Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

I personally feel that many Elite quests aren't too incredibly hard; knowing that there are some very deadly traps makes those quests more fun for me. If a trap didn't have the potential to one shot me, I'd probably ignore them.

On lower difficulty settings, I believe you can just run through traps to your heart's content. With all the content, you can also just choose to skip the quests that irk you.

For example, I'll never, ever run Spies in the House, ever, ever again (buggy air jets!). :P

Quote Originally Posted by Phemt81 View Post
    Yes, this change SUCKS
    Only 180 in a level 7 quest? Choose more toughness feats... it's still playable...
    Yeah, logical.

200 hp damage in a level 5 quest. Logical.

Have you ever played DDO or just using the forum?
    See no offense but this really is funny. you tell people to suck it up, but yet traps suck. lol ugh this is funny. i love when people backtrack in a thread. you know before poison did damage people hid behind the lever. i know its a shock to use that tactic but it still works now.

i love the poison changes bug or not. it makes me think twice then just running through a trap. their meant to hurt and kill you. quests need to be challenging not steamrolled through. if you think that it's not fun go play hello kitty or something.

i think ALL traps need to be reworked and made more deadly. either have timing or evasion to help get through so it can be disarmed.

Quote Originally Posted by arkonas View Post
    you tell people to suck it up
    I'm terrible sorry Sir, but I was sarcastic about the toughness feats thing you just quoted.
    My apologies if that was not crystal clear comparing that line to all previous comments i provided in this thread...

if you think that it's not fun go play hello kitty or something.
    What is hello kitty? Did you have a good experience with that one?
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreppo View Post
    I came into the thread to make a simple point and I made it.
    Well, you made some kind of point. It wasnt' a good one or a well-considered one.
    if you think that it's not fun go play hello kitty or something.
    This wasnt' clever the first time you said it. I can tell you, repeating it isn't going to make it any more clever.

The simple fact is, it's a **** change, just like the change to poison weapons. Why? Because I'm not playing a game based on AD&D. I'm playing a game based on D&D 3rd Edition. It's another useless change added because the current crop of developers cannot design within the rules, so they take the lazy way out and change the rules.

Bad house rules are bad. Defenders of bad house rules are simply wrong-headed.

Whether this is WAI or not, the insane damage should be reduced slightly or at least offer some sort of resistance to it (even something similar to a 30 resistance bonus like the elemental damage resistance).

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    I get it, calling guys 'girls' is supposed to be insulting. Misogyny for the win!

Seriously dude, you guys are still whining about elite GH damage and Running w/ the Devils? Just put your big boy pants on and figure out a way to deal with it like the rest of us have. It isn't that hard. Sure the new poison damage basically turned poison traps into acid traps, but until it gets fixed or changed buckle up buttercup and deal with it. You can always run it on a lower difficulty level you can actually handle.

Or take your own advice and stop spending any money on this game and do something else? Quit threatening to do it, and just DO IT if you are so miserable playing this game. It's not rocket appliances.
    Now that is REALLY a D-Bag comment to make. If people don't mention things nothing will ever get done about it. I'd love to see what you have to say one day when one of your "elitist" little uber toons is nerfed by changes in this game.

Why did you even bother to comment on this thread if you had nothing constructive to say about it?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
    This wasnt' clever the first time you said it. I can tell you, repeating it isn't going to make it any more clever.
    I am sure hello kitty is an awesome game, it 's getting so much advertisement in this forum recently...
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LilyOphelia View Post
    I personally feel that many Elite quests aren't too incredibly hard; knowing that there are some very deadly traps makes those quests more fun for me. If a trap didn't have the potential to one shot me, I'd probably ignore them.

On lower difficulty settings, I believe you can just run through traps to your heart's content. With all the content, you can also just choose to skip the quests that irk you.

For example, I'll never, ever run Spies in the House, ever, ever again (buggy air jets!). :P
    omg, really? I just <3 Spies in the House. It's a very rogue-friendly quest.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    omg, really? I just <3 Spies in the House. It's a very rogue-friendly quest.
    And what another rogue thinks about the new poison traps?

Should they be reverted to the old type, tuned down, or be kept as they are?

Hope the questions make sense for you, not english native speaker

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pehtis View Post
    Yep got the same shock when I rolled a new Druid toon yesterday and ran Red Fang (ELITE of course). Believe it or not I just happened to have a poison pot that gives immunity which I consumed as I did not have poison item. Next thing BAM I'm dead.

Spent the next minute reading the pot description over and over again trying to work out how I died. Then read the combat log and yep poison now hts you for physical damage as well. Sure in RL some poisons do in truth burn your skin as well but still a shock to see it in game. I love it!

I think its overpowered as there is no protection to the physical damage on ELITE (can only imagine EPIC) settings. Recommend they tweak the pots (just like the element pots) to also provide HP resistance. Heck why not just give us a Divine spell (or Ranger/Druid specific) to minimise some of the HP effects is all.

Alternatively rogues are now useful again which is not a bad thing.

Chemical warfare! Bring it on I say.
    Um....yeah. Same thing happened to me. I recently returned from a long hiatus from the game. Levelling up my new critter, a druid. Went to run Redfang on Elite. Got to the room with all the poison jets. Fortunately, I was smart enough to bring a proof against poison item. That oughtta fix those jets, right? I mean it always did before.

WRONG!!!

Couple shots from those jets and BAM! death.

Question is, how the **** is one supposed to complete that quest when theres a whole frickin ROOM full of poison traps, and the item that's supposed to give you immunity to them...well....doesn't.

Even if youre a rogue, you HAVE to get hit a couple of times by those jets before you can even get to the boxes to disable them. So....this quest is what, impossible to complete on Elite now? Unless youre a lvl 25 Dwarf Barb with like a majillion HP and a +20 save vs. poison?

Community Member

And what another rogue thinks about the new poison traps?

Should they be reverted to the old type, tuned down, or be kept as they are?

Hope the questions make sense for you, not english native speaker
    I think traps with control boxes should bite, maybe even kill.
    I think traps without control boxes should have a safe yet challenging way around or through them (secret door, climbing, jumping, timing).
    I think traps that don't have either should still sting, but not kill. Just something to make the party rest and heal.

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by hobbygoblin View Post
    Um....yeah. Same thing happened to me. I recently returned from a long hiatus from the game. Levelling up my new critter, a druid. Went to run Redfang on Elite. Got to the room with all the poison jets. Fortunately, I was smart enough to bring a proof against poison item. That oughtta fix those jets, right? I mean it always did before.

WRONG!!!

Couple shots from those jets and BAM! death.

Question is, how the **** is one supposed to complete that quest when theres a whole frickin ROOM full of poison traps, and the item that's supposed to give you immunity to them...well....doesn't.

Even if youre a rogue, you HAVE to get hit a couple of times by those jets before you can even get to the boxes to disable them. So....this quest is what, impossible to complete on Elite now? Unless youre a lvl 25 Dwarf Barb with like a majillion HP and a +20 save vs. poison?
    Ooh. Nice hyperbole.

But seriously:
    Every control box but one is accessible before the trap it controls, and that one can be accessed without getting hit.

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

With all that being said, I have to agree that the poison trap damage seems to be bugged. Wrong damage type and too much for level. This is not a case of blithely running through a trap without respect for its danger; players die even after taking precautions against the damage it is supposed to cause.

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

Ooh. Nice hyperbole.
    Thanks, all the girls seem to think I have a nice hyperbole.

But seriously:
    Every control box but one is accessible before the trap it controls, and that one can be accessed without getting hit.
    Cool. And that helps a soloing lvl 5 Druid how, exactly?

With all that being said, I have to agree that the poison trap damage seems to be bugged. Wrong damage type and too much for level. This is not a case of blithely running through a trap without respect for its danger; players die even after taking precautions against the damage it is supposed to cause.
    That was kinda my point exactly.
    Last edited by hobbygoblin; 06-29-2013 at 12:53 AM.

Community Member

So I finally make it through Redfang on Elite. By hitting myself with a Neutralize Poison spell, right at the beginning of the room with all the poison traps (while still wearing the Proof against Poison item). I was at full HP. By the time i got around the room to the lever (which took all of 3 seconds, yes, my spell was still active), I had 11 HP left. Now....let's examine the spell description of Nuetralize Poison:

"Detoxifies any sort of venom in an ally, causing him to suffer no additional effects from the Poison. Additionally, it immunizes the ally from any Poison he is exposed to during the duration of the spell."

Wait...what was that second part again?

"Additionally, it immunizes the ally from any Poison he is exposed to during the duration of the spell."

.....Aaaaaaaand just one more time for clarity's sake:

Additionally, it immunizes the ally from any Poison he is exposed to during the duration of the spell."

But....um...no, it doesn't. Wouldn't ya figure that "any poison" includes the poison in that quest??? But...for some oddball Turbine reason......no, it doesn't.

This is a dumb change. If you want a damaging trap we have plenty of elements and spikey things. Poison should remain stat damage only, no need to turn it into another generic element.
    It feels like the game is becoming less dynamic by getting rid of systems like poison for no reason.

Community Member

Cool. And that helps a soloing lvl 5 Druid how, exactly?

In all fairness, DDO is not a FPS. When players run solo, they accept the challenges of maybe not having all the tools they need to survive, much less complete, the quest. This is a choice we make when any of us shortman a quest, and solo is the ultimate shortman. lol

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

Know what happens when poison gets squirted on my breastplate? It dribbles off harmlessly. That is why it isn't one of the 5 energy types in 3E. Making it a damage type is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
    Well, you made some kind of point. It wasnt' a good one or a well-considered one.

The simple fact is, it's a **** change, just like the change to poison weapons. Why? Because I'm not playing a game based on AD&D. I'm playing a game based on D&D 3rd Edition. It's another useless change added because the current crop of developers cannot design within the rules, so they take the lazy way out and change the rules.

Bad house rules are bad. Defenders of bad house rules are simply wrong-headed.
    I'm glad you remember everything i say or look at past comments. Good for you. :P I say it because a lot of people know what it is. if i say some random game no one has heard of it wouldnt really do anything. You can complain all you want how you wish certain things were wai or whatever. Sometimes changes are needed to keep the game going. I've ran all the way up to 20 with the poison traps on a 12th life tr. not one time did i die to them. not in deleras not in sunken sewers, fleshmakers, Relic of soverign past, and even Haywire. i've never died to poison traps in any of them since this change. i actually stop time it and move on. its not hard to treat it like any other trap.

My point is i want traps that will kill me. if you want wuss traps that don't do anything to you i will refer you to the game i already said before. traps are meant to kill, maim, or slow you down. just because you can't learn to dodge and rush ahead. don't blame others who are having no issue getting around them, timing them, or disabling them if there is a box.

so i will say again i want the changes to stay and not be traps i can ignore. dont like it do normal or something.
    Last edited by arkonas; 06-30-2013 at 11:17 AM.

Additionally, it immunizes the ally from any Poison he is exposed to during the duration of the spell."

But....um...no, it doesn't. Wouldn't ya figure that "any poison" includes the poison in that quest??? But...for some oddball Turbine reason......no, it doesn't.
    Obvious bug is obvious. Thanks for testing the madness and inconsistence it generated.

so i will say again i want the changes to stay and not be traps i can ignore. dont like it do normal or something.
    No, we are not running normal to avoid a bug. It just happened in Running with the Devils, it was obviously broken, and has been fixed. Plain and simple.

It's you who need to play some buggy kitty game if you prefer to keep broken content.

So we should do normal because the poison traps are bugged?
    Were you also writing this when spells and trap dmg were way over the top?
    Doing 130 trap dmg in lvl 2 quest on elite was fine for you?
    I bet you want the ladder bug to stay too, its a challenge to climb ladders sometimes.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast