Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default So, is spellpower/crit multiplier all working again?

other than the -3% arcane crit chance nerf so far, is everything else still intact?

someone mentioned that maybe crit multiplier wasnt right, possibly due to deactivation of lore, any truth to that?

Transparency?

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post
    other than the -3% arcane crit chance nerf so far, is everything else still intact?

someone mentioned that maybe crit multiplier wasnt right, possibly due to deactivation of lore, any truth to that?

Transparency?
    General chat on Thel would indicate that nope, still utterly borked.

Default Numbers

Good question time for some play testing!!!!
    ashlick , bizkit, boobooface, breeewind, breunorson, crystalin, dreamless, drunkenorc, earthborn, elation, elazibeth, firesavant, ftwjust, gabrrielle, hiting, idelisa, inactive,jessamyne, keeblerorc,keighra, killia, layniebug, lmyc, mealltach, nicholete, ravinclaws, sapphiire, tairrdelbach, teenny

Not from my limited testing.
    There is no free lunch.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Spell critical chance and critical damage multiplier clearly displayed on the character sheet for each type would be an idea.

Why didn't we think of that before?

Oh wait, we did, and we keep bringing it up.

Bundle that into the UI for the next patch or the Expansion and you will make a lot of people happy ..... until they realise that at the last draft of the enhancements there are no enhancements to increase critical damage multiplier. Ah well, at least it will be crystal clear that caster crits have been royally reamed.

Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post

Transparency?
    MCL are applying correctly now. Spell power is also correct. Critical chances and multipliers are not.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdinus7 View Post
    MCL are applying correctly now. Spell power is also correct. Critical chances and multipliers are not.
    Why do I still feel nerfed then?
    I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just gonna ask 'em where they're going, and hook up with 'em later on.

- Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbelklik View Post
    The critical multipliers and chances not working is a large drop in the total damage output for most caster builds. Right now, you may have on the order of a 10% chance to deal double damage, meaning you get a 10% increase in damage from criticals. Before, if you were specced and geared for it, you had a 22% chance to deal 2.75 times the normal damage - 38.5% more damage from criticals.

That means that if you consider you old damage to be 100%, then you are currently dealing 79.4%. Losing 20% of your damage output is probably enough to make you feel nerfed.

It was even worse before 18.1 - if you were a sorcerer or using the draconic incarnation destiny.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbelklik View Post
    Hey, at least we have this: "Armor Appearance Kits are once again visible on warforged characters."

I would feel better, but my cleric is not a WF.

No they are not. Items are not granting their bonuses IMHO, so we are losing 12% Spell chance crit and 0.50 spell crit damage + 3% Spell crit chance from the enhancement.

No Dev response in my thread about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

yar, base spell dmg sucks. Well at least for anything past lv 18 and not on norm. The real meat and potatoes comes when you have that 250 dmg turn into 900 to 1100 dmg. Especially as far as your main burst dmg destinies are concerned. I mean your looking at thousands of dmg loss from those.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

We are still working on some issues relating to spell criticals and related enhancement text.

Community Member

Well, actually all they said in the release notes is that MCL is fixed for projectile spells. I'm not sure what that means. I have a guildie who uses lightning bolt, and he says his damage is still about 40% of what it used to be on non-crit bolts. If Vargouille is still reading this, should I tell him to bug report this, or is lightning bolt NOT a projectile spell and therefore not fixed yet?
    Last edited by BDog77; 05-31-2013 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BDog77 View Post
    Well, actually all they said in the release notes is that MCL is fixed for projectile spells. I'm not sure what that means. I have a guildie who uses lightning bolt, and he says his damage is still about 40% of what it used to be on non-crit bolts. If Vargouille is still reading this, should I tell him to bug report this, or is lightning bolt NOT a projectile spell and therefore not fixed yet?
    Odd. My lightning bolt is correct now. If your friend still has the same gear, destiny, and enhancements, then he should bug report it if his non-critical lightning bolts are wrong. Critical ones will still be low damage, however.

Community Member

Default yeah

I thought the release notes were pretty funny personally, saying something specific has ben fixed with only certain types of spells when there are multiple problems with many spells is setting your bar pretty low.

Its gonna get worse b4 it gets better i fear with the enhancement pass coming up, if it gets better at some point that is.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We are still working on some issues relating to spell criticals and related enhancement text.
    Haha...that totally reads "We changed it, now it's working as we want it but we forgot to change the text in the enhancements. So it's a bug until the text changes."

Should have expected it.

Can you confirm what the expected end result is? We're clearly not getting the crit rate we should be based on the currently expected values and the enhancement preview did seem like we should be expecting a reduced crit rate coming up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    a powerful ally able to play in any role that the group needs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zonbLF-NMZg

Community Member

Good. Good for you. Revert it all to how it worked during u17. No more needless ninja nerfs, please.

They half-a$$ed it so right now we just have the crit adjusted but not the gear or the rest of the enhancements that are supposed to make it all complete. Magical training is supposed to help out with this but all it got was a facelift.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...e5#post4979973

It will get worse before it gets better...

+3 DoOm

Can we expect a hotfix for this as soon as you solve the issue? The next patch is scheduled for later in june, that means we are supposed to park our casters for 2-3 more weeks? Casters are still unplayable, no matter if you fixed MCL already. No crits = No dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast