Community Member

Default Korthos Disciples: Apparently you can stare them down.

The three Devourer Disciples, archers, that spawn next to the entrance to the Sacrifices quest entrance have an interesting quirk. It seems you can walk right up to them, wait a moment, and they'll stop attacking. No skill check. No spells. No attack. Just walk up, stare them in the eyes, or knees if you're a halfling, and they'll snap out of their mind-controlled attack-frenzy. I suspect this is a bug and will probably get fixed. I hope not. I think it's pretty cool from a role-playing perspective: You don't HAVE to kill everyone. And these three poor souls found the will power to break The Devourer's mental hold over them. After all, they are villagers that don't really want to kill you.

Poor quality video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGFdDALQf3k

Quote Originally Posted by Careall View Post
    The three Devourer Disciples, archers, that spawn next to the entrance to the Sacrifices quest entrance have an interesting quirk. It seems you can walk right up to them, wait a moment, and they'll stop attacking. No skill check. No spells. No attack. Just walk up, stare them in the eyes, or knees if you're a halfling, and they'll snap out of their mind-controlled attack-frenzy. I suspect this is a bug and will probably get fixed. I hope not. I think it's pretty cool from a role-playing perspective: You don't HAVE to kill everyone. And these three poor souls found the will power to break The Devourer's mental hold over them. After all, they are villagers that don't really want to kill you.

Poor quality video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGFdDALQf3k

The guy in red that tells you "Bow down before the devourer!" As you're walking down the path will stop attacking you if you do the /bow emote. I thought it was kinda cool. His 2 buddies in white don't care though, and will attack you, re-aggroing the guy in red.

Community Member

Well IMO it looks like there's a problem with their melee AI. The one guy hits you one time, but the others dont. And it looks like they're disallowed from moving...I suspect whats happening is they're switching to melee mode, and the AI is telling them to try and flank you, or to run away back to bow range, or something else where they have to move, but they cant move, so they just sit there stuck, and dont switch to ranged attack after you walk away.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    The guy in red that tells you "Bow down before the devourer!" As you're walking down the path will stop attacking you if you do the /bow emote. I thought it was kinda cool. His 2 buddies in white don't care though, and will attack you, re-aggroing the guy in red.
    Oh yeah. I forgot about that guy. You can sit down right in front of him and have a cup of tea. The two buddies don't see you until you pass his position.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Well IMO it looks like there's a problem with their melee AI. The one guy hits you one time, but the others dont. And it looks like they're disallowed from moving...I suspect whats happening is they're switching to melee mode, and the AI is telling them to try and flank you, or to run away back to bow range, or something else where they have to move, but they cant move, so they just sit there stuck, and dont switch to ranged attack after you walk away.
    Yep. That's probably what's happening. I just hope they don't fix it. It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature.