Default is the New Expansion comming for pre order on Steam?

Can't figure out where to post this. But here looks good?.

i want to buy the COLLECTOR'S EDITION and Legendary Upgrade but on my steam account just like i bought all the other stuff.

Is this gonna happen?

Reguards.
    Darizzen

Quote Originally Posted by Darizzen View Post
    Can't figure out where to post this. But here looks good?.

i want to buy the COLLECTOR'S EDITION and Legendary Upgrade but on my steam account just like i bought all the other stuff.

Is this gonna happen?

Reguards.
    Darizzen
    You can purchase these items in the DDO Market, and then apply the codes to your account. It'll then be available to you. The DDO Market is currently the only place where these items can be purchased.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Thumbs down Digital River is no longer Handling Turbine Purchase...

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    You can purchase these items in the DDO Market, and then apply the codes to your account. It'll then be available to you. The DDO Market is currently the only place where these items can be purchased.

Where can we buy it now? I just checked with DDO Market, was redirected to Digital River. Coughed up all my info to be declined. Contacted Digital River and they are no longer handling Billing for Turbine. Now I have been on the phone waiting on a rep for 45 minutes.

In the past, Steam purchases of this nature can have complications occasionally.
    Quote Originally Posted by pandora666 View Post
    Where can we buy it now? I just checked with DDO Market, was redirected to Digital River. Coughed up all my info to be declined. Contacted Digital River and they are no longer handling Billing for Turbine. Now I have been on the phone waiting on a rep for 45 minutes.
    http://www.ddo.com/en/shadowfell/

Looks like that redirects to digital river.
    Are you sure digital river is no longer working with turbine?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    In the past, Steam purchases of this nature can have complications occasionally.

http://www.ddo.com/en/shadowfell/
    As an interesting side note, if you click Silver's link above, it redirects to store.digitalriver.com.
    However, if you go to ddo.com, and then click Store -> DDO Market, it sends you to store.turbine.com

It looks the same in every aspect except for that. (Added the expansion to the cart from store.turbine.com from the main ddo.com site, then clicked silver's link) Perhaps try from there? (I didn't complete the transaction as I'm still on the fence about purchasing.)
    Remember the little people, if for no other reason than to better savor the squishy sound they make as you roll over them.

Cleric, Rogue, UMD - Because Grease Clickies Have Consequences.
    There are no bad builds, only Characters with High End-Game Mule Potential.

Having the same problem. made a post about it and got no help....

Please consider allowing future packs to be sold through Steam. Both the DDO in game system and digital river are not friendly to non-US buyers. Steam is. And MOTU and other packs are already being sold through Steam so the process is in place.

Turbine gets paid, and we get our stuff. Win win.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by eachna_gislin View Post
    Please consider allowing future packs to be sold through Steam. Both the DDO in game system and digital river are not friendly to non-US buyers. Steam is. And MOTU and other packs are already being sold through Steam so the process is in place.

Turbine gets paid, and we get our stuff. Win win.
    My guess is digital river takes a smaller cut than steam so they want to get as many sales that way as they can before opening it up to other options.

That or their contract with digital river includes a certain length of time with exclusive sale rights that has not expired yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    My guess is digital river takes a smaller cut than steam so they want to get as many sales that way as they can before opening it up to other options.

That or their contract with digital river includes a certain length of time with exclusive sale rights that has not expired yet.
    I understand that it can be either of those situations, or others as well.

It doesn't change that Digital River is not friendly to non-US buyers. Some people have to either wait, or put themselves at risk of fraud in order to get the pack.

Steam is very friendly to non-American buyers and they offer other packs Turbine has available so the infrastructure is in place.

They can take my advice or ignore it. I'm simply providing useful feedback. There is a viable, buying market for offering preorder packs through Steam.

Unhappy

Would be nice if ddo had more to do with Steam :'( been using steam forever its what brought me to this game without steam would of never known this game existed. their summer sale could of brought more people to this game I bet ; if ddo would be more active in the Steam community.
    A drunk is in front of a judge. The judge says, 'You've been brought here for drinking.' The drunk says, 'Okay, let's get started.

The difference between genius and stupidity is: genius has its limits.

Digital River is reviled throughout the interwebs for their shoddy service (declining charges, and sometimes even charging people for things they didn't buy) and beyond-abysmal customer support.

I have an immense amount of trouble buying stuff on the DDO Market, and I do live in the US. I wholeheartedly support that Turbine needs to figure out some kind of agreement with Steam.

I mean, I've never encountered someone who was more difficult to GIVE MY GODDAMN MONEY TO than Digital River.