Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dear QuartermasterX

I really like the new Glamered cosmetic system. Applying the custome look to my character rather than a specific item is excellent, and now I'm willing to pony up some cash. However here's my dilemma: While there are indeed some Glamered kits that are appealing, there's also some random gen and named loot armor appearances that I would really like to have as my permanent appearance.

Has there been any internal discussion about a Glamered "blank"? If not, would you please pass along this suggestion? I'm thinking something that could be plugged into a stone of change along with any loot gen/named armor, and out comes a new custome appearance. Of course, I expect the the original armor to be destroyed in the process.

Assuming this "blank" would be the most expensive Glamored option in the store, I'll still buy at least 1 for each of my toons.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Assuming this "blank" would be the most expensive Glamored option in the store, I'll still buy at least 1 for each of my toons.
    This seems like it would be a bit cheesy to me. Some of the Armor Kits were already more expensive than Adventure Packs.

Pricing points aside, something like this would be very good to have on the DDO store!

Quote Originally Posted by ForumAccess View Post
    This seems like it would be a bit cheesy to me. Some of the Armor Kits were already more expensive than Adventure Packs.

Pricing points aside, something like this would be very good to have on the DDO store!
    Oh, I agree it would be outrageous pricing, but I expect nothing less from cash-hungry game companies. Even so, imagine the possibilities... Your level 1 monk decked out in black dragon full plate, or pally in a robe of the Phoenix, or any character that wants to ware the most effective piece of armor without looking like everyone else who has that armor. Between the Glamered kits they offer, and the ability to turn any existing appearance into a Glamered kit, we could really have a variety of looks out there -especially at end game.

I've had many complaints come and go during my time in this game. Most old ones have been addressed, other new ones pop up and then get addressed... But my only complaint that has persisted from day 1 is the lack of visual customization. Cosmetic pets don't do it for me. I almost thought Armor Kits addressed that, until I out grew the dragontouched it was on. Fortunately, I only bought one of those.

Please Turbine, the money really wants to be spent... So what do ya say?
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Brand / Commerce Team QuartermasterX's Avatar

I really like the new Glamered cosmetic system. Applying the custome look to my character rather than a specific item is excellent, and now I'm willing to pony up some cash. However here's my dilemma: While there are indeed some Glamered kits that are appealing, there's also some random gen and named loot armor appearances that I would really like to have as my permanent appearance.

Has there been any internal discussion about a Glamered "blank"? If not, would you please pass along this suggestion? I'm thinking something that could be plugged into a stone of change along with any loot gen/named armor, and out comes a new custome appearance. Of course, I expect the the original armor to be destroyed in the process.

Thanks for the suggestion. While I cannot guarantee we will be able to do something like this, we are definitely planning to release new Glamered cosmetics in the future. We will also be taking suggestions & feedback on what cosmetics players would like to see in the DDO Store.

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. While I cannot guarantee we will be able to do something like this, we are definitely planning to release new Glamered cosmetics in the future. We will also be taking suggestions & feedback on what cosmetics players would like to see in the DDO Store.
    I am not much into the armor kits, but if I could use the drow blackguards armor from Tempest spine, I would drop a pretty penny. That has always been my favorite armor and I would love to use it from lvl 1-25. (helm and all that is)
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

2014 DDO Players Council

While there are indeed some Glamered kits that are appealing, there's also some random gen and named loot armor appearances that I would really like to have as my permanent appearance.
    Agreed. But why can't we just drop ANY armor into the Cosmetic slot, and have it show? Honestly, that was what I was expecting. And it would avoid any problem with people who had purchased cosmetic armor kits in the past, as they could just put the armor they'd applied the kit to into the cosmetic slot.

Is it only because you want to monetize it? If so, then a store item to add "cosmetic-slot-fit-able" to any regular armor would be a way to go to achieve both.

Of course, I expect the the original armor to be destroyed in the process.
    Ouch. That would defeat the purpose. I'd have to DESTROY my Red Dragon armor to have it as my cosmetic armor? I don't think that's a good solution.

Make there a straight-forward way, where if I sometimes wear armor "A", and sometimes armor "B", but want to always look like "A" even when wearing "B", I can do it...without having to farm up 20 extra Flawless Red Dragon Scales.

Founder

I suppose that DDO is coded differently than LotRO, but LotRO currently has the best costume system that I've seen. You can have multiple costumes, use real gear as costume gear, get cosmetic-only gear from the store or as drops, and even dye individual pieces of gear. If Turbine was going to add a cosmetic system to DDO I don't know why they didn't go the route of LotRO.

[QUOTE= We will also be taking suggestions & feedback on what cosmetics players would like to see in the DDO Store.[/QUOTE]

There is one cosmetic armor kit I have been waiting for ever since I got my top hat years ago (and once armor kits were actually added). Something that would really tell the monsters that I am a truly classy adventurer. Something that all the newbs can stare upon in awe and wonder how such a thing could possibly offer the mobility required in a battlefield, to which I can respond "because I'm awesome" or "magic, duh" or "I only have a 12 dex anyway". Have you guessed it yet?

Its a tuxedo!

Yes, I want to slay monsters with a fashionable suit to go with my top hat that all my enemies can marvel at while they are ripped limb from limb. And come on, can you imagine a horc in a tux? It would be great. And a cosmetic to go for each of the other hats would be pretty cool too, a green pimp suit, bunny suit, demonic bunny suit, ninja outfit, ect.
    Last edited by thegreatfox; 06-04-2013 at 06:29 PM.

Thank you for the response Just getting an acknowledgment that the idea was heard is much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    But why can't we just drop ANY armor into the Cosmetic slot, and have it show? ...Is it only because you want to monetize it?
    Pretty sure the answer is yes For instance, even though hair dye is common enough, I've never heard of anyone getting an armor kit from a chest drop. Hence I assumed my suggestion should be accompanied by a "here's how you can make money off me" note.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    I'd have to DESTROY my Red Dragon armor to have it as my cosmetic armor? I don't think that's a good solution... a store item to add "cosmetic-slot-fit-able" to any regular armor would be a way to go to achieve both.
    Hmm... A fair point, though red/green dragon armor would be about the most extreme example of a difficult to replace armor. However, I have to admit, I like your idea of implementation better. That said, I suspect the coding to make an armor fit into both the cosmetic and functional equip slots might be an issue, though of course I truly don't know - just supposing there. I was just offering up what I thought would be the simplest & easiest way for them to give me what I wanted

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatfox View Post
    There is one cosmetic armor kit I have been waiting for ever since I got my top hat years ago...
    ... a tuxedo!

Yes, I want to slay monsters with a fashionable suit to go with my top hat that all my enemies can marvel at while they are ripped limb from limb. And come on, can you imagine a horc in a tux? It would be great.
    Wait, what? A tuxedo? Why not a proper gentleman's tailcoat?

Short coats only became fashionable after that one Earl Spencer was careless with fire...

I'd much rather see a half-orc in "Brummell look" - blue tailcoat and all.

(Who, me? I'd actually prefer a Norfolk coat, plus-fours and a more practical hat for adventuring...)
    Last edited by mna; 06-05-2013 at 05:03 AM.

Brand / Commerce Team QuartermasterX's Avatar

Have you guessed it yet?

Its a tuxedo!
    I am completely for something like this!

I am completely for something like this!
    Please no! the top hats are bad enough.

Default hillbilly tuxedo

I have my 1/2 orc wearing the wilderness cosmetic armor kit along with the wizard pointy cosmetic hat and he looks like he stepped right out of the pig pen from the set of Hee Haw. I love it!!!!

Default Some sugestions:

1) Owlbear armor kit. And if a druid uses it, then transforms into a bear, they instead look like an owlbear. :P

2) Tressym kitty hat. Looks like a live Tressym decided to perch on the owner's head. "There is a cat with wings on my head. Your argument is invalid!"

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    I suppose that DDO is coded differently than LotRO, but LotRO currently has the best costume system that I've seen. You can have multiple costumes, use real gear as costume gear, get cosmetic-only gear from the store or as drops, and even dye individual pieces of gear. If Turbine was going to add a cosmetic system to DDO I don't know why they didn't go the route of LotRO.
    It's true. The cosmetic system in LotRO is nearly perfect. DDO should do this. I forgotten the number of times I've said that in the forums.

I'm guessing it is "simply" a coding issue that prevents this; we all know the coding in DDO is screwed up from the bottom-up.

Community Member

If you're really open for suggestions for cosmetic gear...

1) Traditional barbarian look. You know exactly what I'm talking about: Conan the Barbarian. Consisting of nothing more than the furry loincloth, furry boots and metal bracers, with naked skin everywhere else...okay so females would have a furry bikini top. It's so iconic that you can find not only He-Man sporting the same look, but nearly every mural on 1970s panel vans. If you want an alternative selection, there's always the Tarzan leopard print!

2) Pirates. There's two types of pirate looks like that I'd like to see added: puffy shirt swashbuckler and frockcoat captain. These cosmetics could even be a limited in availability in the DDOStore during times when the Cove is active.

3) Glowing armor. This is probably the cosmetic armor that I'd be most interested in. Glowing armor would use the same effect as the Glowing Circlet, except it would cover the whole armor. If the cosmetic armors are going to be available in the different armor types, then the glowing armor would be available in all the armor types: Light Armor, Medium Armor, Heavy Armor and Docent.

1) Please add some Knightly / Paladin gleaming suits of full plate cosmetic kits. These should be in silvers, grays, blues, etc. without weird looking spikes, pauldrons, skulls on the breastplate, etc. Just make it look like traditional suits of armor (perhaps spruced up a bit) that real knights wore back in the Middle Ages. I've gone through all of the cosmetic kits currently released and none of these fit the bill. I want my Paladin to look like a magnificent knight in full plate!

2) Please add matching cosmetic helmets. I don't care if these have no in-game effect. I just want to have a knightly helmet to wear as well. IMHO, most helmets in the game look awful / cheesy. The only ones I like are the battered helm from Korthos, and the Purple Dragon Knight helmet.

The Purple Dragon Knight set looks great, but since I've TRd I can't wear that until I level back up, so more cosmetic sets of armor like that as an example would be great.

Thanks,
    Ralmeth
    Aryk Stoutheart, Paladin - Sarlona
    Rindyl Twirliblade, Elven Swashbuckler - Sarlona
    Vyyndar Stoutheart, Vanguard Paladin - Argo

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmeth View Post
    The Purple Dragon Knight set looks great, but since I've TRd I can't wear that until I level back up, so more cosmetic sets of armor like that as an example would be great.

I'd like the PDK cosmetic armor slot stuff to have a "unisex" option. What is an interesting and maybe practical look on a male toon turns into a bikini/skirt on a female toon. Sure folks like that, I'd just like an option with the same look that didn't use the inverse clothing coverage to power relationship on a female toon.

This is the outfit i want.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinusWyllt View Post
    I'd like the PDK cosmetic armor slot stuff to have a "unisex" option. What is an interesting and maybe practical look on a male toon turns into a bikini/skirt on a female toon. Sure folks like that, I'd just like an option with the same look that didn't use the inverse clothing coverage to power relationship on a female toon.
    Oh, I didn't realize that. In that case, I completely agree with you.
    Aryk Stoutheart, Paladin - Sarlona
    Rindyl Twirliblade, Elven Swashbuckler - Sarlona
    Vyyndar Stoutheart, Vanguard Paladin - Argo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast