Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Back in the days of the old AC system, I put a lot of effort into finding armors that I thought looked just right for a toon. I'd even buy them on the AH just to see how they looked, then put them back up for auction when they weren't right. When the new crafting system came out I had dreams of re-crafting the same armor over and over as I moved up levels, just to keep the right look.

Then along came the new armor system and armors became obsolete every four levels or so. So much for that...

Just to make things worse, some of the new armors are just hopelessly silly. Spikes I was okay with as they were a part of the look of official 3/3.5 D&D, but the rage in plate mail right now is inanely huge shoulder pauldrons (or whatever they're called) that would both get in the way and block the wearer's view without doing a thing to protect him/her.

All of which is my way of saying, yeah! The ability to make a cosmetic out of any suit of armor you want would be a huge improvement. Nothing gets me to waste my precious Turbine Points on all this decorative cosmetic trash -- but that... that would finally do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironclans_evil_twin View Post
    that's not what he asked for at all, he asked for a way to take the look of one already existing armor and turn it into a cosmetic armor, via a store bought item.

A request that might be the single most requested cosmetic store item in the games history

Exactly. Imagine being able to keep the look of you favorite in-game armor for the life of your character. No more being limited to what the store has available, but whatever look fits your concept for your character. As long as that look is in the game, you would be able to wear it for as long as you like and be effective.

What I have always wanted to see in a game is a 'two slot' system for all viewable equipment. Two slots for each armor piece that is visible, two slots for each weapon, two slots for a shield, etc. One slot is for stats, the other for appearance. It could work similarly to the augment system now. Buy a longsword 'blank' that has two slots. Loot an awesome 'appearance shard' and slot it. Throw in a crafted 2(1d6) flaming 'stats shard' and you have a 2-12 fire damage longsword. Same with armor or shields. Any current items stats could be available on a 'stats shard', and you wouldn't be stuck with an item that doesn't fit the life of your toon. The variety that would be available in this type of system would be staggering.
    Last edited by Torvaldsberg; 06-07-2013 at 12:07 PM. Reason: spelling
    ....For Within the Circle of His Sword, There Is Each Man a King....

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Torvaldsberg View Post
    What I would like to see is a 'Glamer Stone', store-bought, dropped, or daily dice reward. The stone would allow you to permanently change any in-game armor into a glamered version. Some of the current glamered armors are nice, but it would also be very interesting to have the option to use the look of some of the in-game armors. Ideally, this concept could eventually be extended to weapons and shields.
    I don't know if I like the idea of taking the look of named items since it might be a bit misleading, but I really want to be able to transfer the look of random gen items or at least have the option of grabbing those kits from the store. For example, I would gladly replace the look of any existing robes with these cleanly designed lootgen robes;

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'd love to have either more glamered versions of armour kits, or a glamered armour "blank" to plug lootgen/named stuff in. I'll even pay!

I mean, that's the reason I've been keeping this around:

Quote Originally Posted by Karen (Pokémon G/S/C)
    Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites.

Community Member OverlordOfRats's Avatar

Any word on when we might see some more?

And Monster Manuals also.

Soon?
    SoonTM?
    Sometime before the universe ends?

Brand / Commerce Team QuartermasterX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Torvaldsberg View Post
    What I would like to see is a 'Glamer Stone', store-bought, dropped, or daily dice reward. The stone would allow you to permanently change any in-game armor into a glamered version.
    Great idea... we have been looking into doing something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by OverlordOfRats View Post
    Any word on when we might see some more?

Soon?
    SoonTM?
    Sometime before the universe ends?
    Some new cosmetic armors are coming out very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    It has been suggested many times before.
    Less expensive, more variety ( doesn't even have to be completely different style, different colour schemes, minor details options would make a difference ).
    No more huge/different pauldrons
    Shahang Nezhat Bellezza Wipekin Farida of Ghallanda

Do we get previews of them? like screenshots? that would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post
    No more huge/different pauldrons
    This. Seriously!

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post
    It has been suggested many times before.
    Re-read his post...it's written in past tense as in they have seen these suggestions and someone at corporate finally added it to the list of "Things you can mention on the forums" so he responded to this to let us know that the highly popular request is a WIP.

Now if only we could get an upgrade to visual customization during character creation...even something as Simple as a Height (use PnP racial heights to determine extremes) and a Bulk/Build slider would create alot of variety...I don't expect Skyrim level of sliders but the more the better. I'm sure alot of people would love a shorter less bulky WF for their Rogues, Wizards, etc. or a more bulky slightly taller halfling barbarian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandyb View Post
    Do we get previews of them? like screenshots? that would be nice
    I imagine they're probably just putting out some of the old armor kits that didn't get translated into glamer the first time around. Which I'm still glad to see, mind you!

Oh, and Quartermaster? Big ol' high five to you and whoever else decided to finally go forward with the "glamer stone" idea (or however you plan on implementing it). I know a lot of people that will be very happy with this
    Last edited by dejafu; 07-23-2013 at 12:45 PM.
    Raever of Madness * Stormraver * Fireraver * Dreamraver * Skyraver * Solraver * Technoraver * Raverlution * Foraver
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Turning Ghostbane into a meme is, in my book, the best thing to happen to DDO in awhile.

Community Member OverlordOfRats's Avatar

Yeah! Thank you.

Heh...maybe I should have copyrighted "glamer stone". I will give it to them for free if they will get me an eye-patch for my human toon.

Stone/Mirror...either way, I am happy with the way update 23 addressed this issue.

Still waiting for an eye-patch tho

Now if only we could get an upgrade to visual customization during character creation...even something as Simple as a Height (use PnP racial heights to determine extremes) and a Bulk/Build slider would create alot of variety...I don't expect Skyrim level of sliders but the more the better. I'm sure alot of people would love a shorter less bulky WF for their Rogues, Wizards, etc. or a more bulky slightly taller halfling barbarian.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. better looking armor would be better. some of them like the pirate costume is too simple for the TP needed. I don´t say to have very glamourous armor, but please, work a little bit more the appearence.

Or just the inclusion of ccolor dyes for armor could even make the characters more customizable.
    A dirge for the dead girl that she died so young...http://thewitchinthewoods.enjin.com/home..a DDo Fansite.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12