Thread: DDO Bonus Days!

Default DDO Bonus Days!

DDO Bonus Days brings you +15% Guild Renown, now through June 2nd!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Angry Seriously???

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DDO Bonus Days brings you +15% Guild Renown, now through June 2nd!

This is what you're offering today for the headache caused by your undereducated technicians who choose to rush thru everything and make us, the paying consumer suffer? That's ridiculous! What about the people who choose not to be in a guild, where is their incentive to continue paying. You guys need to get it together and start releasing quality products or you're going to start losing customers. +15% Guild renown for 2 days is a slap in the face to folks like myself who have dumped hundreds of dollars and 7 years into a failing system. Cordovan, I remember when you still played the game and it meant something to you, now that you're working there, maybe you don't see it from the players side of the screen... Get it together or thin out your herd and start hiring people who know what the (Fill in the Blank) they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by pandora666 View Post
    This is what you're offering today for the headache caused .
    No, this is one of the rotating weekly bonuses they announce almost every Thursday for several months. You new to the game?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    No, this is one of the rotating weekly bonuses they announce almost every Thursday for several months. You new to the game?
    These words are so awesome, they deserve to be in the thread more than once.

As folks above stated, this bonus was scheduled prior to today's patching issues.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Thanks for the announcement Cordovan!

/runsandhidesfromguildrenowndecayduringdowntime threads
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrddinman View Post

/runsandhidesfromguildrenowndecayduringdowntime threads
    Every time a decay during downtime thread is posted they take down a random server for a crash.

/tinfoil

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Thanks for free stuff!

(Insert obligatory Remove Decay Stuff here)
    It's definitely an N-word.

Community Member

Default Far from New

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    I apologize if I posted this in the wrong place, but I was unable to get in the forums as well. So, what are they offering for their huge mistake...

This is what you're offering today for the headache caused by your undereducated technicians who choose to rush thru everything and make us, the paying consumer suffer? That's ridiculous! What about the people who choose not to be in a guild, where is their incentive to continue paying. You guys need to get it together and start releasing quality products or you're going to start losing customers. +15% Guild renown for 2 days is a slap in the face to folks like myself who have dumped hundreds of dollars and 7 years into a failing system. Cordovan, I remember when you still played the game and it meant something to you, now that you're working there, maybe you don't see it from the players side of the screen... Get it together or thin out your herd and start hiring people who know what the (Fill in the Blank) they're doing.
    Has it occurred to you that..
    1. The technicians probably are educated just fine and you are killing the messenger?
    2. Cordovan probably is just as if not MORE frustrated by the current state of the game than you are?

Imagine working on something you love and being handed something you KNOW people will hate, given 1/3 of the time you actually need to do the work, and then coming to the forums to be raged at by handfuls of people making wild accusations and calling you everything but a gentleman while your boss is standing over your shoulder making you push out things you KNOW aren't ready but have no choice to comply with?
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

I apologize if I posted this in the wrong place, but I was unable to get in the forums as well. So, what are they offering for their huge mistake...
    You think we're getting something? I see turbine hasn't crushed your soul enough yet. I'll be shocked if we get anything.

Frogs!!! We're getting Frogs

I'm not buying them unless they get wings...if they can do it with cats, they can do it with frogs
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    As folks above stated, this bonus was scheduled prior to today's patching issues.
    thanks Cordovan!

Community Member

Look, this was a HORRENDOUS case of a complete failure of QA. I have no idea how this bug could have been allowed to go to live given it was identified on Lama. Someone blew it, big time. But that said...

Let's assume for a minute that you are paying the maximum monthly fee of $15/month, or about 50cents/day, 2cents/hr.

The system, post patch, was unavailable for about 3 hours for most users until they fixed their mistake (and that is actually, that's a VERY fast turn around for a programming boo boo).

So, using the above calculations, they cost you 6 cents worth of game time. Is that what you want to be compensated for, 6 cents? Well, or 3.5 cents if you are an annual subscriber, or 0 cents if you are Premium.

A half day of down time here and there is going to happen, its even in the agreement you signed when you decided to play this game. It's not something that gets compensated for. Now when they were into multiple days like the last time they had a patch from hell, that was different. That deserved a big thank you to the players, and I think they responded well in the end (if far too slowly) on that occasion.

now that you're working there, maybe you don't see it from the players side of the screen.
    I disagree, I think he is more in tune with how the player base feels. And you don't know what his in-game play is (nor do I)

As for the rest of your post,

wuaahhh
    Last edited by ferd; 05-31-2013 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    "I like pie. Pie is delicious." "You know, cake is better", and a sudden nerf gun war breaks out because Pie is supreme. Then someone says, "What about dinner?"