Default Bladeforged w/ monk splash

I caved in and finally rolled up a Bladesworn. I'm on the fence as far as how to finish it up. I''m currently going as a pure lvl 20 THF DOS paladin, complete with Adamantine Body & (eventually) The Cleaver. Now, I'm not an expert on paladins by any means, so I'm looking for some feedback.

Would it be worth downgrading my body type to Mithril or Composite, take a 2 Monk splash, and run around with a quarterstaff like the Sireth or Dreampiercer?

The tradeoff seems to be PRR & AC vs. Evasion & Better DPS (GMoF's Dance of Flowers gives a nice damage bonus to centered Q-staff builds, and the enhancement pass is looking promising for q-staff builds as well)

Thoughts?
    Thelanis:
    Retired Leader of The Ministry of Destruction
    Retired Player of DDO
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuffmann View Post
    Let me concede and bow to your far superior social graces.....

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

If you want to be centered, then you'll need the basic composite body (ie. no body feat) which will mean you actually get 3 feats out of it. Your AC & PRR will be noticeably less, so you'll need to fit in some other damage mitigation through a decent DR item, dodge, concealment & incorporeal.

Either approach can work well, just be aware of your capabilities & plan accordingly.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryohazard View Post
    I caved in and finally rolled up a Bladesworn. I'm on the fence as far as how to finish it up. I''m currently going as a pure lvl 20 THF DOS paladin, complete with Adamantine Body & (eventually) The Cleaver. Now, I'm not an expert on paladins by any means, so I'm looking for some feedback.

Would it be worth downgrading my body type to Mithril or Composite, take a 2 Monk splash, and run around with a quarterstaff like the Sireth or Dreampiercer?

The tradeoff seems to be PRR & AC vs. Evasion & Better DPS (GMoF's Dance of Flowers gives a nice damage bonus to centered Q-staff builds, and the enhancement pass is looking promising for q-staff builds as well)

Thoughts?
    I don't like the Monk splash on a pally anymore. You want the fighter splash. You get so much value out of it.

1. 3 feats (2 free and Tower shields for DOS requirement)
    2. Haste boost I
    3. Fighter strength I

Don't skimp on the PPR. Take adm body and go fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDuck81 View Post
    Your AC & PRR will be noticeably less, so you'll need to fit in some other damage mitigation through a decent DR item, dodge, concealment & incorporeal.

True, but the Bladeforged get the special damage mitigation vs slashing weapons, which helps a little bit.

Defensive Strikes in Shintao in the new enhancements will make the PRR worries distinctly less of an issue on a centred monk splash once they are live.
    Knight of the Silver Legion, part of Guild Medieval

Quote Originally Posted by Cloista View Post
    Defensive Strikes in Shintao in the new enhancements will make the PRR worries distinctly less of an issue on a centred monk splash once they are live.
    Then splash a bit of fighter - ESoS+defensive strikes? Sure! (Or so ddowiki says...)