Results 1 to 14 of 14

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,635

    Default Real Money Auction House prices on different servers

    Pure curiosity here. How much do epic dragon helms and lesser hearts of wood sell for on your server?

    On Thelanis, they start at 30$ real money (400 shards) and go way up from there.

    Also, is your regular auction house now completely void of anything decent? Ours is. Pay house is well stocked though. Have you seen the same thing happen on your server?

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,380

    Default

    On Sarlona it is the same.

    You can't get anything good from the plat AH unless you are extremely lucky with your timing.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

    Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    264

    Default

    I am on Thelanis aswell, so no new specifics here
    However I have noted that trading is going well on the "pay house", which will only help enforceing the process of people posting their EE stuff there - just bought myself a black dragon helm the other day for shards earned by selling other items there.
    ...and yes, it has been a while since I saw anything on the plat AH that was worth buying, except for maybe the odd twink item for leveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Let the nerd rage flow through you. Don't hold back. I bought a lot of popcorn in anticipation for when Turbine decided to finally fix one of the many easy buttons.
    Danish migrant from DDO Europe, where I have been playing since beta.
    Thelanis (since march 2010)

  4. #4
    Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,635

    Default

    I just checked all the servers after remembering that I could do that.

    Prices in the real money auction houses are all oddly high and pretty consistent with the exception of Cannith. The old auction houses are all pretty empty when it comes to higher end items.

    This either means that the entire DDO community has decided to abandon the old auction house and switch to a real money system, and have, across servers, decided that decent items should start at 30$, or it means that the auction houses are being manipulated for profit. Neither option makes me feel particularly good about the state of the game.

  5. #5
    Community Member Thame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    Pure curiosity here. How much do epic dragon helms and lesser hearts of wood sell for on your server?

    On Thelanis, they start at 30$ real money (400 shards) and go way up from there.

    Also, is your regular auction house now completely void of anything decent? Ours is. Pay house is well stocked though. Have you seen the same thing happen on your server?
    No the regular AH has plenty of decent items. Just now Im finding EE items all through the Plat AH. The pay house is poorly stocked actually. No more than 5-6 items per category. Eventually this will change though as Im sure Turbine wants everything to go to the ASAH so they get more money. Soon they will start to manipulate the market.

    Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    On Sarlona it is the same.

    You can't get anything good from the plat AH unless you are extremely lucky with your timing.
    Read the first response/

    Quote Originally Posted by ValenGodspeed View Post
    I am on Thelanis aswell, so no new specifics here
    However I have noted that trading is going well on the "pay house", which will only help enforceing the process of people posting their EE stuff there - just bought myself a black dragon helm the other day for shards earned by selling other items there.
    ...and yes, it has been a while since I saw anything on the plat AH that was worth buying, except for maybe the odd twink item for leveling.
    I don't see how its enforcing ppl to post on the ASAH. Its nearly empty ATM.

    Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    I just checked all the servers after remembering that I could do that.

    Prices in the real money auction houses are all oddly high and pretty consistent with the exception of Cannith. The old auction houses are all pretty empty when it comes to higher end items.

    This either means that the entire DDO community has decided to abandon the old auction house and switch to a real money system, and have, across servers, decided that decent items should start at 30$, or it means that the auction houses are being manipulated for profit. Neither option makes me feel particularly good about the state of the game.
    I believe its the ASAH that's actually dieing. People will not tolerate having to pay additional real money for items they can farm. Only a select few seem to like the ASAH. Everyone I have asked about it which is a considerable amount don't use it and refuse to use it for just that reason. But again Im sure that will change as IMO Turbine will start manipulating the market by eliminating the plat AH or purchasing all good items off the plat AH and posting on the ASAH to force ppl to purchase from it.

    Gotta remember 3% (if that) actually post on the forums and more pple dislike the ASAH compared to liking it.

  6. #6
    Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council
    TrinityTurtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Findlay, OH
    Posts
    3,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thame View Post
    I believe its the ASAH that's actually dieing. People will not tolerate having to pay additional real money for items they can farm. Only a select few seem to like the ASAH. Everyone I have asked about it which is a considerable amount don't use it and refuse to use it for just that reason. But again Im sure that will change as IMO Turbine will start manipulating the market by eliminating the plat AH or purchasing all good items off the plat AH and posting on the ASAH to force ppl to purchase from it.

    Gotta remember 3% (if that) actually post on the forums and more pple dislike the ASAH compared to liking it.
    I do remember that, but I also see what is going on at least on Sarlona. The plat ah has many many less total pages than the asah one. The day it opened, despite the vociferous protests of people on the forums that they would never use it, it shot up to 69 pages in under four hours of items for sale. That was not a trickle of interest, it was a deluge. (Forgive me the Ana pun, I couldn't help it).

    It continues to go strongly today. There is a great deal of interest in it. I think the prices are crazy, but what do I know. I also thought 2 million plat for an sos scroll was crazy, but I still paid it for a gift to my husband since there was no other offers available at the time and a ridiculous amount of evons farming failed to net me a scroll. Which of course fell the next month, so now I have one too. LOL

    Not everyone makes plat easy. I sadly know a bunch of multilife broke tr's that just never managed their plat well, constantly whim buying everything at the ah. I have no idea where their plat goes, but they don't have any. But astral shards ARE easier to get than plat I suppose, just a single click and some cash. Or vips with a lotta built up turbine points(I knew a guy who had like 12 or 13k because he'd been vip forever, constantly tring and grinding more, and never bought ANYTHING). So it's still possible clever players use it without ever paying a real cent.

    It's not a simple issue, and I can't really predict if it will fail or not with confidence, but right now it does not seem likely from my experience just on my server that it will anytime soon. So many people I interact with go on and on about how much they hate it, but then in the next breath they complain about how much tp they had to spend on astral shards, which unless you really like repairing your eq in the dungeon or the daily dice, pretty much means they are using it all the same. I think it's just fashionable to complain about it or something based on this behavior.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

    Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

  7. #7
    Community Member LightBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thame View Post
    No the regular AH has plenty of decent items. Just now Im finding EE items all through the Plat AH. The pay house is poorly stocked actually. No more than 5-6 items per category. Eventually this will change though as Im sure Turbine wants everything to go to the ASAH so they get more money. Soon they will start to manipulate the market.

    ...

    But again Im sure that will change as IMO Turbine will start manipulating the market by eliminating the plat AH or purchasing all good items off the plat AH and posting on the ASAH to force ppl to purchase from it.
    I don't think it's Turbine, probably it are some traders that are doing this.

    The prices they ask on ASAH are way of the chart, most expensive thing I've bought from there is an EE Shadow Mail with Impulse on it.

    One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    I just checked all the servers after remembering that I could do that.

    Prices in the real money auction houses are all oddly high and pretty consistent with the exception of Cannith. The old auction houses are all pretty empty when it comes to higher end items.

    This either means that the entire DDO community has decided to abandon the old auction house and switch to a real money system, and have, across servers, decided that decent items should start at 30$, or it means that the auction houses are being manipulated for profit. Neither option makes me feel particularly good about the state of the game.
    of course the real money ah's are being manipulated. But turbine has decided to turn a blind eye to such shenanigans.

    I never use the shard ah. not going to contribute to the enrichment of others just to play a game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload