Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Community Member PermaBanned's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,933

    Default Copper Sigil of Leveling?!

    Ok, so I simply typed "XP" into the DDO store search field, and on page one is the old leveling Sigil. Is this a relic of by-gone days? Or is it like the "obsolete enhancement that doesn't do anything anymore" spell enhancement text: yet another leaked warning of things to come?

    I sincerely hope it's just a relic in the store. If they're seriously planning on bringing these back, it will certainly curb my plans on future TRing. That is, I'm assuming that once a Sigil is applied it won't last through TRing like the tomes do.

    I can only find it when searching on an applicable toon. If I search on a lvl 15 I get just pots, no Sigil. If I search on lvl 1 or 4, I find the Copper Sigil. I have no toons in-between ATM.

    Any chance of a dev reply here? Please put my fears to rest...
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow - btw, do you have change for 10 million population?

  2. #2
    Community Member burningwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Ok, so I simply typed "XP" into the DDO store search field, and on page one is the old leveling Sigil. Is this a relic of by-gone days? Or is it like the "obsolete enhancement that doesn't do anything anymore" spell enhancement text: yet another leaked warning of things to come?

    I sincerely hope it's just a relic in the store. If they're seriously planning on bringing these back, it will certainly curb my plans on future TRing. That is, I'm assuming that once a Sigil is applied it won't last through TRing like the tomes do.

    I can only find it when searching on an applicable toon. If I search on a lvl 15 I get just pots, no Sigil. If I search on lvl 1 or 4, I find the Copper Sigil. I have no toons in-between ATM.

    Any chance of a dev reply here? Please put my fears to rest...
    many years old, ddo require sigil to level beyond certain point.. i believe it was 8,12,16 or whatever.. can't remember exactly when. i was back on my first account.. the max level is still 15 by then...

    now this is totally gone, you no longer need these sigil to level up...

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    I can only find it when searching on an applicable toon. If I search on a lvl 15 I get just pots, no Sigil. If I search on lvl 1 or 4, I find the Copper Sigil. I have no toons in-between ATM.
    I've just tried on a level 7 character, and nothing came up; only when I clicked the "Show all items" rather than "Filter for this character" did the copper one appear. There were no silver or gold ones.

    I guess this must just be a hiccup, the Ghost of DDO Store Past paying us a spooky visit...

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gypsythief View Post
    I've just tried on a level 7 character, and nothing came up; only when I clicked the "Show all items" rather than "Filter for this character" did the copper one appear. There were no silver or gold ones.

    I guess this must just be a hiccup, the Ghost of DDO Store Past paying us a spooky visit...
    Or its a glimpse of the future. The level cap will be raised to 28, but you can only advance buying a sigil.
    Turbine needs the money, you know?

  5. #5
    Hero Gkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BansheeGirl View Post
    Or its a glimpse of the future. The level cap will be raised to 28, but you can only advance buying a sigil.
    Turbine needs the money, you know?
    Naw, you'd have to be extra stupid to re-implement a system that they discovered cost them money because too many people quit when they hit those levels. They need to keep people playing to get them to buy stuff, not give them a reason to quit.

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Ok, so I simply typed "XP" into the DDO store search field, and on page one is the old leveling Sigil. Is this a relic of by-gone days? Or is it like the "obsolete enhancement that doesn't do anything anymore" spell enhancement text: yet another leaked warning of things to come?

    I sincerely hope it's just a relic in the store. If they're seriously planning on bringing these back, it will certainly curb my plans on future TRing. That is, I'm assuming that once a Sigil is applied it won't last through TRing like the tomes do.

    I can only find it when searching on an applicable toon. If I search on a lvl 15 I get just pots, no Sigil. If I search on lvl 1 or 4, I find the Copper Sigil. I have no toons in-between ATM.

    Any chance of a dev reply here? Please put my fears to rest...

    I've seen this exact same post at least twice in the last year and a half, leading me to believe there's nothing to worry about.

  7. #7

  8. #8
    Community Member Adarro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mostly Colorado, Mostly
    Posts
    380

    Default

    *Shiver* I forgot all about those.
    Probably on the list of fixes right next to 'update known issues - left justify page 4 item 3'.
    Remember the little people, if for no other reason than to better savor the squishy sound they make as you roll over them.

    Cleric, Rogue, UMD - Because Grease Clickies Have Consequences.
    There are no bad builds, only Characters with High End-Game Mule Potential.

  9. #9
    Community Member PermaBanned's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    I've seen this exact same post at least twice in the last year and a half, leading me to believe there's nothing to worry about.
    Ah, thanx! Had I come across those previously I wouldn't have been so alarmed. It was the first time I had seen the Sigils since way back when they were required, and wasn't at all happy about the implications of it suddenly reappearing. Learning that it's been lurking about the store for quite a while is reassuring.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow - btw, do you have change for 10 million population?

  10. #10
    Community Member Nestroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Europe, and proud of it
    Posts
    3,064

    Default

    The sigil might be a ghost of past times. I wonder that they did not go the other way Forward so far - XP stones outside Otto´s. I expect to find the +4 Level (max lv 16) SP Stone some day hopefully in the far future.

  11. #11
    Community Member Luxgolg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nestroy View Post
    The sigil might be a ghost of past times. I wonder that they did not go the other way Forward so far - XP stones outside Otto´s. I expect to find the +4 Level (max lv 16) SP Stone some day hopefully in the far future.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Sigil_of_Leveling

  12. #12
    Community Member DynaTheCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    735

    Default

    It's a conspiracy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload