Exclamation When will Paid Service be fixed?

I have a question!
    When will paid service be fixed?
    I really need to do a char transfer!

Im a VIP so Im paying to have things working as intended.
    Fix this issue asap its been down to long already!

Community Member

Default The same here

I have been planning to transfer a char as well.

Also, character transfer feels so damn expensive, that it might be that I will never do it. Anyway -> If it is broken, it is sure that I will not do it.

Would be nice to get that back online.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Same.

This thread:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...d-at-this-time

was back in March.

?
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

Community Member

Well I called support on Monday and the guy I talked to didn't know when they would be back and he was waiting too cause he had guys he needed transferred as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Swerock1973 View Post
    I have a question!

As mentioned in a dev thread they were all taken offline due to whatever issues. IMO they will be back but the world transfer will be brought back with a big price increase. I believe they probably lose money doing these transfers.
    Reasons are, if you want to transfer a 5 TR build to another server, you pay 24.99? or whatever price but if you were required to redo that same build from scratch on a new server instead of transfer, you would have to pay more money to the DDO store for tomes, hearts of wood, or whatever else you needed to recreate the toon in a timely manner.
    So while I do expect it to return, again I would expect a HUGE price increase. Will you pay the increase in price to transfer that TR toon or will you grind out the time to make a new one?

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thame View Post
    As mentioned in a dev thread they were all taken offline due to whatever issues. IMO they will be back but the world transfer will be brought back with a big price increase. I believe they probably lose money doing these transfers.
    Reasons are, if you want to transfer a 5 TR build to another server, you pay 24.99? or whatever price but if you were required to redo that same build from scratch on a new server instead of transfer, you would have to pay more money to the DDO store for tomes, hearts of wood, or whatever else you needed to recreate the toon in a timely manner.
    So while I do expect it to return, again I would expect a HUGE price increase. Will you pay the increase in price to transfer that TR toon or will you grind out the time to make a new one?
    $25 or whatever it is now is already a huge price increase. And no I won't be grinding it out again as I don't have the time.

It was back in March. It is now June. I don't follow your logic re them losing money on this. They gain money. They take some bits off one file server and they put those bits on a different file server with time spent making sure they do it carefully. I don't see the issue. It's obv got something to do with their payment systems. And I would have thought by 3 months later that that would have been sorted.
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

I asked the customer service folks about this yesterday, and the answer is that we're still not quite ready to return these services, but they will return. When we're ready to start offering these services again, we'll let folks know about it on the forums here. Thanks!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Default Why even ask the question

You can't get off a guild ship without asking you where you want to go. The list of bugs is huge yet there is no interest in fixing anything. Why would character xfer be any different?

Quote Originally Posted by Swerock1973 View Post
    I have a question!

RTFM on Khyber, Toy Soldiers.

Toy Soldiers PD Roll Builds Guild on Wayfinder.

Community Member

Agreed. Needs to be fixed ASAP, my server is dead.

Community Member

Also it cannot cost them more to do a transfer than it is worth. It cannot cost them anything at all, they are only moving around data. "They" are already doing paid service work. Unless they have stopped employing the people who do the paid services entirely that is.

Come on, EVERY mmo has paid server transfers.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RandImpson View Post
    Also it cannot cost them more to do a transfer than it is worth. It cannot cost them anything at all, they are only moving around data. "They" are already doing paid service work. Unless they have stopped employing the people who do the paid services entirely that is.

Come on, EVERY mmo has paid server transfers.
    Some of them even have free transfers but i would just like an ETA on when they will be back. Cause if it's gonna be another 2 or 3 months I'd just rebuild on the same server but if it is only gonna be a week or two I'll wait patiently.
    Last edited by Sinbreed; 06-28-2013 at 03:02 PM.

Community Member

Is there still no update on this? I have a character I'd like to transfer and would also at least like an ETA on when that will be possible.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

It's been > 4 months now.

I note that guild renaming is back but not character undeletion or server transfer. Is there some technical issue?
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...cter-Transfers

Hmmmm.

So... still no.

Also it's not clear in there but undeletions are on hold again apparently. Well so my friend was told.
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

Customer Service Representative Carpe_Noctem's Avatar

Undeletes are not on hold again. However, to prevent abuse there are some limitations put in place on how many characters can be deleted within a certain amount of time.
    DDO Support Page & Knowledge Base
    To request support from a Customer Service Agent, simply click on "Submit a Ticket"
    English Account/Store Support is available from 12:00 pm to 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday (GMT -5). 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Contact us on Twitter @DDOSupport