2015 DDO Players Council

Default Up to date tanking...

Currently i have my efforts focused on a 12 monk 6 pally 2 fighter tank. I am currently lv24 with legendary dreadnought capped. My guild is currently in need of a tank for raids specifically Fall of Truth Truthful one tank. I am currently working on the lv24 version of the iron cloak of the bear. I have a +3 ehard black dragon helm and have a few scales and favor before red dragon scale robes. My plan is to hit 25 and farm out for unyielding then head to fens and farm for claw set, This is assuming that it is worth my time currently. I am looking for suggestions of gear to increase my threat gen, Claw set i have been told is bread and butter. But is this still true? And is there any other Bread and butter gear that i need to maintain aggro?
    - Sorul - Sakami - Adenai - Witmix - Oyashi - Lefie/Refie

Quote Originally Posted by Forul View Post
    Currently i have my efforts focused on a 12 monk 6 pally 2 fighter tank. I am currently lv24 with legendary dreadnought capped. My guild is currently in need of a tank for raids specifically Fall of Truth Truthful one tank. I am currently working on the lv24 version of the iron cloak of the bear. I have a +3 ehard black dragon helm and have a few scales and favor before red dragon scale robes. My plan is to hit 25 and farm out for unyielding then head to fens and farm for claw set, This is assuming that it is worth my time currently. I am looking for suggestions of gear to increase my threat gen, Claw set i have been told is bread and butter. But is this still true? And is there any other Bread and butter gear that i need to maintain aggro?
    The dragon in FoT does a lot of spinning attacks and will turn around and swing it's tail so it can be hard to tell who has agro - so you can just fake it between intims. When he flies up and starts fire balling someone and it is obvious that you dont have agro just say something like 'damn manyshot' and you should be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by lugoman View Post
    When he flies up and starts fire balling someone and it is obvious that you dont have agro just say something like 'damn manyshot' and you should be ok.
    lol

As far as OP, no clue, last tank build I saw was a 16/2/2 build Fighter/Monk/Pally on the old forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Forul View Post
    Bracers? I kinda like the fabby bracers for this purpose. Use those, obviously you're in earth stance, then in Unyielding you can go for Stand Against the Tide (which is probably obvious), then use Intolerant Blows (also make sure to max out Endless Smiting).

Seriously though if you can't keep aggro just using Intolerant Blows (1000% bonus to threat gen??) and earth stance you're doing such a pitiful amount of dps that I'm surprised you're punching at all. Yeah a Furyshotter might just be able to take aggro from you, but anyone with a lick of sense should know in a Guild Raid what needs to be done.

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmanis View Post
    Yeah a Furyshotter might just be able to take aggro from you, but anyone with a lick of sense should know in a Guild Raid what needs to be done.
    This is a complete and utter lie. Everyone knows in a guild run, the first thing to do is grab agro on your AA, and run around so the tank can't get agro from you. Then trololol when half the party ends up dead because 3...2...1...BOOM!

Or... is that just me?

On a side note, I recently tanked Reaver on EE on my AA.
    Also pulled agro and tanked teh big ugly in the next run.

EDIT:
    You know, thinking about it I've tanked almost all the raids that need a tank in this game, with the exception of TOD. I never once had any tankish/hate gen gear on my toon. In fact I am pretty sure I always had hate reducing gear on. Go figure. AA tanks, I'm doing it wrong.
    Last edited by TheLegendOfAra; 06-04-2013 at 03:47 AM.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Yeah but people like you better than they like me :P If I did that I'd be blacklisted and told to kill myself >.>

I've yet to even do an EE of that raid, nor do I have the one ring to rule them all to tank him. Might need to get on that.

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmanis View Post
    Yeah but people like you better than they like me :P If I did that I'd be blacklisted and told to kill myself >.>

I've yet to even do an EE of that raid, nor do I have the one ring to rule them all to tank him. Might need to get on that.
    Heh, I don't think anyone likes me. I just get tolerated.

Come farm EEPOP with meh! once I cap Arasin I'll be farming that on Araphina again for Arasin's endgame gear. At least, I will until I decide to TR again.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

When you doin it? Like always I most likely won't see you til Saturday :/

And BS on people not liking you. No one likes me which is why I'm never invited to anything Q_Q
    Last edited by Nightmanis; 06-04-2013 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lugoman View Post
    The dragon in FoT does a lot of spinning attacks and will turn around and swing it's tail so it can be hard to tell who has agro - so you can just fake it between intims. When he flies up and starts fire balling someone and it is obvious that you dont have agro just say something like 'damn manyshot' and you should be ok.
    Hahahah...

How do you give rep on this new mess that we call forums?

+1.. i figured it out.
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Community Member

Not sure how high is no fail but ~75 intim seems to be fine.
    Back against the wall, shield+triple pos warhammer, stalwart in dreadnought.
    So for you, earth+Mabar wraps+ divine righteousness, should be fine. Twist intolerant blows if you really have crappy dps.
    At least when he's near wall, he doesn't breathe on party.