Thread: Curious...

Lightbulb Curious...

Just out of sheer curiosity, how many of the players that are unable to use their old forum names (I'm included in this!) had borked my.ddo data for their characters? There have been a few people that i've seen (that have asked me on my normal name (Silas_O'Reilly) to update their YourDDO info when in fact they had borked data) that have also been unable to use their old names...

I'm thinking that if there's enough instances, it may be somehow related to that.

~~Ague

I'm not even sure how to get to my old my.ddo data, but my main character shows up just fine, updated this morning, on yourddo, so I'm guessing it's all correct.

Quote Originally Posted by NiborRis View Post
    I'm not even sure how to get to my old my.ddo data, but my main character shows up just fine, updated this morning, on yourddo, so I'm guessing it's all correct.
    well, so much for that theory...

Quote Originally Posted by NiborRis View Post
    I thought that because myddo was gone, and the ddo API is no longer available, that yourddo would be made unuseable, but i just tried using yourddo, and it still seemed to give me updated information on my character. the only thing is that - for some reason - the graphic icons of all the items all show broken links, but hovering over the items indicates the name.

will yourddo continue to work? I miss myddo.

Quote Originally Posted by Graskitch View Post
    I thought that because myddo was gone, and the ddo API is no longer available, that yourddo would be made unuseable, but i just tried using yourddo, and it still seemed to give me updated information on my character. the only thing is that - for some reason - the graphic icons of all the items all show broken links, but hovering over the items indicates the name.

Yes, the API has been spared (for now)... and the icons don't show anymore because the API still returns references to the old icons that were under the compendium.ddo.com domain... I've begun compiling icons to host locally, but it's going to take some time to get them all setup...

Can't say I can't use my old name (didn't try to use the old name).
    This is what happened:
    - when I logged in the first time on new forums I was suggested to pick a name
    - I've picked Robai (yay, finally got rid of the name TheRobai)
    - but, all threads created by me (TheRobai) is gone, but some posts are not gone
    - the number of posts gone
    - reputation gone

Community Member

There was post from devs that: my.ddo is gone, API is still there but there can be periods of downtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Ague View Post
    Yes, the API has been spared (for now)... and the icons don't show anymore because the API still returns references to the old icons that were under the compendium.ddo.com domain... I've begun compiling icons to host locally, but it's going to take some time to get them all setup...
    are you the author of yourddo?

that would be awesome if the guild and character lookups on the yourddo site worked with icons. is there any way then to still get the myddo lotteries to work? =D

Default Lost forum name...

I lost my old forum name and while most data was correct, I had one character that I deleted and then replaced with a new character that always showed the old character data. Now it shows that name as archived even though I was on the new one yesterday.
    No Char left behind; original join date, Oct 2010

Community Member

Is the API documented and/or how do I use it? I used to pull/screen scrape information from myddo, but those scripts are now broken obviously.

are you the author of yourddo?

that would be awesome if the guild and character lookups on the yourddo site worked with icons. is there any way then to still get the myddo lotteries to work? =D
    yes, I am the author of YourDDO. My old forum name was Silas_O'Reilly. and the site still maintains functionality, only the icons in the inventory no longer appear and guilds will no longer automatically be added to the listing once they hit level 20. The guilds were previously added by scraping the old guild leaderboards, and since those are gone, so is the ability to automatically add guilds at level 20.

And the lotteries are completely gone. There is absolutely no way to enter in the external lotto's unless Turbine were to bring them back.

Quote Originally Posted by AlissSeven View Post
    Is the API documented and/or how do I use it? I used to pull/screen scrape information from myddo, but those scripts are now broken obviously.
    The API only returns character data, and guild rosters. There is no additional functionality with the API. Perhaps with the API getting spared, there may be plans to update it and/or expand upon it, but only time will tell.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ague View Post
    The API only returns character data, and guild rosters. There is no additional functionality with the API. Perhaps with the API getting spared, there may be plans to update it and/or expand upon it, but only time will tell.
    Well, I found it myself here: http://data.ddo.com/. What I can't find out now is how do I get access? (that should just be publicly accessible... *grumble* )

Community Member

Default I am able to get to data.ddo.com

I can still get to http://data.ddo.com though the documentation link is now 404. It may have been in Compendium.

For what it's worth, I just tried logging onto YourDDO using my long-time bookmark (http://ddocrafting.info/cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi) and the website was listed as temporarily unavailable. I hope this is related to the owner updating the site, as I have been in love with it since being introduced to it.

YourDDO Creator
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Team Turbine 2015 Mo-Bro

Quote Originally Posted by Ravand View Post
    For what it's worth, I just tried logging onto YourDDO using my long-time bookmark (http://ddocrafting.info/cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi) and the website was listed as temporarily unavailable. I hope this is related to the owner updating the site, as I have been in love with it since being introduced to it.

Um, there is and never was any way to Log In to YourDDO. That link that you posted has never existed and will never work as I don't use any CGI scripting on the site. Remove the "cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi" and it will work just fine.