Hybrid View

Post Spell Critical Damage is still not using lore items or enhancements

So I've got a 22nd level sorc with superior lore items and enhancements maxxed on electricity, that is supposed to be 125% extra spell damage on spell crits. The superior lore item I beleive was supposed to be 50% extra damage. since update 18 they have stopped LORE ITEMS and enhancements from working. Now max crit damage is just 100% more damage. I should be doing at least 275% more spell damage on crits from enhancements and lore items.

I'm doing 530 damage now on averate since update 18 version 1, with crits being 1 K, it should be closer to 3 k in damage.

Obviously since lore items and enhancements aren't working, I'm spell critting alot less also. I should be critting 12% more often from lore item {spell crit chance}, and 12% from enhancements. not this 6% nonsense the text is showing from enhancements. My spell chance seems to be about 5%, maybe less. Its a noticable difference when your not critting 1/4th of your spells like you should be.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ermin_Sivarch View Post
    Now max crit damage is just 100% more damage. I should be doing at least 275% more spell damage on crits from enhancements and lore items.
    Lowering spell critical damage to just x2 was one of the (as stated in the Lamannia Q&A) design decisions made for the future of casters. It seems we have simply realized this future before the anticipated date of the Enhancement Trees going live.

If this is intended then they should remove all lore items and enhancements that do spell crit damage or spell crit chance.

If this is intended then they should remove all lore items and enhancements that do spell crit damage or spell crit chance.
    They plan to. As well as removing many of the other spell power enhancements you have now.

Community Member

Yes, that is the plan. At least in regard to spell critical damage, spell critical chance increases still exist in some form.

EDIT: And because it did not seem extremely clear in what I had posted before; These are changes that they have said they intend to implement in the upcoming Enhancement Trees. The fact that it is on live now is likely a mistake. Although how a software developer's Version Control gets messed up to the point that these kind of things can happen by accident is beyond me....
    Last edited by ForumAccess; 05-30-2013 at 03:43 PM.

Yes, because Shiradi is so overpowered for casters, they're going to nerf casters in general. Typical turbine thinking. Casters have a hard enough time in end-game with their DC's, now they're taking away their damage, too.

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    Yes, because Shiradi is so overpowered for casters, they're going to nerf casters in general. Typical turbine thinking. Casters have a hard enough time in end-game with their DC's, now they're taking away their damage, too.
    Time to petition for melee to only get 2x crit, sigh, the nerf petition game on the forums drives me nuts. People think that anything that is better than what they can do is op and try to get it nerfed.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    This irony is that lowering crits and even spellpower will affect shiradi casters the least of any casters, as has been thoroughly discussed elsewhere on the forums. They don't rely on crits, raw spellpower, or high DCs, just a ton of extra proc effects.

As such, I don't think it's the Shiradi thing driving the caster nerf. It's that sorcs are God Mode (yes, less so in epic content for sure, but heroic? No question). Not defending the nerf, just trying to make sense of it. If they really, really wanted to 'balance' character classes (a dubious goal, in my opinion), they could just delete the sorc savants. The last class that needed cheap, insanely powerful spell-like abilities and boosts to DCs got them in spades. On the other hand, they're proposing to nerf cleric and palemaster DCs and spell penetration, which would make them pretty much unplayable offensively (except as Shiradis!) in high-level content. That is, unless they're planning to lower the saving throws of every mob in the game--not something I've heard is in the works! It's all very strange, and Turbine's idea of what the game 'should be' makes little sense to me.