Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Quote Originally Posted by ulgabi View Post
    8 months. The new whole year. Coming to your calendar all over the world, nerfed by turbine devs themselves.
    Yea, thought it was 06.02, thats february for me, not june.

I'm pretty sure this bug occurred sometime after motu, so i don't think it is related to the reworking of poison specifically, but something else that happened later.

The damage may be untyped, but some part of it is still flagged as poison because my warforged are still completely immune to all physical damage from poison traps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    And its a bug, not wai.
    Yes. Untyped damage from poison traps is indeed a bug. Damage from poison traps consisting of hit point and/or stat damage being designated as poison is not a bug.

Meaning, once it's fixed, the damage is still there. The damage type itself will change.
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

Quote Originally Posted by taurean430 View Post
    Yes. Untyped damage from poison traps is indeed a bug. Damage from poison traps consisting of hit point and/or stat damage being designated as poison is not a bug.

Meaning, once it's fixed, the damage is still there. The damage type itself will change.
    Change to what, poison?
    So if I drink neutralize poison pot it wont hurt me?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Yea, thought it was 06.02, thats february for me, not june.
    Yeah, we write it backwards in the States.

there are no bugs in DDO only features.

Community Member

I remember Proof against Poison items at one point (after Update 14?) actually mitigated the hp damage poison traps caused in addition to saving throw bonuses. It was very small since items only went up to 10, but that aspect seems to have been removed from the item's description. Do they still reduce damage now, or has that ability been removed completely?

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    including a form of poison damage that can cause damage to those with poison mitigation (warforged, for instance.)
    No.

No no No NO NO!!!

Warforged, and anyone with a proof against poison (and disease) item, SHOULD BE IMMUNE TO POISON AND DISEASE!

The fact that these immunities were changed goes against D&D, and should be reverted back to true immunities.

Player immunities are not something that Devs should be afraid of, it is something that they need to use creativity to handle. Take the poison traps in Delera for instance - it used to be that a Proof against Poison item prevented the stat damage, and there was no secondary effect. What should have happened here is that maybe on hard or elite, as well as the poison (which should only do stat damage NOT HP DAMAGE) there should have been a second trap immediately above it that did some sort of elemental damage. Heck, make it a force trap if you didn't want it to be resisted. But... PROOF AGAINST POISON is just that - PROOF - this means immune, which means NO EFFECT!

Proof:

adjective
    able to withstand; successful in not being overcome: proof against temptation.
    impenetrable, impervious, or invulnerable: proof against outside temperature changes.

Please devs, RESTORE OUR PROPER IMMUNITIES!
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910