Ok before the explosion people lets take a deep breath and really calm down and look at this issue from all angles. BTW I DO suggest we keep our saves against monster spells (avoid coding issues by simply giving all monsters a saves debuff of 100) so we dont have to create separate spells for monsters and PCs.
First lets acknowledge the facts=
1. Monster saves have been an issue since BETA (example= wands/scrolls/clickies are useless against monsters)
2. Monster saves in current game require allot of min/maxxing to reach
3. Monster saves in epic content are often considered UNreachable, and thus ignored
4. Monster saves against combat feats ignore dex builds in addition to above
5. HUGE list of spells/items/abilities in DDO considered useless due to not being able to reach a high enough save
5. DDO at endgame has become a game where you primarily use spells/weapons/abilities/effects that have no save, because most others will fail
Now lets say we just plain did away with monster saves? Whats the worst that would happen?
I can tell you= over abuse of instant death and crowd control,
but that is easily remedied=
1. Instant death and crowd control effects receive high SP costs, but heck, they work now!
2. Monsters when hit with a crowd control effect/melee ability receive a short duration "buff" making them immune to other CC effects for X amount of time, and all CC effects can break earlier on damage (it is still possible to keep current monsters perma controlled, but not while being damaged)
3. Feats and enhancements related to crowd control decrease the likely-hood of breaking on damage.
4. Caster MAIN stats adds a percentage to this for spell CC effects, and gives a percentage of extra damage on spells (ability modifier for casters main stat= flat % increase in overall spell damage and strength of crowd control spells less likely to break on damage)
5. Now ALL melee use trip/sunder/stun etc! Work with party for characters with highest strength CC (least likely to break on damage) in order to maximize efficacy.
6. Addition of a few ranged CC effects added as feats (1 or 2 for free like melee, rest purchasable as feats)
7. Monk stunning fist increases in efficacy as monk levels increase (so everyone doesn't just splash 1 monk level for super stunning)
8. Stunning/vertigo/shattering etc. now increase efficacy abilities (monster has less chance to break CC on damage)
What this change will mean=
1. HUGE return of spell functionality to DDO (DDO has lots of spells, yet most of them are worthless)
2. Melee feats are actually USEABLE to all melee builds! (wow! I actually got a sunder off!)
3. Game more accessible to new players (they dont know which spells etc. are considered **** in current game)
4. MORE strategy in parties and epic content, NOT less!
5. Wands/scrolls/clickies are USEABLE! (gasp!)
6. MORE FUN! =)
P.S. Monsters IMMUNE to various forms of CC will remain IMMUNE
P.P.S. This change does not dumb-down DDO, rather it increases the level of strategy in DDO through totally party management of CC effects (dont forget monsters get a BUFF when hit with a CC effect, making them immune to further CC for X seconds, prioritize CCings monsters and NOT hitting them so as not to break CC, and having party members with the highest EFFICACY CC use it on the monster being beaten, so it is least likely to break)