If you previously patched your game client to Update 18 Patch 1 prior to today's (5/30/13) fix at 3:00 PM Eastern, then you will need to take an additional step in order to be able to log into the game. The following workaround should also fix any players stuck in a "running loop" scenario with their game log in. Players currently experiencing a "running loop" issue with their game launcher will also need to reboot their computer, and perhaps manually shut down their game launcher, before taking the following steps:
- Click on the Windows "Start" button and choose Computer/My Computer from the list.
(Windows 8 users: swipe in from the right and click into "Search" then type "C:\" (no quotes) and hit enter, then skip to step 3 below.)
- In there double-click on your C: drive (may display as "Local Disk C")
- Double-click on Program Files (note: if you see "Program Files (x86)" double-click on that one instead)
- In that folder double-click on the Turbine folder and then the Dungeons & Dragons Online folder
(Steam users: double-click on "Steam" > "Steamapps" > "Common" then the Dungeons and Dragons Online folder in there)
- Open the Backup folder
- Copy the entire contents of your backup folder (Ctrl + A to highlight all, Ctrl + C to copy)
- Go back to the Dungeons & Dragons Online program folder (Click the Back button in the upper left corner of the folder window) and press Ctrl + V to paste, choosing Yes to All when prompted to overwrite files.
- Upon relaunching the game (once the patch servers are back online) it should proceed to redownload the most recent patches.
Alternatively, a full re-installation of your game client would also solve this issue, although this workaround should get your client patched up without the need for a re-installation.