Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default I have a bad feeling about the Temp Portal to Eveningstar (Patch 18.1)

So...I decided to take the temp portal to Eveningstar to get past the whole Spinner's prison issue and to play the 2 new F2P quests.

Completed Beyond the Rift, then went and bound my toon in Eveningstar in case of a death so I can quickly get back to the quest.

However I have this nagging voice in the back of my head calling me a tool for doing this knowing Turbine's track record of breaking more things than it fixes with patches...i.e. I continuously lag out and crash first login attempt since the 18.1 patch...every friggin time. Never was an issue before that... read many a thread on the issue and it just makes the nagging voice louder and louder...

Speculation on my part, is.that I will not be able to return to Eveningstar and because the chain is fragmented that my toon will be stuck somewhere in between worlds and unplayable.

Because we all know this was throughly tested ...

any other wild specualtions out there?

Community Member

Default Wild Speculation #1

I bet that the server hamsters are on a hunger strike.

Community Member

that does qualify as wild speculation

Quote Originally Posted by sk3l3t0r View Post
    So...I decided to take the temp portal to Eveningstar to get past the whole Spinner's prison issue and to play the 2 new F2P quests.

Completed Beyond the Rift, then went and bound my toon in Eveningstar in case of a death so I can quickly get back to the quest.

However I have this nagging voice in the back of my head calling me a tool for doing this knowing Turbine's track record of breaking more things than it fixes with patches...i.e. I continuously lag out and crash first login attempt since the 18.1 patch...every friggin time. Never was an issue before that... read many a thread on the issue and it just makes the nagging voice louder and louder...

Speculation on my part, is.that I will not be able to return to Eveningstar and because the chain is fragmented that my toon will be stuck somewhere in between worlds and unplayable.

Two words....
    Teleport, Mass

Community Member

I think threads like this are rather unconstructive. Aren't there enough actual problems to complain about that we don't need to imagine ones that there's no evidence even exist?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    I think threads like this are rather unconstructive. Aren't there enough actual problems to complain about that we don't need to imagine ones that there's no evidence even exist?
    Nothing wrong with what you think, we are all entitled to say what we feel or think no matter how crazy or unconstructive it may be...carry on...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    Turbine's unwillingness to test things prior to deployment and fix things that are known to be broken before they are deployed is far from an unknown problem. Although there are many individual bugs in the game, they are not the actual problem.

Informing new players that this is the case and reminding Turbine that we haven't forgotten is helpful.

I dont see it being a problem, personally. The way the access to Eveningstar is built, you would only need the dialog box to pop up so you can choose between the quests or the cavern with the Rift in it. The pop up box is dependent on the Spinner quest flag. To me that means at worst when the quest is fixed and the bypass removed, you will simply have to complete the quest to get the pop up again.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AZgreentea View Post
    I dont see it being a problem, personally. The way the access to Eveningstar is built, you would only need the dialog box to pop up so you can choose between the quests or the cavern with the Rift in it. The pop up box is dependent on the Spinner quest flag. To me that means at worst when the quest is fixed and the bypass removed, you will simply have to complete the quest to get the pop up again.
    I really hope that's what will happen, ... but I have my doubts and what spooked me into writting this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    While it's not difficult to figure out, it's a mindless, stupid and eye-bleeding grind. It's not too hard to figure out that is not what this game needs right now. 2-3 million karma ok, there's some pain for your gain. But really, the EPL's are not worth the pain of 6 million XP in off destinies/sphere's.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunan View Post
    my eyes !!! it burns...lol

Community Member
    still fighting the unending armies of shavarath

The only issue I have personally come across since the bypass portal was put into place, is that Elminster no longer seems to send you over to the next guy to start the eveningstar quest chain. After beyond the rift, I talked to Elminster to get my end reward. And then that was it.

Could be an issue for newer players not knowing where to go next over there.

...J
    Thelanis: HoeLee, Rasminder, Cerinah, Arlinah, Shrenn, Rowkhan, Paladonis - Jakburton's Porkchop Express (now hiring)

Sarlona: Aingell of Death, KimberLee, Soullaris the Divine, Bendyr - The Order of Cygnus

Quote Originally Posted by aristarchus1000 View Post
    Hi, welcome, you must be new to the forums. What you describe is a daily occurrence here.

Look at postcount and say that again 10 times fast!!!
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Make a concerted effort to run the 3 MotU chains on EH as quickly as possible in order to get enough favor to get a Key to the City and you'll always be able to go to Eveningstar, even at level 1 on your next TR.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by JamnJD View Post
    The only issue I have personally come across since the bypass portal was put into place, is that Elminster no longer seems to send you over to the next guy to start the eveningstar quest chain. After beyond the rift, I talked to Elminster to get my end reward. And then that was it.

Could be an issue for newer players not knowing where to go next over there.

...J
    I also experienced this problem. But not sure if it has to do with the fact I am only level 16? My first life in Eveningstar I never did any of the quests, I TR'ed right away after hitting 20. I don't own any of the high level packs yet...waiting for a sale.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Make a concerted effort to run the 3 MotU chains on EH as quickly as possible in order to get enough favor to get a Key to the City and you'll always be able to go to Eveningstar, even at level 1 on your next TR.
    Excellent idea !!! I will look into it. Thank you for the suggestion

However I have this nagging voice in the back of my head calling me a tool for doing this knowing Turbine's track record of breaking more things than it fixes with patches
    I did this and ran the MOTU chain all they way and have finished running the raid CitW and got my end reward. Everything worked, except elminster sending me on at the start.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrix View Post
    I did this and ran the MOTU chain all they way and have finished running the raid CitW and got my end reward. Everything worked, except elminster sending me on at the start.
    Yeah i finished the chain yesterday up to but not including CitW yesterday. So all seems to work fine.

My only bad feeling about temporary solutions like this is that they easily turn into permanent solutions.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrix View Post
    Thank you for the feedback, this alleviates some of my concerns.

Can someone explain this "temporary portal" to me? This is the first I heard about it.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast