Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Poison traps turbine?

Is it wai that they are not doing stat dmg anymore and are doing hp dmg?
    For example in Relic they hit for 200.

Community Member

Yeah they sting now! One thing they made harder while they made 100 things easier. I love it, it means you can't just ignore them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    They don't do both HP and stat damage? Awww, that would have been a awesome combo with poison!

Now if only we can change the poison spell for clerics so it does some form of HP damage in addition to CON damage...
    Here's a riddle for you: What do you call people who play the game for only a day and apparently know everything?

I was surprised at this when half the party died while doing Chamber of Insanity. We popped the switch and BOOM, half the party was at -100 hp. This later happened in elite Fleshmakers in Necro4. We run through the poison trap, expecting just the usual poison, and two people die.

The damage needs to be lowered, for sure. It's U14 all over again.

Yes, that change SUCKS so much. I don't know who decide to change traps in level 5 quests designed like 6 years ago, and properly, cause they were made considering difficulty BALANCE for level FIVE-SEVEN (elite) toons and let you suffer TWO HUNDREDS damage from a trap that for about SIX YEARS requested just a saving throw.

These are the things that make me feel an idiot to even consider the chance to spend 1 euro on this game.

Sorry for the "rant" but i really think this change is insane from any perspective, ANY.
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

Default Chemical warfare! Bring it on.

Yep got the same shock when I rolled a new Druid toon yesterday and ran Red Fang (ELITE of course). Believe it or not I just happened to have a poison pot that gives immunity which I consumed as I did not have poison item. Next thing BAM I'm dead.

Spent the next minute reading the pot description over and over again trying to work out how I died. Then read the combat log and yep poison now hts you for physical damage as well. Sure in RL some poisons do in truth burn your skin as well but still a shock to see it in game. I love it!

I think its overpowered as there is no protection to the physical damage on ELITE (can only imagine EPIC) settings. Recommend they tweak the pots (just like the element pots) to also provide HP resistance. Heck why not just give us a Divine spell (or Ranger/Druid specific) to minimise some of the HP effects is all.

Alternatively rogues are now useful again which is not a bad thing.

Chemical warfare! Bring it on I say.
    Many of life's lessons are taught through games. So GAME ON!
    Ghallanda Server - Guild: Legends of Ancient Greece
    Characters: Kleftis, Archpapas, Polemistis, Elveis, Axesizis, Eurostos, Mihanodigos, Agiosmihanos, Trayoudis, Idikos ... so many more

I don't think it's working as intended. They do still do stat damage too, as far as i can tell. The combination of the 2 makes them the most dangerous traps in the game.

Obvious bug is obvious, and yet people still defend it.

Only question is, will it ever get fixed? Considering GH enemies on Heroic Elite are still disintegrating for 500+ damage last I checked (a bug from u14)...probably not.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

why everyone is whinning about poison traps... because u cannot ignore them anymore? u liked it better before, when u could just run through? yeah, that was a hell of a trap! at least now, u get to respect trappers more and not zerg through. this will learn the noobies to wait for the trappers also, or they gona have bad time. also, if u try to run through, noobies will follow for sure, causing you to lose your precious 10%

Drinking a poison pot after runnin through a poison trap, is not considered a trap imo.
    Proud officer of The Balance, in Khyber
    Robopew / Kormah / Sokin / Dhona / Thendrik / Tightpants / Altab / Screamforme / Oohshift / Evermissing
    My trade list: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-My-Trade-List

Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    Obvious bug is obvious, and yet people still defend it.
    You really surprised? Fangirls here are able to shamelessly defend Bugging with the devils...

Oh and, dear devs, when you realized elemental traps were OP you just created airship buffs, a nice way to balance them while making some money.

Question is; are you ready to DESTROY shipbuffs trying to create a resistance shrine to balance out this new *absolutely needed change* ?
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.

Community Member

what are you complaining about? This change was clearly identified in the release notes.

Oh wait.........................

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default some quests, there are NO traps boxes to turn them off

Quote Originally Posted by nikos1313 View Post
    why everyone is whinning about poison traps... because u cannot ignore them anymore? u liked it better before, when u could just run through? yeah, that was a hell of a trap! at least now, u get to respect trappers more and not zerg through. this will learn the noobies to wait for the trappers also, or they gona have bad time. also, if u try to run through, noobies will follow for sure, causing you to lose your precious 10%

Drinking a poison pot after runnin through a poison trap, is not considered a trap imo.
    Some quests have poison traps that cannot be disarmed because there is no trap box.

The trap does damage. Then you might be poisoned, then you get to save versus the poison for stat damage.

Turbine nerfed Poison pots and Neutralize Poison Items a few releases ago, now they buffed up poison to annoy us. Luckily, that ladder bag is still around so I know Turbine will continue to work on all the stuff for the benefit of their paying customer base.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ddodoesitagain View Post
    what are you complaining about? This change was clearly identified in the release notes.
    I am so stupid! That is the final proof that this (madness) is WAI.

Find me where it says in release notes they changed poison traps?
    Im a trapper for the past 3 lifes, I dont mind them like this but I would like some word from turbine or some sort of notice.
    This feels like Im playing test server when I have to find out on my own about new things in game.

ok i do thing the traps should stay because you need to fear them not run through them. What is a point of a trap if it doesnt kill/hurt you? complain about it all you want. if you want easy go play hello kitty or something. Now damage should be reduced only a little but not enough you ignore it like every other trap.

Community Member

I don't mind traps being dangerous. I like playing rogues of various types, and it is nice to be less marginalized.

However, I ran Cabal for One the other day, and the big mess of traps. Seems like there used to be a place where you could stand if you could do the jump and evade just right, but now none of the members of the group I was in could find one. We ended up having to do the die and get rezzed on the other side of the trap routine, which sucks.

My toon was able to disable any trap except for that one. We even had a guy who could evade the super-trap with the vertical and horizontal blades. So I think this one case is taken a little bit too far. At least allow us the chance to disable.

Quote Originally Posted by arkonas View Post
    ok i do thing the traps should stay because you need to fear them not run through them. What is a point of a trap if it doesnt kill/hurt you? complain about it all you want. if you want easy go play hello kitty or something. Now damage should be reduced only a little but not enough you ignore it like every other trap.
    What a fine thin line of sarcasm you used here.

You almost cheated even me...

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    Some quests have poison traps that cannot be disarmed because there is no trap box.

The trap does damage. Then you might be poisoned, then you get to save versus the poison for stat damage.

Turbine nerfed Poison pots and Neutralize Poison Items a few releases ago, now they buffed up poison to annoy us. Luckily, that ladder bag is still around so I know Turbine will continue to work on all the stuff for the benefit of their paying customer base.
    you are right about no boxes, like in Fleshmakers, where i 1st encountered the poison traps. though i want to believe they will get a box soon. but even they dont get, there are still many un disarmable traps in game, for years now.

also i dont want to believe that , and i find no reason, why turbine would make smthn on purpose, just to annoy us.
    Repeat, on purpose.
    and if by annoying u mean, i dont like it thats another issue.
    Robopew / Kormah / Sokin / Dhona / Thendrik / Tightpants / Altab / Screamforme / Oohshift / Evermissing

Find me where it says in release notes they changed poison traps?
    Im a trapper for the past 3 lifes, I dont mind them like this but I would like some word from turbine or some sort of notice.
    This feels like Im playing test server when I have to find out on my own about new things in game.
    so if the release notes included that, u woud have no problem? like its the 1st thing they leave out of release notes...
    at least nowm, poison traps have a meaning.... thats why they nerfed poison immune items as well maybe.
    i dont know if the damage from new poison traps is WAI or not, but i surelly like it better that way, anywayz

Community Member

so if the release notes included that, u woud have no problem? like its the 1st thing they leave out of release notes...
    at least nowm, poison traps have a meaning.... thats why they nerfed poison immune items as well maybe.
    i dont know if the damage from new poison traps is WAI or not, but i surelly like it better that way, anywayz
    no, poison traps do not have a meaning.

They nerfed poison immunity for u14/Motu expansion because poison plays a major role with the drow/spider thingy they got going on.

So you don't know if the damage from poison traps is wai? That's why there are RELEASE NOTES which you so blithely mention in you opening sentence. If turbine makes a change to the game and they don't tell us about it, it creates a problem. They see it as wai, but the player base, not knowing this to be the case, files multiple bug reports because it is not the norm. This in turn ties up resources that could be used to do something, I dunno, productive, maybe?

So a word from a dev or someone about this issue would be nice regarding if this is wai or not.

So don't bag on other players if they ask questions that need answering.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast