WARNING: This post contains wild speculation. The OP makes no apology for this and any further wild speculation on the part of the reader.
The only official word we've had on this is
Here are some possibilities that I've thought about
- Epic TR is designed to provide a platform for people to play solely in Epic Levels from 20 to 28 extending the life of the Epic content to create a new Endgame option for players
- Epic TR will retain your Heroic XP and reset your Epic XP.
- Epic TR will only be available when capped at level 28.
- Epic TR will reset first-time completion and repetition penalties for all Epic quests.
- Epic TR will retain any Hard or Elite streaks at the time of TR
- At the moment, we already retain all ED XP when we Heroic TR, Epic TR will retain your Heroic XP but reset your Epic XP and reset your ED XP.
- At the moment, when you Heroic TR you gain a Past Life Feat based on your dominant class, Epic TR will provide an Epic Past Life Feat based on a having a capped ED active when you Epic TR.
- Heroic TR is based on your dominant class, Epic TR will be based on your dominant destiny.
- Epic TR will require an Epic True Druidic Heart of Wood, requiring 20 Heroic Commendations or 20 Greater Tokens of the Twelve (or purchased from the DDO Store).
- Epic Past Life Feats will stack up to 3 times similiar to the Heroic Past Life Feats
- A new feat Epic Completionist will be granted providing the +2 Stat boost quoted when you have gained an Epic Past Life for every destiny.
So the conjecture is based on the assumption that we have a model for Heroic TRing and it would be logical that the system for Epic TRing would roughly follow this. Turbine is extending the Epic game and needs a way to prolong player interest in this as a new optional Endgame. We need a way to reset first time bonusses and Epic repetition penalties if we are going to have a smoother ride from 20 to 28. Glin mentions providing a new completionist track, I'm reading that to mean an extra completionist track and not a replacement completionist track, so it has to be based on Epic levels and Epic Destinies.
We're supposed to be hearing more about this in the summer. We're also due for an expansion in the summer. So hopefully we're not that far away from some factual details from the good folks at Turbine. They could learn from recent mistakes and provide us with a background to their design decisions and what the concept behind the Epic TR system is to help avoid some of the negative feedback when these things are thrust upon us.
I would like to see both Completionist and Epic Completionist feats being auto-granted instead of taking up an actual Feat slot.