Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    traps are bugged
    Ok guys let's thank again Ivan for opening up this thread and make the whole community aware of this balance-breaking bug. It is definetely a bug, everyone agrees about that.

Only developers don't seem to have an opinion about that.

I believe, in my humbleness, that the whole community would be happy to have an official reply about this.

Of any type.
    Last edited by Phemt81; 07-03-2013 at 07:46 PM.
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

Quote Originally Posted by Phemt81 View Post
    Ok guys let's thank again Ivan for opening up this thread and make the whole community aware of this balance-breaking bug. It is definetely a bug, everyone agrees about that.

Only developers don't seem to have an opinion about that.

I believe, in my humbleness, that the whole community would be happy to have an official reply about this.

Of any type.
    Probably would be along the lines of "screw you all, eat the poison damage, we don't care".

Either that, or I'm a bit bitter and being half-drunk is exposing that bitterness from the game I love continuously being run into the ground by bad decisions and bad bugs.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    Probably would be along the lines of "screw you all, eat the poison damage, we don't care".

Either that, or I'm a bit bitter and being half-drunk is exposing that bitterness from the game I love continuously being run into the ground by bad decisions and bad bugs.
    Can't deny you made me L O L
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.

Players cant buy turbine points from ddo store, fixed in 30 min.
    Players cant do baudry chain, broken for half a year.
    Poison traps bugged, devs going blind.

And ofc mobs are not hurt by the poison trap dmg, just the stat dmg.

Is it fixed? Did devs talk about this anywhere?

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

One: across the board changes are stupid.
    You want to change a dungeon... change one dungeon at a time... and playtest it.. and make sure the change doesn't mess things up.

(Like level 2 and 3 quests with poison traps that are practically unavoidable.. some not disabable.. some you have to stand in to disable....)

Two: Proof Against Poison, DRuid.. Monk feats.... WF (maybe? Still?) are suppose to mak eyou immune to "natural " poisons.

You know... stuff like Arsenic and Spider Venom... oh.. that would be what those low level traps are using... (check you DM notes... )

Then there is Neutralise Posion spell.. gives a short time buff of immunity to poisons.

Oh... wait... for some reason that doesn't work against traps........

(works great against Green Dragon Breath though......)

So.. is this WAI?

I have no idea.

But it's broke IMO.

Please fix it.

Want to have poison traps do HP damage... fine...

Go look at each dungeon... and adjust accordingly...

But Proof Against Poison... and those Druid and Monk feats (being WF too...)

Should mean something...!!!!!!

And Neutralise Poison should work!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

in 2 attempts of Red Fang, as a level 6 dwarf monk I was killed in 2 shots before I could realize what happened. I didn't go back and wont go back as long as the poison traps kill you that fast and that easily without enough time to actually react to it. the second time I must have been hit by the spray because I was dead getting ready to time the trap and run by. I didn't think I was that close.

on elite, I think traps should be insta killers if they are like swirling blades or spikes if you fail your evade, but not poison traps. give X amount of time to recover from your body getting poisoned or you could die if you fail a save. if its an acid type of poison, than let it tick for X seconds. if we are going to have different types of poison than we need to be able to differentiate them on sight like yellow for natural and lime for the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Phemt81 View Post
    Is it fixed? Did devs talk about this anywhere?
    No, nothing, it just confirms that it is a bug.
    Easier to ignore it than fix.

This thread was opened more than a month ago.

It would seem that Turbine is slipping back into their old, comfortable habit of not addressing players' concerns. That makes me sad. I thought that they were actually getting somewhere with their communication recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Cauthey_No_CCInfo View Post

It would seem that Turbine is slipping back into their old, comfortable habit of not addressing players' concerns. That makes me sad. I thought that they were actually getting somewhere with their communication recently.
    Come now, that was only a temporary mishap!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Insulting the development team is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

Community Member

Maybe it's in the wrong section?
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Maybe devs are not reading general?

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Maybe it's in the wrong section?
    Lol!!

It's really insulting that Turbine refuses to give us any word or information on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Maybe devs are not reading general?
    I think threads like this one get conveniently tucked into a "Not My Problem Field." More potent than an regular Invisibility Field that can be defeated with standard anti-invisibility technology. The thread is still there, however peoples' brains immediately ignore it because it's not their problem.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

I think threads like this one get conveniently tucked into a "Not My Problem Field." More potent than an regular Invisibility Field that can be defeated with standard anti-invisibility technology. The thread is still there, however peoples' brains immediately ignore it because it's not their problem.
    The proper name is Somebody Else's Problem Field Yay for Hitchhiker's
    It's definitely an N-word.

This whole issue bothers me. It mostly could have been avoided by simply using the release notes for their intended purpose and detailing that poison traps were changed. Whether they should have been changed or not is also a valid concern, but Turbine not noting it, then remaining silent for over a month about it is perplexing. Is there not a single forum-able employee at Turbine that knows anything about this change?

Poison traps don't just spontaneously start dealing damage as well as stat damage without someone tinkering with something in the code. Somebody somewhere at Turbine coded this and apparently nobody else except this one coder knew anything about it, even a month after this post went up. I really don't think that one rogue dev should have so much power that they can change mechanics such as this without any other input from other members of the team and sneak it into an update without any other devs knowing anything about it to the point that it evades release notes. Is there some sort of hacker mole working at Turbine on the inside making these sort of changes? I just don't get how something like this not only is unknown to most people over at Turbine, but at the same time is completely ignored on the forums. It takes all of about 2 minutes to post "WAI" or even the ambiguous "read by a dev" comment. If it's a bug (which we have to assume it is as it's never been mentioned in release notes) then just come out and say it. Silence and lack of communication on such a simple to answer issue is infuriating.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

This code is old, you change something and you can screw something else, like when it happened with baudry chain, still not fixed, so this is probably a bug and they dont know how to fix it or dont want to.

Community Member

Right. It could be something as simple as someone adjusting a constant for a desired change without knowing that said constant was also used by some part of the poison trap code.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

I'd like to point out that wf are immune to the poison traps damage component, and nothing else seems to be from my experience though I haven't had a chance to check a pm. To me with the poison changes in u14 this would indicate it's a bug, but it's just sad a dev can't comment. Maybe we should start insulting each other so that they have to at least moderate the thread and read it.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast