he quit his job at the burger joint.

Seriously, the only way that post gets better is if it were made by Cordovan.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Community Member westerndragon207's Avatar

Well your right it is a very turbine like response. its also a WoW like response and a BGSO like response and a LOTRO response because all their developers are required to sign non-disclosure agreements regarding what they do and how they do it for that company because the programming is considered corporate property. Also the developer is considered (most of the time) as a subcontracted independent entity and as so are required to non-disclose their work situation.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkofDrasnia View Post
    Some answers to some questions

*the dev here get asked question in a certain manner because they have earned the right to be asked in that manner, isn't hard to figure this one out if you take the rose colored glasses off.
    *they won't answer that question because it will make them look bad
    *if they actually fixed some of these bugs some people might not leave so quickly
    *they went a long long time with no new content and yet f2p was enough to get things happening again so really they could fix bugs and the game would not "shut down"

If you are going to say bla bla I am developer and I "bla bla bla" be able to back it up with some real answers other than "I can't comment" because to be honest that is a very Turbine like response.
    Tread not in the path of Dragons. For thou art crunchy and good with ketchup.

Quote Originally Posted by westerndragon207 View Post
    do you even know what a skybox is or texture scaling, can you even count in base 16 (hex)

maybe you can translate this

(orient=A @ 345.000x0.000) leftoffset=14
    Xtie=1 3pc=true

for those of you that gave up on google that's a camera offset for a 3rd person controller should I explain how to script animations next....moron go get some education before you decide to fail troll. I bet you roll a half-orc bard with shuriken focus.....maybe you could ramp it up to an arti/druid LULZ.
    ... Buhahaha. Oh man that is funny, keep pretending. After all, it's random forum posters you need to convince

do you even know what a skybox is or texture scaling, can you even count in base 16 (hex)

Xtie=1 3pc=true
    I understand what a Skybox is: the best seats at the football stadium.

Maybe if understood the rest of that I'ld understand why your surprised that your post & ability to post on their FB/publicity site was removed...
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Community Member

Open lines of communication to the people who are paying you money is key to providing a great game weather you want to hear it from them or not.
    I actually have to agree with this. This is standard operating procedure for every company that provides a service for a fee.
    Even Comcast finally figured this out, Their entire installation/repair system was overhauled to provide better communication/service to the customer.

The rest of the thread is pretty much blathering blather babble to me, but this one sentence from the OP I absolutely agree with.

Weather looks good for this week.
    Last edited by forummuleonly; 06-05-2013 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Quote was absent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by forummuleonly View Post

Weather looks good for this week.

Thank the gods! Supposed to be in the mid 70s all week! WOOT!

(now if I could just get out of work...)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    Thank the gods! Supposed to be in the mid 70s all week! WOOT!

(now if I could just get out of work...)
    I figured we got our week of summer in April. Kind of nice to get a second one before September isn't it?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

Community Member westerndragon207's Avatar

****ing trolls if your not going to be productive go back to mommy and breast feed some more

I have a real issue here with how turbine is continuing to downgrade their game and all you jerk-offs have is to say is "trollolololo" no wonder this game is becoming **** all the former WoW re-fail players must be coming over
    Tread not in the path of Dragons. For thou art crunchy and good with ketchup.

Community Member

After reading through the thread, why the OP might have been banned on facebook still remains a huge mistery to me, HUGE i tell you.

My original question was what was removed not my reaction to this poor groups trolling efforts be productive or go away. maybe you should go play WoW the preteens are closer to your level.
    Maybe you should stop feeding them? Just a suggestion.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Community Member

My original question was what was removed not my reaction to this poor groups trolling efforts be productive or go away. maybe you should go play WoW the preteens are closer to your level.
    You know, I was actually planning on writing a long post in agreement with you, I was just going over in my head how best to phrase it, but quite frankly your attitude stinks.

Any merit you might have had with your original view has been marred by the insults you are throwing around.

If you feel that someone is Trolling, then report them, I assure you that the Cube is always hungry.

If the post remains after being reported then perhaps you should think about your definition of Trolling.

Community Member

Allright then none trollish. If that is the attitude you showed on facebook, and i quite frankly have no reason to not believe it is so, then it is no wonder you can't post there anymore.

As for your question, if they stopped putting out content they would get even more questions like this just from the other side of the fence.

Xtie=1 3pc=true

for those of you that gave up on google that's a camera offset for a 3rd person controller should I explain how to script animations next....moron go get some education before you decide to fail troll. I bet you roll a half-orc bard with shuriken focus.....maybe you could ramp it up to an arti/druid LULZ.
    I never claimed that I was a dev... Just that YOU were not.... Thank you for proving my point so eloquently!
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

yes its very sad to see this happening, Ive played D&D since the late 80's and i still play a weekly PnP with the new beta books from wizards. I was excited when this game came out and have been playing it since '09 i was very happy with it until now....ive paid my fair share of money for it too i pre-ordered the menace of the underdark and loved the polished looks and good content....until shady programming dropped it for a hotfix..then another one then one that cost me my pre-order pets (that was another turbine customer service nightmare to get those back) they weren't even going to give them back until i told them to close my account and refund my money....suddenly within 15 min i had mail ingame with my pets attached. imagine that.
    only reason i can think of is they didnt want to people to see "months of down time" LOL

as a game developer myself (unity4 game engine) i understand that sometimes you make something and it reacts in a way you didn't anticipate with something else....unfortunately for turbine i also know what an UNDO button is and if one of my updates breaks something on release i undo the update and fix it instead of doing it the other way and leaving the update then trying to fix it while its live....i also do EXTENSIVE testing on a separate server WITH NO PUBLIC ACCESS so that i can reset and recompile at will. I'm in development with a very popular MMO that i won't name for fear of further censoring. and im also a developer in the private sector of WoW (100% licensed game engine and legal servers) i create custom content and sometimes it just doesnt do what i want it to do....does not mean i release it anyways.
    1.) the game I'm a developer on does not wish me to name them in a different companies forums
    2.) like i said before we occasionally do have unforeseen issues, but we dont leave them live and broken. we back track the server then reload the update on our test server and continue working on it. sometimes this might require you to download an update twice but im sure you'd much rather have working content then access to broken stuff.
    3.) we have never EVER censored anything on our forums or FB that was not derogatory or racist. Open lines of communication to the people who are paying you money is key to providing a great game weather you want to hear it from them or not....have you ever gotten this response from a DDO GM "we do not have a complete understanding of this particular issue at this time please contact account services" then you call them and they tell you "that's a technical issue and we cant help with that" then you ask "can i talk to someone in the tech department" and they reply "uhhhhhh....no" the only contact info turbine gives us is the number for account services and unless your getting money returned or lost store points forget calling them."

4.) the particulars i'm naming as broken have been broken for several months or never addresed at all since release. there have been nearly a dozen "hot fix's" and several full updates to no avail on any of the broken or lost content.

5.) be a new player for the next paragraph "you enter the game and play just fine until you reach the harbor and find a guide sign that says" "go find baudry cartamon" you go find him take his quest then find out that you cant get in. then you ask in world about not being able to enter "because there is no error message just a load screen and boot" and someone tells you that the chain has been down for months, then you decide to figure out what this crafting thing is. only your making things and no shards are appearing in your bags. then you decide to start a toon with a pet (druid arti ranger) and around lvl 4 you start getting good abilities for them "box hunter" and your pet gets fixated on a box it cant reach and continues to run back to it even after being dismissed and resummoned. leading you to either deal with the effed up AI or forget that ability exists and respec it out. tell me how your first week in game feels now. oh and BTW you are paying a subscription.

all im asking them is WHY are they not bothering with fixing these things and focusing on more **** they will have to fix later. there has not been a single update since 12 that did not require immediate hotfix's or temporary disabling of a feature.

Xtie=1 3pc=true

Sentences should begin with a capital letter.

Just saying.

Community Member

Thread is full of troll. Cordovan where art tho?

Community Member

Some of my favorite threads of all time are from people who develop other games and take time out of their own busy and productive lives to donate precious experience to the improvement of my favorite games.

Love it!

(I am actually Secretary of State for a major world nation, for security reasons I cannot actually divulge which state, of course. As you can see from my post count, I don't get to comment much, what with them pesky zealots 'n opposing philosophies running amuck and such, I am a bit short on time.)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seere View Post
    Some of my favorite threads of all time are from people who develop other games and take time out of their own busy and productive lives to donate precious experience to the improvement of my favorite games.

Love it!

(I am actually Secretary of State for a major world nation, for security reasons I cannot actually divulge which state, of course. As you can see from my post count, I don't get to comment much, what with them pesky zealots 'n opposing philosophies running amuck and such, I am a bit short on time.)
    Gotta say i'm really starting to like this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by luxgolg2 View Post
    Thread is full of troll. Cordovan where art tho?
    Pretty sure they are just excited to see some people posting at this point.....
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Pretty sure they are just excited to see some people posting at this point.....
    Who? The trolls or Turbine?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Insulting the development team is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkofDrasnia View Post
    Who? The trolls or Turbine?
    Lol Both!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast