Community Member

Default Mystical Urn: where?

I don't like Necropolis quests and generally avoid them. Anyway, I need some mystical urns for GFL shards. What would be the easiest quest to farm? Preferably something short and straightforward. Oh wait, this is Necropolis.

FYI: Mystical Urns come from Necro 3 and Necro 4.

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

Best bet would likely be http://ddowiki.com/page/Desecrated_Temple_of_Vol just zerg it on casual for completions. The http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Locus_of_Vol drops here too (though will likely need harder diff levels) which is needed for making Vampirism (the 1d3 version not 1hp lesser version) shards so it'd doubly useful for farming crafting materials.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

I would think tomb of the blighted would be the fastest/easiest source of urns, especially if solo farming.

Community Member

I do recall Tomb of the Blighted, a bit. I have no memory of the Desecrated Temple of Vol, though I might have piked my way through once. I'll check those out, thanks for the tips.

Depends on which character you are using to farming. Vol is quick and easy if you are on a caster with lingering AoE spells (Wall of Fire, Blade Barrier). Ghost was easy and fast if you have a ranged characters (in ideal conditions, you can defeat each beholder phase before even landing), but I heard they shortened the leash on the brothers, and it might be difficult to kill both of them alone. On something with wings, you can also farm Fleshmaker very quickly.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    Depends on which character you are using to farming. Vol is quick and easy if you are on a caster with lingering AoE spells (Wall of Fire, Blade Barrier). Ghost was easy and fast if you have a ranged characters (in ideal conditions, you can defeat each beholder phase before even landing), but I heard they shortened the leash on the brothers, and it might be difficult to kill both of them alone. On something with wings, you can also farm Fleshmaker very quickly.
    Blighted is faster than any necro4 quest for urn farming due to urns only dropping in end reward lists. Meaning you simply cannot window-farm urns, but instead must turn in the quest after every run.

The additional time wasted going back to turn in the quest and then running all the way out through the orchard again (assuming you want more than one) means that necro3 is the fastest way to go. And blighted is the fastest/easiest necro3 quest.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Blighted is faster than any necro4 quest for urn farming due to urns only dropping in end reward lists. Meaning you simply cannot window-farm urns, but instead must turn in the quest after every run.

The additional time wasted going back to turn in the quest and then running all the way out through the orchard again (assuming you want more than one) means that necro3 is the fastest way to go. And blighted is the fastest/easiest necro3 quest.
    On the other hand, Necro 4 can award tome pages, shield pieces, and sigil pieces (that might be useful if you want to TR after the farming)
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Community Member

Did Tomb of the Blighted twice this morning, on normal, got 2 urns. First run was slow and careful, second one was pretty quick. Rather painless on a level 18 FVS. I can recommend this quest for farming urns, even if you hate Necropolis like me.

Tomb of the Blighted has a secondary farming use: Strong Ooze Soul Gems. The blighted ooze give strong gems on elite if you don't split them first. Easiest strong ooze farming in the game, I believe.