Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default u18 patch 1: no fix on owlbear?

very disappointed i must say... several friend are still waiting for this to decide buying this expansion or not... oh well.. if turbine don't want their cash, i guess there are not too much need to fix it right away...

p.s. just test it again.. exact same result.. also notice a trip icon on his command bar.. tried on some cr 23~24 monster with low reflex save..so far none succeed.. it seem this bear have no armor nor dodge.. i wonder is that wai
    Last edited by burningwind; 05-30-2013 at 04:45 PM.

Default I hope the Owlbear is fixed too

The sole reason I purchased the legendary upgrade was for the owlbear hirelings. I started playing right after MoTU, and missed out on the opportunity to get the panther.

I know Tolero has posted the hOwlbear's, Panther's, and eOwlbear's (intended?) stats, but I have seen no information from the Devs if the Owlbears are WAI or not. I would sure like to know.

Since I have already pre-purchased the expansion, I have no leverage other than to say I hope the Owlbears end up respectively powerful (based on their levels) to the Panther.

Edit: Paste of Tolero's post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    So a couple things on the Owlbear:

I'll put this out here just to rule it out: make sure you are summoning the right level Owlbear. Two Owlbears hirelings are provided, one level 17 and one epic level. The icons look the same and it's possible to have mixed them up as a result (especially if your 2nd owlbear ended up on the next tab of your inventory).

Otherwise, the Epic Owlbear's current stats are:
    200 Physical Resistance Rating
    DR 15/-
    Death Ward
    Heavy Fortification
    20% Acid damage absorption
    20% electric absorption
    20% cold absorption
    20% fire absorption
    30% healing amplification

Ability score wise, compared to the lower level owlbear and panther:
    Level 25 Owlbear
    STR 91 DEX 38 CON 53 INT 12 WIS 20 CHA 14

Level 17 Owlbear
    STR 61 DEX 28 CON 38 INT 12 WIS 18 CHA 14

Level 20 Panther
    STR 34 DEX 23 CON 34 INT 10 WIS 19 CHA 14

and base attack damage breaks out like so:
    Level 25 Owlbear: 10d6
    Level 17 Owlbear: 5d6
    Level 20 Panther: 3d6

Hope this helps to clarify!
    Last edited by Ravand; 05-30-2013 at 07:07 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravand View Post
    The sole reason I purchased the legendary upgrade was for the owlbear hirelings. I started playing right after MoTU, and missed out on the opportunity to get the panther.

I know Cordovan has posted the hOwlbear's, Panther's, and eOwlbear's (intended?) stats, but I have seen no information from the Devs if the Owlbears are WAI or not. I would sure like to know.

Since I have already pre-purchased the expansion, I have no leverage other than to say I hope the Owlbears end up respectively powerful (based on their levels) to the Panther.
    The stats of the owlbear are impressive.

The performance is woeful.

They won't fix it. They can't even make the launcher work properly after an update, how are they going to make in game things work properly??

I know Cordovan has posted the hOwlbear's, Panther's, and eOwlbear's (intended?) stats, but I have seen no information from the Devs if the Owlbears are WAI or not. I would sure like to know.

sad thing to let you know.. the panther aren't much good now.. they buff all hireling a while ago.. and panther is left out.. so it is not longer what you heard of ..

p.s. this is the reward for buying the expansion.. i have fell for it once, and now i fell for it twice.. but i will make sure it will not be a third time.

Quote Originally Posted by burningwind View Post
    sad thing to let you know.. the panther aren't much good now.. they buff all hireling a while ago.. and panther is left out.. so it is not longer what you heard of ..

p.s. this is the reward for buying the expansion.. i have fell for it once, and now i fell for it twice.. but i will make sure it will not be a third time.
    The patch focused on bugs that broke existing characters and quests.

While the owlbear performance may be underwhelming, it isn't really a critical bug that I would expect them to fix in the first patch.

THIS!

All of us that pre-purchased the Owlbear have zero leverage. The only thing we can do is let others know how much the Owlbear sucks... and hopefully they will increase it's effectiveness after they see that the negative feedback is hurting sales of the legendary upgrade.

It would be nice to at least see an acknowledgement that the Owlbear's 200PRR is broken.
    Dorian

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    THIS!

All of us that pre-purchased the Owlbear have zero leverage. The only thing we can do is let others know how much the Owlbear sucks... and hopefully they will increase it's effectiveness after they see that the negative feedback is hurting sales of the legendary upgrade.

It would be nice to at least see an acknowledgement that the Owlbear's 200PRR is broken.

Can you purchase the expansion and then purchase the upgrade with the Owlbear later?

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    The patch focused on bugs that broke existing characters and quests.

While the owlbear performance may be underwhelming, it isn't really a critical bug that I would expect them to fix in the first patch.
    Can we at least get a statement that it is not "working as intended"?

It would help people deciding if they should pre-order or not with the legendary upgrade.
    Dorian

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default Panther has not been put on sale that I know of

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    Can you purchase the expansion and then purchase the upgrade with the Owlbear later?
    AFAIK, the Panther has never been for sale in the store. Since I own it, I don't look for it though.

You have to buy the expansion by some time in August to get the owlbear. If you buy by June 3, just changed to June 5, you can get in the BETA testing. Provided Lamannia is up and running.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Actually never mind I think I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Satyriasys; 05-30-2013 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    AFAIK, the Panther has never been for sale in the store. Since I own it, I don't look for it though.

You have to buy the expansion by some time in August to get the owlbear. If you buy by June 3, just changed to June 5, you can get in the BETA testing. Provided Lamannia is up and running.
    In fact, I don't think any permanent gold seal hirelings have ever been on sale in the store.

So far the promise not to sell the exclusive panther in the store has been kept.
    The Old Timers Guild
    www.oldtimersguild.com
    >> Open to the Public! <<
    Founder #2231
    PROUD MEMBER OF MOURNLANDS

Quote Originally Posted by AnubisPrime View Post
    In fact, I don't think any permanent gold seal hirelings have ever been on sale in the store.

So far the promise not to sell the exclusive panther in the store has been kept.
    there is one.. a perm gold seal cleric.. low level though.. including in the starter pack. but anywayz.. golden seal shouldn't be inferior then their level, or their requirement level.. or...anything three level below their requirement level.. either way..

Brand / Commerce Team QuartermasterX's Avatar

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by burningwind View Post
    very disappointed i must say... several friend are still waiting for this to decide buying this expansion or not...
    We are looking at making some improvements to the owlbear with U18.2.

P.S. - I want a more powerful epic Owlbear as much as you all!

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post

I think you don't understand. Tolero said it has 200 PRR and it has been tested not to have 200 PRR. Therefore it is BROKEN. Not a matter of what we want...

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ted-PRR-Bugged

This is great news!

Thanks for the update.
    Dorian

Yes! Thank you!

While I appreciate the comment about improvements in the future my thoughts are this.

If it would have been done right the first time, that time spent on improving it now, could have been spent on something else.
    I remember a time long long ago, where it actually seemed like updates were double checked and triple checked to make sure it worked right.
    Now a days it seems like everything is thrown out as fast as possible with no checking. And then more time is spent FIXING the clustermucked update then the actual time spent on creating it.

Community Member

Thank you!

Thx... will have sweet dreams tonight of epic battles with my trusty sidekick owlbear doing some cunning moves.
    Here's on hoping it gets something better then great cleave and cleave.

One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.

While I'm at it, the owlbear seems not to be able to use the rest shrine.

Resurrect works but no animation is shown.

One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast