Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 50
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,710

    Default B4 they nerf it entirely, multiclass draconic crit builds: 25k+ crits

    Well, wasn't even sure I was gonna bother, but since crits are gonna be nerfed to oblivion that means nothing like these builds will be possible pretty soon.

    The following builds are a great example of exactly how DEVASTATING sweeping changes to the game can be to a build.

    The first build some of you may know from another thread I started, its an odd multiclass wolf hybrid, since I felt I need to get this done b4 they nerf it further I wasn't able to get truly maxed out gear for this test, but im close, spellpower for these crits was 400, most I could get with this build would be in the 450 range.

    If I can level him quick enough I have another build that should be able to crit for close to double that of the hybrid wolf build, so 40-50kish, my guess for the wolf build was 25-30k max crits(on mobes weak to element) so at least in that case I was spot on, she should be able to hit 30k+ if she gets that extra 50 spellpower im missing on her.

    In addition to the spellpower/crit nerfs coming they are also making springs resurgence no longer able to target self, which drastically affects both these builds as well.

    Ill post a pic of the next builds megacrits if I can lvl him to 25 and max out the right destinies b4 further nerfs.





    2nd pic is all non crits, 2 aura tics, 1 energyblast, no saves on ee orange named sobrien solo.
    Last edited by 01000010; 06-01-2013 at 12:28 PM.

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,710

    Default I should add

    These crits are solo crits, no sorc savant awaken elemental weakness or monk dark elemental debuffs, so I suppose I could get higher crits in the right group or if I were just out for an insane screenshot.

    I might just do that with the build im leveling now just for the fun of it.

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,710

    Default edit post?

    Does anyone elses edit post never work at all?

    Anyhow, looking at the screenshot I realize that I was in summer stance for a loss of 30 spellpower total in cold, doh. Oh well, crits high enough to get point across I think.

  4. #4
    Community Member Thrudh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    17,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post
    The following builds are a great example of exactly how DEVASTATING sweeping changes to the game can be to a build.
    Those builds are a great example WHY they are getting "nerfed to oblivion"

    Thank you for proving the devs right.

    And no, my edit post button doesn't work either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

  5. #5
    Community Member AlmGhandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w
    Posts
    224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    And no, my edit post button doesn't work either.
    I have to right click and open in new tab or window in order to be able to edit...
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

  6. #6
    The Hatchery danotmano1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The rainy side of earth
    Posts
    4,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post
    Does anyone elses edit post never work at all?

    Anyhow, looking at the screenshot I realize that I was in summer stance for a loss of 30 spellpower total in cold, doh. Oh well, crits high enough to get point across I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Those builds are a great example WHY they are getting "nerfed to oblivion"

    Thank you for proving the devs right.

    And no, my edit post button doesn't work either.
    Try right clicking on the edit post button and open it in a new window. Just learned this today in another thread.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

    Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,710

    Default yeah

    In order to achieve crits like these you have to do a balancing act, there are certainly things you give up. You think nerfing spellcrits is the answer to some people being able to design builds others haven't? Or play otherwise seemingly gimped builds in a manner others cant?

    Ive looked at the new enhancement pass and theres plenty of builds that are gonna be super powerful after that, just not the same ones.

    That's the point really, nerfing is just an idiotic cycle. Theres always another angle.

  8. #8
    Community Member ThePrincipal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    770

    Default

    That is clearly not WAI and should be fixed. Fixing is not nerfing.

  9. #9
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    20,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Those builds are a great example WHY they are getting "nerfed to oblivion"

    Thank you for proving the devs right.

    And no, my edit post button doesn't work either.
    Nerfs to entire classes should not be based on the 1-2% min max well planned stars aligned build in another stars aligned vulnerable to element encounter with all multipliers applied, who took a screenshot of one of the megacrits they were able to land when pluto was in the seventh house on an odd day saturday in an even month during a blue harvest moon during an eclipse.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post
    [...]

    Ive looked at the new enhancement pass and theres plenty of builds that are gonna be super powerful after that, just not the same ones.

    [...]
    That's why I said in that meeting bringing up reactor builds that can basically get free maximize and free empower and telll them to table up what's IS supposed to stack and what is NOT.

    Of course, there is the streamroll build which basically has double strike at 100% if they don't ever fix the stacking issues.

    With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,710

    Default Wai

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Nerfs to entire classes should not be based on the 1-2% min max well planned stars aligned build in another stars aligned vulnerable to element encounter with all multipliers applied, who took a screenshot of one of the megacrits they were able to land when pluto was in the seventh house on an odd day saturday in an even month during a blue harvest moon during an eclipse.
    Well, there were two 25K+ crits in that screenshot, but yeah, vulnerable, so normal crits only 15kish. Builds have a few attacks that can do damage like that all with cooldowns, some with limited uses, others circumstantial etc.

    This is the same build that I was downright harassed about by people saying it was worthless not long ago.

    This was WAI, its just a complex build that has an unusual min/max strategy. Spell Crits should not be nerfed, saying this build is good reason for spell crits to be nerfed its exactly like saying maxed out crit multipliers barbs are reason to negate melee crits, its ignorant.

    Barbs sacrifice a lot for those crazy crits, so do these builds.

  12. #12
    Community Member Kalimah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,000

    Default

    On first thought you'd be like OH MY THATS HORRIBLE. But then you fight a boss with 175K health and you think ok maybe not so bad

  13. #13
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Nerfs to entire classes should not be based on the 1-2% min max well planned stars aligned build in another stars aligned vulnerable to element encounter with all multipliers applied, who took a screenshot of one of the megacrits they were able to land when pluto was in the seventh house on an odd day saturday in an even month during a blue harvest moon during an eclipse.
    Sorry but this is a terrible analogy.

    A blue harvest moon is the second full moon in September which is the 9th month and since the 9th month is never even you are saying that it never happens when clearly it does.

    For the record the next blue harvest moon is September 30th 2031.

    /end smartassery =P

  14. #14
    Community Member Eilierie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post
    This is the same build that I was downright harassed about by people saying it was worthless not long ago.
    Ummm.... you said this build was going to smash EE and you are in a level 9 quest.....

  15. #15
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,710

    Default ummm...

    Quote Originally Posted by Eilierie View Post
    Ummm.... you said this build was going to smash EE and you are in a level 9 quest.....
    OOH, you got me, this build can only solo lvl 9 quests... 7-13k non crits and 15-30k crits are totally useless on EE.

    Really? If you try real hard im sure you can figure out why i chose that quest to show extremes. And when i chose it i thought to myself that some bright guy would surely accuse me of being gimp because im testing vulnerability crits in a low level dungeon, lol, thanks for coming through for me man.

    Few days ago i asked how many hitpoints sorjek has on ee now, because i was going to show how fast he goes down with a few of these crits, and no, he doesnt make the saves.

    I said i could solo EE on this character, after a barrage of accusations that the build would be useless. I can, and it isnt. Does that mean this is the strongest build ever? Nope, not even strongest build ive made, but its a lotta fun and it can solo almost anything, like a lot of my builds.

    I rarely actually solo ee, just because its time consuming and i dont find it enjoyable, but its not out of reach for any build with survivability and good dps, this build has both.

  16. #16
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post
    OOH, you got me, this build can only solo lvl 9 quests... 7-13k non crits and 15-30k crits are totally useless on EE.

    Really? If you try real hard im sure you can figure out why i chose that quest to show extremes. And when i chose it i thought to myself that some bright guy would surely accuse me of being gimp because im testing vulnerability crits in a low level dungeon, lol, thanks for coming through for me man.

    Few days ago i asked how many hitpoints sorjek has on ee now, because i was going to show how fast he goes down with a few of these crits, and no, he doesnt make the saves.

    I said i could solo EE on this character, after a barrage of accusations that the build would be useless. I can, and it isnt. Does that mean this is the strongest build ever? Nope, not even strongest build ive made, but its a lotta fun and it can solo almost anything, like a lot of my builds.

    I rarely actually solo ee, just because its time consuming and i dont find it enjoyable, but its not out of reach for any build with survivability and good dps, this build has both.
    First of all, nice crit and overall nice showing of how it is possible to push spell power to the limit. But in all honesty, this is pretty much what this is all about. If you wanna even try to argue that energy burst is a viable tactic to solo EEs well... i'm not gonna bite that.

    Too bad this is more about proving a point than showing what can be done but still, cool stuff and impressive numbers.
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

    ...And then there was silence

  17. #17
    Community Member WruntJunior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    3,126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post
    OOH, you got me, this build can only solo lvl 9 quests... 7-13k non crits and 15-30k crits are totally useless on EE.

    Really? If you try real hard im sure you can figure out why i chose that quest to show extremes. And when i chose it i thought to myself that some bright guy would surely accuse me of being gimp because im testing vulnerability crits in a low level dungeon, lol, thanks for coming through for me man.

    Few days ago i asked how many hitpoints sorjek has on ee now, because i was going to show how fast he goes down with a few of these crits, and no, he doesnt make the saves.

    I said i could solo EE on this character, after a barrage of accusations that the build would be useless. I can, and it isnt. Does that mean this is the strongest build ever? Nope, not even strongest build ive made, but its a lotta fun and it can solo almost anything, like a lot of my builds.

    I rarely actually solo ee, just because its time consuming and i dont find it enjoyable, but its not out of reach for any build with survivability and good dps, this build has both.
    HP/SP blurred. Damage is not overly impressive (especially since, for all we know, you have sense weakness twisted, and used the ability on a helpless enemy - that's 80% more damage, and it's ALREADY hitting an enemy that takes extra cold damage, and who knows what other debuffs were applied) considering it's an ability with considerable cooldown, and factors of the situation are unknown.

    There is nothing in that post that leaves any impression other than you can kill EE Sobrien or equivalent EE fire giants or the like fairly easily, much less solo an EE, when you refuse to post any real information about your build. Even more so, the question of whether or not your DCs would be effective enough to even do significant damage (assuming your build can otherwise put out the damage) is questionable, especially since you seem to think a low-level quest is the best place for a proof-of-concept screenshot (rather than even an EH quest, if not EE).

    In other words, put up or shut up.

    Edit: Just so it's clear, I'm talking from the position of someone who has soloed EE content - just having a good burst won't do it for you. Do a video or a good screenshot (no re-entries or deaths, even on something easy like EE Troll Lair) and people may actually listen to what you say.
    Last edited by WruntJunior; 05-31-2013 at 09:53 PM.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

  18. #18
    Community Member Eilierie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post
    OOH, you got me, this build can only solo lvl 9 quests... 7-13k non crits and 15-30k crits are totally useless on EE.

    Really? If you try real hard im sure you can figure out why i chose that quest to show extremes. And when i chose it i thought to myself that some bright guy would surely accuse me of being gimp because im testing vulnerability crits in a low level dungeon, lol, thanks for coming through for me man.

    Few days ago i asked how many hitpoints sorjek has on ee now, because i was going to show how fast he goes down with a few of these crits, and no, he doesnt make the saves.

    I said i could solo EE on this character, after a barrage of accusations that the build would be useless. I can, and it isnt. Does that mean this is the strongest build ever? Nope, not even strongest build ive made, but its a lotta fun and it can solo almost anything, like a lot of my builds.

    I rarely actually solo ee, just because its time consuming and i dont find it enjoyable, but its not out of reach for any build with survivability and good dps, this build has both.
    panties in a twist much ?

    I didn't say anything other than what you said in another thread.

    Big whoop I can take my first life pure sorc and crit like that in low level content.

  19. #19
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,710

    Default since you said it so nicely

    Have i not proven you wrong lately? Im losing track.

    Sure runt, ill post a screenshot of soloing ee troll lair, but since id have ti go out of my way, and itll take time away from leveling my current project i have some conditions.

    If i post a ss of soloing troll lair, then you must defend every multiclass build you see on these forums. At the very least you must reply:

    "i can solo elite with flavor of the month simple builds, but some of the multiclass builds are too complex for me to comprehend, let alone play, who knows, this build might
    Rock1!"

    So, put up or shut up.

    Eili, sure, im all for you posting that screenshot, your gonna have to debuff each one to even come close tho, little more time consuming than what i did, on ee you could get killed trying to debuff a while group so you could have comparable burst damage to this build, lol. And then theres the fact that this build can get those kind of numbers in 2 elements.

    So thank runt for the ultamatum, put up or shutup.

  20. #20
    Community Member AlmGhandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w
    Posts
    224

    Default

    And there was me hoping to find some interesting Information that is maybe useful until things get changed.
    What was I thinking!
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload