Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    I get it, calling guys 'girls' is supposed to be insulting. Misogyny for the win!

Seriously dude, you guys are still whining about elite GH damage and Running w/ the Devils? Just put your big boy pants on and figure out a way to deal with it like the rest of us have. It isn't that hard. Sure the new poison damage basically turned poison traps into acid traps, but until it gets fixed or changed buckle up buttercup and deal with it. You can always run it on a lower difficulty level you can actually handle.

Or take your own advice and stop spending any money on this game and do something else? Quit threatening to do it, and just DO IT if you are so miserable playing this game. It's not rocket appliances.
    You felt insulted cause i used "girls" instead of "boys". And i am the misogynist one you say. Cool story bro.
    Maybe all the girls feel insulted each time we use "fanboys", not considering them, who knows...

You say i should figure out a way to deal with Bugging with the devils, you think when i talk about game difficulty balance i do it on my bias maybe, wrong. http://postimg.org/image/eicl9m8sj/

It isn't that hard, true. For us. Roll a new toon on a different server and let me know if you can handle it...

Again, i agree, we already have acid traps, no point having a broken, unbalanced copy.

Finally, i am not threating anyone or anything posting here, on a videogame forum.

I am just pointing out that this is logically a big mistake from ANY perspective (read my previous post about that if you care).

Thanks for the name calling, have a nice day.
    Last edited by Phemt81; 06-05-2013 at 08:53 PM.
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

Community Member

Default At least traps are consistent now.

Does anyone know of a leveling guide of quests without traps?

Personally I like the change. As mentioned earlier, whether it's WAI or bug, it's an improvement - poison traps now _matter_. The damage may be in need of a little fine tuning, but this is the only thing I can think of for years now that ensures a party will actually _wait_ for a rogue/arti to disable traps before plowing ahead. Zerg'rs beware.

If WAI, it should have been mentioned in the release notes. Not cool omitting it.
    (and if a bug, it should by now be a Known Issue, though one I hope that graduates to Feature)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drus-the-Axe View Post
    Personally I like the change. As mentioned earlier, whether it's WAI or bug, it's an improvement - poison traps now _matter_. The damage may be in need of a little fine tuning, but this is the only thing I can think of for years now that ensures a party will actually _wait_ for a rogue/arti to disable traps before plowing ahead. Zerg'rs beware.
    I agree. What's the point of traps that nobody cares about?

This is my first time playing the epic content and while I haven't done any EEs yet, the EH and EN quests I've run have surprised me as being shockingly easy for the XP they give out. Earlier today I got 90,000 XP from an EH Chrono run that took less than half an hour, and that's without pots.

The damage may be in need of a little fine tuning
    Just a little yeah.

rofl
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.

DId anyone see devs mentioning poison traps anywhere since we cant get any answer here?
    Actually doesnt matter, Ill bug report it, everyone can do the same since its hard to put it in release notes or to write its a bug.
    Last edited by Ivan_Milic; 06-06-2013 at 06:41 AM.

And it's unfair that the spell "Poison" wasn't changed as well, to do the same "untyped" damage.

Carry on.
    ~ Gaeryus (Sor14/FvS4/Pal2) Firebrand ~ ~ Phlegma (12Fgt/6Rog/2Pal)(L13)(eTR2) van Moyst ~
    ~ Hakashe (Pal14/Monk6)(L3)Nurigatu ~ ~ Koergan (Cle17/Brb2/Fgt1)Flamebeard ~
    Ex-Captain of the Flying Funk ~ ~ Ascent ~ ~ Epic Farming Videos ~ ~ New and Exciting Bugs

On the few poison traps I've tested on, the immunity effect of the neutralize poison spell or potion will prevent damage from poison traps for its duration.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by apep1412 View Post
    On the few poison traps I've tested on, the immunity effect of the neutralize poison spell or potion will prevent damage from poison traps for its duration.
    This isn't consistent and is further evidence that this is probably a bug. There was even an embarrassing situation where I said, "don't worry guys, poison pots take the damage away" and then proceeded to die in a poison trap.

If WAI, it should have been mentioned in the release notes. Not cool omitting it.
    (and if a bug, it should by now be a Known Issue, though one I hope that graduates to Feature)
    Them doing damage doesn't bother me . . . but there should be a save (is there? Can't recall as I don't disarm traps with my face) and the damage should be tweaked down a little. Traps in heroic elite overall hit a bit too hard in comparison to the level of challenge the other aspects of the game bring to the quests.

But it never ceases to amaze me when what should be obviously broken to anyone with half a brain gets defended here. RWTD . . . yes we beat this on elite every life but come on, it's broken. The quest is insanely harder than the other quests at it's level. beatable yes, even puggable, but it's out of whack do to something mutiplying the Searing lights by way more than it should.

500+ point disintegrates in level 15 heroic quests . . . come on it's a bug.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    This isn't consistent and is further evidence that this is probably a bug. There was even an embarrassing situation where I said, "don't worry guys, poison pots take the damage away" and then proceeded to die in a poison trap.
    Seconded. Neutralize Poison pots did absolutely nothing against the traps in Redfang the Unruled.

What does Neutralize Poison do these days that Panacea doesn't do better?

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Them doing damage doesn't bother me . . . but there should be a save (is there? Can't recall as I don't disarm traps with my face) and the damage should be tweaked down a little. Traps in heroic elite overall hit a bit too hard in comparison to the level of challenge the other aspects of the game bring to the quests.

But it never ceases to amaze me when what should be obviously broken to anyone with half a brain gets defended here. RWTD . . . yes we beat this on elite every life but come on, it's broken. The quest is insanely harder than the other quests at it's level. beatable yes, even puggable, but it's out of whack do to something mutiplying the Searing lights by way more than it should.

500+ point disintegrates in level 15 heroic quests . . . come on it's a bug.
    DDO forums: where the only user not trolling is called "troll".

Quote Originally Posted by Circon View Post
    Seconded. Neutralize Poison pots did absolutely nothing against the traps in Redfang the Unruled.

What does Neutralize Poison do these days that Panacea doesn't do better?
    does panacea eliminate all poisons? I don't know but since the poison change, not all poisons can be cured by these spells and the figuring out what is actually magical and what is actually natural has been easily confusing. I know when I run Rusted Blades every day to ED farm the heal spell doesn't cure the poison I get, but I also have never taken any damage from it either. are all poison traps the same? magical? natural?

since the poison change, I haven't carried neutralize poison and sell any I loot. haven't needed them and restore potions have always worked if I did take damage.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by goldgolem View Post
    Yeah they sting now! One thing they made harder while they made 100 things easier. I love it, it means you can't just ignore them anymore.
    Indeed, they however can ignore player abilities..It should never have been and yet it gets worse not better...As though we need another source off unmitigatable damage, particularly one that almost every human the word over has at least a moderate degree of resistance to in every day thoroughly unheroic mundane life.

It is..insulting.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ddo.rsmo.pt View Post
    And it's unfair that the spell "Poison" wasn't changed as well, to do the same "untyped" damage.

Carry on.
    Don't forget cloudkill. But why do raw damage when you can do ability damage that they are 90% immune to. Did we get a poison absorption item? Wf have poison DR? Nothin huh? Gotcha.

So...do these traps have a save for half damage? (EDIT yes, appears to be a reflex save) I remember getting popped in redfang for 70-90 damage four times, with other party members all saying they took about the same amount of damage (which would indicate we all either made the save or all failed the save), but I didn't remember testing for sure.

Many of them have no box (since they used to be relatively harmless traps), and there's no way to reduce poison damage other than the save, and trap timing/hit range is constantly out of whack...

That could get annoying.
    Last edited by ZeebaNeighba; 06-06-2013 at 08:11 PM.

Yes, this change SUCKS

The damage may be in need of a little fine tuning
    180 damages in Lair of Summoning on elite.. My rogue went directly to -40.. I believe they need a huge tuning..

And as others say, a lot of poison traps don't have a box..
    For me, they can stay, but at least add a box.......

Quote Originally Posted by blackdae View Post
    180 damages in Lair of Summoning on elite.. My rogue went directly to -40.. I believe they need a huge tuning..

And as others say, a lot of poison traps don't have a box..
    For me, they can stay, but at least add a box.......
    Only 180 in a level 7 quest? Choose more toughness feats... it's still playable...

Quote Originally Posted by Phemt81 View Post
    Only 180 in a level 7 quest? Choose more toughness feats... it's still playable...
    It's lvl 5

Cheers.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast