Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    That's pretty silly. It's Turbine's fault that people are jerks?

That's like blaming forks for people being overweight, or a knife for a murder.

I hate to tell you, but it's people taking this game way too seriously that cause them to be jerks.
    Legend lives require a lot of xp and either pay items, tomes, potions ext, or massive farming.

Potions have timers so the best use is to zerg like mad.

There is an xp penalty if a group member dies

You are given an incentive not to play with new players, and if you were running a potion and a new player does something to hurt your completion time that new player just cost you money.

I'm not saying it's right to be a jerk, but the system that's in place encourages it.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Legend lives require a lot of xp and either pay items, tomes, potions ext, or massive farming.

Potions have timers so the best use is to zerg like mad.

There is an xp penalty if a group member dies

You are given an incentive not to play with new players, and if you were running a potion and a new player does something to hurt your completion time that new player just cost you money.

I'm not saying it's right to be a jerk, but the system that's in place encourages it.
    What would be the solution you propose?

Doing away with the pots? Making a 2-fold game where a TR does Play on other instances than 1st-livers?

Of course the best solution would be an option on quest start if the potions should be counted and runnin or if no pots are used and the timer is on hold... Implementation will be a nightmare, given the state of code.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestroy View Post
    What would be the solution you propose?

Doing away with the pots? Making a 2-fold game where a TR does Play on other instances than 1st-livers?

Of course the best solution would be an option on quest start if the potions should be counted and runnin or if no pots are used and the timer is on hold... Implementation will be a nightmare, given the state of code.
    Death penalty is personal only or eliminated with the 10% bonus added into base xp.

Moving Legend life xp to that of 2cnd life and putting second life between those two numbers. The xp curve is a massive part of why people get bent out of shape, lowering it would do wonders and wouldn't hurt new players like their attempt to help with bravery bonus did.

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Default Gotcha Covered Good Buddy with Space Unicorn!

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    Again, I think there needs to be a rule - maybe passed by a UN council - that forbids posting on forms with negativity in mind. All posting on forums should be nothing but stroking one another on how great everything is, and how great we all are.

We are swell. DDO is swell-er. There is no such thing as lag. I like the fact that it looks like I'm shamelessly humping a ladder and never getting to the top.

Unicorns, rainbows, and My Little Ponies all around!!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    LMAO.

Reminds me of so many fanbois when they post on these forums.

I started playing pretty soon after the FTP/Premium option was introduced. I started as FTP to check the game out and now own all content except U18. I think the biggest change in the community is the lack of new players entering the game. When I started, most of the forum threads were people asking questions and getting them answered. I spent at least 1/4 of my DDO time on the forums just to get information to make me a better player. Now I know all the basics. Everybody does. The friendly posts answering questions aren't there anymore because the questions aren't there anymore. The new login system also doesn't help. In the old days, if a question was asked and answered, a lot of people would chime in and agree so that the OP knew he was getting good info. With the new system, there's no way I'm gong to go to all the trouble of logging in and finding the thread again just to +1.Turbine also doesn't appear to understand what they did right and wrong. They allowed combat to completely get away from them to the point that player characters have a small fraction of the HP a mob does, but then do many times the damage the same mob does. AC became so broken that they flushed the entire old system and started fresh with an almost entirely new system. They complain that they need to make staying pure worth it, but they completely broke the FVS capstone by making it worth much less than PRR, saves from a pally splash, and introducing widely available items with DR10/Good (Mabar cloack). Things that were working well, like the enhancement system, they threw away even though no one asked for that. I though that trees were a great idea until I knew what Turbine meant. I thought it meant I would be able to see all the prereqs leading to FB I. Instead, they just trashed the old enhancement system and put this whatever it is out there. Maybe it will be decent, but they really should have done what they promised for years, which is 3 full 6/12/18 PREs per class.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123