Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default If you join my elite BB group and die...

I don't care. I really don't. I've died a bunch in the past and I'm quite confident I will die a bunch in the future.

You don't have to apologize, or feel bad, or offer to drop so we can restart without you. I will either raise you or carry your stone to a shrine as soon as I am able.

It's really, really not a big deal.

If you are in my elite BB group and someone else dies, and you think it's such a big deal that you feel it's appropriate to rant and rave and belittle them for minutes on end, feel free to either shut up or drop and find more like-minded players to group with.

Everyone dies. Get over it.
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade, Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Hermanius Brightblade, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield.

Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Community Member

Hear hear.

I actually have never been in a group where someone freaked out over that, and count myself fortunate.

Some people seem to forget that it's a gggggggggggggggggggggggggggame.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

I agree. Deaths happen. If cases of rolling low on a save, getting unlucky, etc who cares. Dust yourself off and keep plugging along. Heck, have a laugh or two over it. Just a waste of energy to get worked up over some paultry lost bonus xp.
    Git off mah lawn!

If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Community Member

Pretty much. I usually don't die, but sometimes I get arrogant or get zapped by a light spell (PM). I only get annoyed when people die three or four times and get angry when I decide to just push on to the next shrine with their stone, or in some cases just wrap up the quest and then go back. Im not even mad that you are dying, we've all had days where we just kept doing dumb stuff, or kept rolling ones, just that you are getting on my case for not repeatedly getting you back up XD.

Quote Originally Posted by mobrien316 View Post
    I don't care. I really don't. I've died a bunch in the past and I'm quite confident I will die a bunch in the future.

You SIR, ARE NOT PRO ENOUGH! *scoff*

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

You don't have to apologize, or feel bad, or offer to drop so we can restart without you. I will either raise you or carry your stone to a shrine as soon as I am able.

It's really, really not a big deal.

If you are in my elite BB group and someone else dies, and you think it's such a big deal that you feel it's appropriate to rant and rave and belittle them for minutes on end, feel free to either shut up or drop and find more like-minded players to group with.

Well said, and I fully agree.

Did you not make this same post not 2 months ago? Are you not getting any takers in your pugs and are having to beg now for people to join?
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

You don't have to apologize, or feel bad, or offer to drop so we can restart without you.
    I always feel a bit sad when someone does this. It means they got completely AHoled by some puts out there.
    This. On the (fortunately few) occasions I've had someone start spouting off like that, I send a tell to the dead guy suggesting to ignore the griper; and inform the griper that such will not be tolerated in my group and that if they continue will be booted prior to the next quest.

~Half of my very small squelch list is dew to conversations didn't directly involve me, but still demonstrated that the newly squelched was someone I didn't care to have in my company.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

OP i love you and i hope all the noobz can meet a person like you the first time they log into a mmorpg.

My honest respect to you.

Quote Originally Posted by DynaTheCat View Post
    You SIR, ARE NOT PRO ENOUGH! *scoff*
    Not much but true, he's not soloing...
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

That's right. To all you nubby nubby nubbidy nubs out there. When you see that "know the quest" No first Timers" cough beta tape cough

You join in, you die, and then you hook up a mic for the occasion and tell them verbally exactly where they can stick that cactus.

I think the best thing I ever saw in game was an admin of sorts tell a group leader to **** off once for that same reason. Totally made my week lol.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Here Here

I do apologize for the death and try my best not to repeat the mistake and I to also squelch to those that rant unending about how gimped one has to be to die at that point. I have had groups that I have started that had one or two die and they apologized to me for it and I told them no worries it happens and I meant it. I do, depend on the character, either pick up the stones and run to the shrine or raise them on the spot if i am on my healer it is me that apologizes for not doing my job when they apologize for the death. I have also been a troll to groups that have BYOH and being a cleric not heal them and when they died carry them to the shrines when they rant on me for not healing i simply say "I thought this was a BYOH group? (*Btw they have contacted me to join the group I have not seen that in a group and thought hmm think i will go join and not heal I only decided not to heal them when they bragged at UMD #s or how many pots, wands or scrolls they have and so on)

To many forget that this is a game and that it is meant to be fun. If they are concerned with death then they need to find like minds and run with them instead of trolling the Who tab and begging people to join their pug.
    Don't be fooled life is a game and there is no cheat codes or glitches just really mad devs getting even with us all

Dying is not the issue, dying stupid is.

When I've been playing an evasion character all day and thoughtlessly run though the elite trap while the arti/rogue is about to disable it...that deserves an apology to the group. I screwed up. It was probably funny and they don't care, but I still cost them 10% because I was an idiot.

If I died because I zerged ahead of the group, got in over my head, and then died alone... see above.

If I died because the party was being gang raped by a bunch of heavy hitter mobs and I just happened to be the one that went down, no big deal.

The situation does matter. Stupid or careless deserves an apology because that's being a person who is considerate of others. Not all deaths however are really the players fault and those don't need an apology.

I just hope they join my group so they can carry my stone to the shrine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    When I've been playing an evasion character all day and thoughtlessly run though the elite trap while the arti/rogue is about to disable it...that deserves an apology to the group. I screwed up. It was probably funny and they don't care, but I still cost them 10% because I was an idiot.
    If it is an elite BB run, no, you didn't.

An elite BB run is permarun on starting +150% XP bonus (80% first elite, 20% first run on elite, 50% bravery bonus). 200% with greater tome. Plus whatever they get on ransack, conquest, trap, secret door...

But even on the +170% XP base (no death, no reentry), dying will bring their XP from 270% to 260%. Closer to a 3% penalty. And it goes down if they get any other kind of XP bonus.

A full conquest/ransack/trap run goes to 325% XP.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Thumbs up

This thread is well thought out, frank, honest, meek and unilaterially good for the community.

So, I'm against it.

Also, DDOOOooOooOoOOMmm! The entire game will now expect to pike, every raid will fail (and by fail, I mean not complete as statistically optimally possible as projected in my hypothetical workflow spreadsheet that's theoretically attainable in an ideal setting!!!!)

Seriously, how do you expect people to have fun when they're wasting time enjoying the game?

You disgust me, and I hope to continue to be thoroughly disgusted in the future.
    Remember the little people, if for no other reason than to better savor the squishy sound they make as you roll over them.

Cleric, Rogue, UMD - Because Grease Clickies Have Consequences.
    There are no bad builds, only Characters with High End-Game Mule Potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    Dying is not the issue, dying stupid is.

If I died because I zerged ahead of the group, got in over my head, and then died alone... see above.

If I died because the party was being gang raped by a bunch of heavy hitter mobs and I just happened to be the one that went down, no big deal.

The situation does matter. Stupid or careless deserves an apology because that's being a person who is considerate of others. Not all deaths however are really the players fault and those don't need an apology.
    Everyone's a victim of 'Altitus', now and then. I, myself, died in a lava pit on my cleric the other day because I was used to the high jump and fast movement from playing my monk.

I've had somebody rant and rave about somebody else dying, before, though. We were doing EH VoN2. And you know that last boss likes to use disintegrate, a lot. Well, the rogue died and the party leader got ****ed. I was like...really? It's a rogue, known to have comparatively low fortitude saves and HP, who dies to a disintegrate, a very high powered spell in epics. People just need to get a grip, sometimes, and enjoy the game.

A 10% penalty really isn't that big a deal anymore, what with tomes and bravery bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    Everyone's a victim of 'Altitus', now and then. I, myself, died in a lava pit on my cleric the other day because I was used to the high jump and fast movement from playing my monk.

When I switch toons, especially if I haven't played it in a while or if I'm going from caster to melee, I go run some slayer/explorers solo for a while to get back in to the swing of things.

Also, I try to standardize buttons between characters so that the same button is used for heal, one shot kills like assassinate or FoD, or cc , etc. Makes the transition a little easier when you're reacting without thinking.

Why do I do this? Because I have been that guy in the quest (or raid) who couldn't find the spell they needed or pots or whatever because I just switched toons. It's not much fun being that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by goodspeed View Post
    I think the best thing I ever saw in game was an admin of sorts tell a group leader to **** off once for that same reason. Totally made my week lol.
    Here, in ddo?

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    A full conquest/ransack/trap run goes to 325% XP.
    Yes, good point; even the gimpest noob can contribute his uselessness for the party and get ransack to balance his over 9000 deaths with a much more tasty +15% that uberawesome professional zergers would never bother to gain.

Be a gimp if you want, but with a non gimped brain!
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

Community Member

I've only grouped a few times, and thankfully no one's ever berated me because I didnt know the quest. I usually run them solo to get a feel for it, but its always differnet running it at a full sprint like you do with most groups, not methodically like you do solo your first time

The reason I rarely group though is because I get sick and tired of people booting me for not turning on my voice chat. I tell them it wouldnt do any good, I cant hear anyway....and then *boot*, or sometimes "<scornful disbelief>", *boot*

Great attitude and happy to quest with you any time!

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast