Community Member

Default Good ED for artificer?

I'm planning to do Artificer for my next life. Don't know a lot about how to build one yet, but I'm trying to figure out now what would be a good ED as it will affect my decision of what to do with the epic levels in my current life.

I probably won't stay at epic for a very long time before TRing once again, but would like to enjoy the levels when I am there. Your thoughts appreciated.

Well... What kind of arti are you planning on? :P
    If you're spell w/ repeater on the side, I'd look at Draconic or Masgister (or both, and twist the good stuff? :3)
    Repeater w/ spells on the side, Shiradi (or shadowdancer, I guess?) is the usual recommendation.
    And if you're melee, I'd have to say Dreadnought is the most fun. FoTW in raids or groups with other melees (play nice with the squishy fleshy melees!)

Draconic being more DPS spells, and Magister being more DC focussed I believe.

Community Member

Thanks.

It's interesting you mention Draconic. Last life I was a sorc and (rather stupidly) started Draconic, did almost nothing and then TRed into paladin. Now that I want to try some epic stuff, I'm a paladin with Draconic, not the best match.

I did actually want to do a spell-oriented arty, so maybe I should just TR at 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    Thanks.

It's interesting you mention Draconic. Last life I was a sorc and (rather stupidly) started Draconic, did almost nothing and then TRed into paladin. Now that I want to try some epic stuff, I'm a paladin with Draconic, not the best match.

I did actually want to do a spell-oriented arty, so maybe I should just TR at 20.
    Why is a sorc going DI stupid? They have some of the best dps abilities IG (yes, Shiradi is awesome on a sorc, but speaking from my experience, it's better dmg/sp then dmg/time)

I'd recommend NOT Tring at 20. Instead, get to level 25, then farm Impossible Demands (on eHard or eElite) and level every destiny to 5. Dead boring, yes, but it lets you pick and choose, and it makes epics so much more enjoyable. My artificer (Juggernaut) could swap between Shiradi (when he wanted a repeater, w/e), FoTW, Dreadnought, Sentinel (not sure why) among others, depending on what I felt like doing.

Just food for thought there.

Community Member

Starting DI as a sorc wasn't stupid.

Starting DI "just because it was there" and then TRing without running even one epic quest was stupid. I didn't bother to read up on how they worked first and just assumed I could pick a new one each life.

Thanks for the suggestions on the ED grinding, but there's really no point in my doing that. I don't plan to stick around at epic until at least I get through one life on each class, and the only reason I want to mix TRing with epic stuff is to avoid grinding (which I despise.)

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

I've played with a few destinies on my arty, and Draconic, Shiradi, and Shadowdancer were all fun for different reasons. Arties are somewhat flexible and have a few choices.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!