Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

The other day I was in a group heading to elite Running with the Devils, and I was joking about how many times we would die. The cleric half-jokingly asked me if I was worried about my healing skills. And I said no, if your healing skills are good, we'll die only a few times. We wiped. Then we redid it with a stronger party, 1 or 2 deaths, and I told him that means he was a good healer.

And sometimes everyone screws up. Last night I was doing an elite Coal Chamber. It was in the evening and I was tired but not quite ready for bed. We went in with 5 and I popped my Onyx Panther hire because we had been talking about the hires... and you already know what I did wrong. After the quest someone told me and I was apologizing all over the place -- a real bonehead move that was, but we all do it from time to time, and need to remember that we're all human (even if we're elves or warforged..)

If I had someone ***** someone else out over a death due to anything but sheer negligence -- such as being warned not to do something and doing it anyway -- I'd just squelch them on the spot and drop party as soon as that quest was over. Life's too short.
    Last edited by Qaliya; 06-02-2013 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mobrien316 View Post
    I don't care. I really don't. I've died a bunch in the past and I'm quite confident I will die a bunch in the future.

You don't have to apologize, or feel bad, or offer to drop so we can restart without you. I will either raise you or carry your stone to a shrine as soon as I am able.

It's really, really not a big deal.

If you are in my elite BB group and someone else dies, and you think it's such a big deal that you feel it's appropriate to rant and rave and belittle them for minutes on end, feel free to either shut up or drop and find more like-minded players to group with.

Everyone dies. Get over it.
    There is only one god: Death. And what do we say to the god of death? ;P

Sometimes I want no deaths sometimes I don't care. Most of the time I value BB over death penalty. So, agree with you OP
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    There is only one god: Death. And what do we say to the god of death? ;P

Sometimes I want no deaths sometimes I don't care. Most of the time I value BB over death penalty. So, agree with you OP

I'm with you OP. Dying happens. No point asking whose to blame. The only thing I ask is if you're going to die, die with your boots on!

If you're gonna try, well, stick around. If you're gonna cry, just move along.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    The reason I rarely group though is because I get sick and tired of people booting me for not turning on my voice chat. I tell them it wouldnt do any good, I cant hear anyway....and then *boot*, or sometimes "<scornful disbelief>", *boot*
    I met some jerks too. I just squelched them and kept partying, pugging and having fun as my taste suggests me, not as others think i should play
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

Dang . . . I'm gonna lose some of my elitist jerk cred because I agree with the OP.

Death happen. 10% of the base is meh, can't be concerned about it.

Community Member

I don't even notice xp any more, leveling is easy.

TR'ing in 40 hours is feasible with all the bonus xp. It can be done without a Bravery Bonus, and no XP pots, and taking every level until 18, on a Legend life.

Greater Tome and every quest for 1st time bonus is all that is needed. Farming the staple quests is still required, but that is the entire point of TRing. If you dont enjoy repeating then you cant enjoy TRing.

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    If it is an elite BB run, no, you didn't.

An elite BB run is permarun on starting +150% XP bonus (80% first elite, 20% first run on elite, 50% bravery bonus). 200% with greater tome. Plus whatever they get on ransack, conquest, trap, secret door...

But even on the +170% XP base (no death, no reentry), dying will bring their XP from 270% to 260%. Closer to a 3% penalty. And it goes down if they get any other kind of XP bonus.

A full conquest/ransack/trap run goes to 325% XP.
    Still cost 10% of base, all the other bonsues don't change that. If I cost people XP due to my stupidity then I think that in a civilized society you apologize for causing even a small harm to others and thus an apology is due.]

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    The other day I was in a group heading to elite Bugging with the Devils, and We wiped.
    ffy

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    Still cost 10% of base, all the other bonsues don't change that. If I cost people XP due to my stupidity then I think that in a civilized society you apologize for causing even a small harm to others and thus an apology is due.]
    Why so serious?
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

Personally I dont care that you died, it happens no big deal. But the HOW you died matters to me a little.

most recent example was Lord of Dust, sonic trap that activates at the Rakshasa & Jarlith fight before the actual endfight.
    I was in the process of disabling the trap when that one player stopped DIRECTLY in the trap, even taking 2-3 hits before dying.
    For that I called him out, because that was just plain stupidity on the players part.
    Desnol / Qerasuul / Lornkhal / Khazdar - Soko Irrlicht, Orien

Quote Originally Posted by rubbinns View Post
    i don't even notice xp any more, leveling is easy.

Tr'ing in 40 hours is feasible with all the bonus xp. It can be done without a bravery bonus, and no xp pots, and taking every level until 18, on a legend life.

Greater tome and every quest for 1st time bonus is all that is needed. Farming the staple quests is still required, but that is the entire point of tring. If you dont enjoy repeating then you cant enjoy tring.
    qft.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12