First, some qualifiers:
1) I don't multi box.
2) I run the standard res package.
3) I am not techno-savy, and tend to get lost in some of the jargin.
I see all these (comparatively) uber-boxers citing performance issues due to this process or that function associated with DDO. I hardly seem to have any of them. In fact, I only seem to suffer three noticeable performance issues playing DDO:
1) Most annoying is the ~2 min pause when I get favor mail on quest cometion (already addressed in another thread, just mentioning for completeness)
2) Kinda longish load screens (no mystery as to the cause of this & not seeking a solution)
3) Some graphics lag when knee deep in the middle of a raid boss beat-down (though no so much when standing farther back on a caster/raid nanny & again, no mystery as to the cause, see below)
I've checked out this Awesomium (who names this stuff?) business on my box, and had no noticeable* change in performance weather the processes were running or not.
*Noticeable meaning effecting my gameplay experience. If I have to watch a resource monitor to see what it's doing, I don't consider that "noticeable."
Been using the same box since I started at the launch of f2p in '09.
3 gig ram
512 Meg 8x AGP ATI Radeon
750 gig 10k rpm HDD.
Any thoughts on why I don't suffer any of the big stuff? I can play in the underdark just fine, and don't seem to have any lag issues beyond what anyone else experiences (exempting the raid scenario listed above). Am I just lucky? By other people's accounts, I would think I should have much more issues than I do on such an archaic system. I'm not comaining mind you, just curious...