Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Citzen_Gkar View Post
    I didn't hear this from someone who plays on the server that can't be named but its possible that by coincidence the server that can't be named might be testing a version of Epic TR where you have to max out all ED destiny XP bars, then you Epic TR which resets your ED to 0 XP in all destinies. You have to level the EDs from scratch, but for your first Epic TR you unlock the new 4th twist slot and get 1 twist point, and for each subsequent Epic TR you get another twist point (up to a total of 3 extra twist points). For Epic Completions you need to complete 3 Epic TRs and then when you start that 4th life you get a free Epic feat (counts as L21 epic feat)
    I give this troll an 8.5 out of 10.

There is no way Turbine would make this a re-level of destinies, even they cannot be that stupid. That's the insane/inane level of grind that'll make people quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanesa View Post
    ETR to the level 15 would be more logical in connection with the Iconic Heroes.
    Aye, less Epic Destiny farming not more.

Level up to 30ish with any toon.

Get Iconic Heart of Wood.

Epic TR into Iconic Class starting at level 15.

Keep old Epic Destiny Xp, gain new Epic Destiny Xp.
    Quest repetion penalties from last life removed.

Level up to 30ish with this toon.
    Get Iconic Heart of Wood.
    Epic TR into Iconic Class starting at level 15.
    Get Iconic Past Life based on current Iconic Class.

Epic Destinies are going to have 20ish levels by the time we are done.
    There will be 50% more epic destinies.
    They will not be reset.

If the devs are taking suggestions . . . for the love of all that is holy let us keep our favor.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    I give this troll an 8.5 out of 10.

There is no way Turbine would make this a re-level of destinies, even they cannot be that stupid. That's the insane/inane level of grind that'll make people quit.
    How does the XP grind compare to regular completionist?

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    How does the XP grind compare to regular completionist?
    The ED grind is the stupidest most boring thing ever added to any game in the history of the universe. it nearly killed this game. heck, most people just went back to TRing rather than dealing with the joke that is DDO's end-game of ED grind and two raids.

Anything that adds to that is beyond retarded.

Community Member

The ED grind is the stupidest most boring thing ever added to any game in the history of the universe. it nearly killed this game. heck, most people just went back to TRing rather than dealing with the joke that is DDO's end-game of ED grind and two raids.

Anything that adds to that is beyond retarded.
    So... less than regular completionist. Got ya.

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    So... less than regular completionist. Got ya.
    Oh a lot less, you can bang it out in 2 weeks if you don't mind Rusted blades until you hate the game.

Have I mentioned this game is in the tank and nobody is playing end-game anymore?

Just because it's less time doesn't make it a good idea, an intelligent person would know that.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Citzen_Gkar View Post
    I didn't hear this from someone who plays on the server that can't be named but its possible that by coincidence the server that can't be named might be testing a version of Epic TR where you have to max out all ED destiny XP bars, then you Epic TR which resets your ED to 0 XP in all destinies. You have to level the EDs from scratch, but for your first Epic TR you unlock the new 4th twist slot and get 1 twist point, and for each subsequent Epic TR you get another twist point (up to a total of 3 extra twist points). For Epic Completions you need to complete 3 Epic TRs and then when you start that 4th life you get a free Epic feat (counts as L21 epic feat)
    I thought it might be something like this but I thought you would get the feat for doing this 1 time rather than 3.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Oh a lot less, you can bang it out in 2 weeks if you don't mind Rusted blades until you hate the game.

Have I mentioned this game is in the tank and nobody is playing end-game anymore?

Just because it's less time doesn't make it a good idea, an intelligent person would know that.
    Which server are you currently not playing end-game on?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Which server are you currently not playing end-game on?
    Go to your Who list and tell me 80% or more of the players aren't below level 20.

Look at your LFMs and tell me there isn't way more going on below level 20 than there is above level 20.

Community Member

Looks pretty tough to bang out Epic Completioninst in 2 weeks.

Assuming that repeat counters reset when you Epic TR, you are still going to have to run the majority of the 70ish Epic quests on EH and EN plus several hundred thousand xp from wildernesses, challenges and or high end store pots... just to get to maximum XP achieved so that you can start farming ID or RB. And you will be at least level 26 so you will need to farm on EE for no penalty or more likley on EH with a 10% penalty.

If repeat counters don't reset, you are going to have to Heroic TR at least once and probably twice to reset your repeat counters.
    TPICKRELL forum identity still broken, 15 weeks and counting... So yet another throw away Forum identity

Serious question . .. are people here even suggesting a reset of ED XP upon epic TR?
    Last edited by IWCoppercrest; 06-06-2013 at 07:15 PM.

Community Member

Look at your LFMs and tell me there isn't way more going on below level 20 than there is above level 20.
    End game, at least on my server, seems to happen in guild groups and channels, the LFM list indicates really nothing about Epic activity.

Serious question . .. are people here really even suggesting a reset of ED XP upon epic TR?
    Serious questions don't usually include name calling.

But just for fun, would anyone have been "really stupid enough" to even suggest you would need double the XP overall and almost triple the XP at higher level to TR? Or that after achieving your epic destiny you have to NOT USE IT for many times as long just to add a couple little things to it?

There is nothing too stupid to be a realistic option for Turbine to implement lol
    Last edited by IWCoppercrest; 06-06-2013 at 07:15 PM.

Go to your Who list and tell me 80% or more of the players aren't below level 20.

Rofl

Your actually surprised that a 20 level spread dominates the panels instead of a 5 level spread?

20 is 80% of 25...
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

2014 DDO Players Council

If the devs are taking suggestions . . . for the love of all that is holy let us keep our favor.
    I sure hope not. Losing all favor is a key benefit of TRing.

If you didn't rack up hundreds of free Turbine points every TR, you might have a point.

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    I sure hope not. Losing all favor is a key benefit of TRing.

If you didn't rack up hundreds of free Turbine points every TR, you might have a point.
    I think the not losing favor is in response to how difficult the 375 PDK favor has been up til now. Without more quests, I would want to keep it as well. But if even more quests are added, it might not be too bad.

I'm currently running multiple TRs on my main. I was capped at 25 with full destinies. If I was told I'd lose the destiny xp I would not have TRd. Same for when/if an epic TR rolls out. If it resets destiny xp I don't think I'll be doing it.
    /sigh

I can't imagine ever voluntarily doing anything that would reset my destiny xp. TRing and running through the 1-20 content again is super fun, at least I find it so. I one-and-done bravery streak all content. Total blast. Leveling destinies, otoh, is the single least fun thing in the entire game. I'd rather manually reorder my ingredients bags than level destinies. It's an unfun nightmare that I reduce my exposure to as much as reasonably possible.

Community Member

Orien server has been lacking in 20+ lfms compared to how it usually is. Been at 25 for 2 weeks now on my TR, months on my alt. And I feel lately there is less activity on lfm panel for end game.

Why reset ED xp? I don't get it? Wouldn't epic tr be more closely tied to having to get from 20 to 28 again?

Edit: Found Deadlock's post on Eic past life feat tied to an ED being active.
    Getting to Epic Level with a class then taking that to level 28 to epic tr for an epic past life seems enough no need to reset ED xp for no logical reason.
    Last edited by Rubbinns; 06-07-2013 at 06:56 AM.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Serious question . .. are people here even suggesting a reset of ED XP upon epic TR?
    Not me. I would rather reset all Epic bravery and repetition counters and take me back to 20. I would prefer to regain 6,600,000 Epic XP to get me to 28 than 21,780,000 XP to max out all of my ED's again.

Resetting ED XP presumably means that you lose all of your twists and fate points too.

For the sake of gaining 11 Epic Past Life Feats based on your active Destiny instead of a 4th twist slot and 3 Fate points, I would perversely rather do 6,600,000 x 11 than 21,780,000 x 3.

Would a 4th twist slot require 4 Fate Points to unlock or would it be automatically granted at Tier 1?
    Last edited by Deadlock; 06-07-2013 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    I can't imagine ever voluntarily doing anything that would reset my destiny xp. TRing and running through the 1-20 content again is super fun, at least I find it so. I one-and-done bravery streak all content. Total blast. Leveling destinies, otoh, is the single least fun thing in the entire game. I'd rather manually reorder my ingredients bags than level destinies. It's an unfun nightmare that I reduce my exposure to as much as reasonably possible.
    Exactly.

Questing is fun, and with Bravery streak the needed grind for heroic level is minimal now.

Grinding out EDs in any efficient manner is painful and unfun. Running 15 million XP while being gimped in an off-destiny while questing is hardly fun at all either.

it's game suicide if Turbine pursues that horrible idea.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast