Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Community Member pelaaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    337

    Default So... no other way to remove an augment other than burning TP?

    Question in title.

    I have an Axe of Adaxus, elite version. It had first an attached improved fire resistance and an empty red slot. I replaced the fire resistance with Improved frost and put devotion 66 into the red slot.

    ...Good to know now that it made the whole axe's ML go up to 19.

    Now I just want them removed, both. I don't care if I lose the augment items about it. I just want them wiped out, so both slots were cleared in the axe.

    Is there any non-TP way to remove the augments?
    Quote Originally Posted by amnota View Post
    Halfling thrower builds are fun.

    Of course the trick is in knowing just how to bend the halfling...otherwise they never come back.

  2. #2
    Community Member HastyPudding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pelaaja View Post
    Question in title.

    I have an Axe of Adaxus, elite version. It had first an attached improved fire resistance and an empty red slot. I replaced the fire resistance with Improved frost and put devotion 66 into the red slot.

    ...Good to know now that it made the whole axe's ML go up to 19.

    Now I just want them removed, both. I don't care if I lose the augment items about it. I just want them wiped out, so both slots were cleared in the axe.

    Is there any non-TP way to remove the augments?
    Find low level, cheap augments to fill in the slots and lower the ML back to its original? Not sure if that works, but worth a try.

  3. #3
    The Hatchery Enoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pelaaja View Post
    Question in title.

    I have an Axe of Adaxus, elite version. It had first an attached improved fire resistance and an empty red slot. I replaced the fire resistance with Improved frost and put devotion 66 into the red slot.

    ...Good to know now that it made the whole axe's ML go up to 19.

    Now I just want them removed, both. I don't care if I lose the augment items about it. I just want them wiped out, so both slots were cleared in the axe.

    Is there any non-TP way to remove the augments?
    Log out and back in. This occurred to me when I put two augments of appropriate level into a Threalian Longsword, but when I logged out and then back in later it was back to the expected ML of 12.

  4. #4
    Hero Gkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,184

    Default

    The tools are your only option, but they drop in chests too (I think I've had 2 drop so far)

  5. #5
    Community Member pelaaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    Find low level, cheap augments to fill in the slots and lower the ML back to its original? Not sure if that works, but worth a try.
    I tried it right away. Stupidly, the ML still stays at lvl 19, but the AML went from 12 to 4
    Quote Originally Posted by amnota View Post
    Halfling thrower builds are fun.

    Of course the trick is in knowing just how to bend the halfling...otherwise they never come back.

  6. #6
    Community Member pelaaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    The tools are your only option, but they drop in chests too (I think I've had 2 drop so far)
    If that's so... Goodbye to that axe.

    It's just stupid...
    Quote Originally Posted by amnota View Post
    Halfling thrower builds are fun.

    Of course the trick is in knowing just how to bend the halfling...otherwise they never come back.

  7. #7
    Community Member pelaaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    Log out and back in. This occurred to me when I put two augments of appropriate level into a Threalian Longsword, but when I logged out and then back in later it was back to the expected ML of 12.
    So... another graphical glitch? *sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by amnota View Post
    Halfling thrower builds are fun.

    Of course the trick is in knowing just how to bend the halfling...otherwise they never come back.

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,018

    Default

    Did you actually try to equip the item, and it told you you did not meet the required level? I know sometimes my crafted gear will still be "red-boxed", but when i try to equip it, it lets me.

    Also, there's no reason why it should increase to L19...no augment requires L19, so you should only see an increase in the ML if you equip a ML16, 20, or 24 augment.

    I agree, probably just a display bug and hopefully its corrected itself by now...

  9. #9
    Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Deadlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from
    Posts
    3,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pelaaja View Post
    Question in title.

    I have an Axe of Adaxus, elite version. It had first an attached improved fire resistance and an empty red slot. I replaced the fire resistance with Improved frost and put devotion 66 into the red slot.

    ...Good to know now that it made the whole axe's ML go up to 19.

    Now I just want them removed, both. I don't care if I lose the augment items about it. I just want them wiped out, so both slots were cleared in the axe.

    Is there any non-TP way to remove the augments?
    From the Known Issues:

    Items

    NEW: Placing more than one Augment on an item that has at least two Augment slots will increase the minimum level of the item erroneously. Players can log out and then log back in to correct this issue.
    If the issue is that the ML of the axe is still too high after doing this, just overwrite the augments with ML 1 augments that you should be able to pick up for peanuts from the AH.

  10. #10
    Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarlona
    Posts
    2,615

    Default Good Idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    From the Known Issues:



    If the issue is that the ML of the axe is still too high after doing this, just overwrite the augments with ML 1 augments that you should be able to pick up for peanuts from the AH.
    Excellent idea!

    Also, If you have GH you can find some nice L12 and L16 augments from trad-ins at the vendors there if you want to replace them with something higher level.

  11. #11
    Community Member PermaBanned's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pelaaja View Post
    Is there any non-TP way to remove the augments?
    Use plat & buy some kits off the AH. That's how I popped a few Vitalities out of Minos helms anyway...
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Try puttin in lower level augment.

  13. #13
    Community Member pelaaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Use plat & buy some kits off the AH. That's how I popped a few Vitalities out of Minos helms anyway...
    I'm not nowhere near buying one from AH <.< 900k, really? rather then try to farm for another


    Try puttin in lower level augment.
    I tried it right away. Stupidly, the ML still stays at lvl 19, but the AML went from 12 to 4
    Quote Originally Posted by amnota View Post
    Halfling thrower builds are fun.

    Of course the trick is in knowing just how to bend the halfling...otherwise they never come back.

  14. #14
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default

    OK, so this bug still persists. I just bought two level 8 augments for shards, put them into my level 8 dagger and...bam... level 19. So I started to google and found a post stating the level goes down again when you put lower level augments in. Tried to put in a level 4 and a level 1 (deleting my level 8s) and it was still level 19 (and no, I couldn't use the dagger).

    So I googled again and found this thread. Thought 'oh, well... a known bug, so I might qualify for a reimbursement of the augments'. On the positive side the ticket was answered within 5 minutes. On the negative side it was a copy paste job saying it's a known issue and the GMs can't provide more information.

    That's nice, but I didn't ask for more information but for a refund of my augments as it's a bloody two months old bug :P

  15. #15
    Community Member Philibusta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    'Murica!
    Posts
    1,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ophistes View Post
    OK, so this bug still persists. I just bought two level 8 augments for shards, put them into my level 8 dagger and...bam... level 19. So I started to google and found a post stating the level goes down again when you put lower level augments in. Tried to put in a level 4 and a level 1 (deleting my level 8s) and it was still level 19 (and no, I couldn't use the dagger).

    So I googled again and found this thread. Thought 'oh, well... a known bug, so I might qualify for a reimbursement of the augments'. On the positive side the ticket was answered within 5 minutes. On the negative side it was a copy paste job saying it's a known issue and the GMs can't provide more information.

    That's nice, but I didn't ask for more information but for a refund of my augments as it's a bloody two months old bug :P
    Welcome New Guy!

    "Two months old" is a little baby newborn bug, in DDO terms. There are bugs in this game that have been allowed to persist for YEARS.
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

  16. #16
    Founder
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ophistes View Post
    OK, so this bug still persists. I just bought two level 8 augments for shards, put them into my level 8 dagger and...bam... level 19. So I started to google and found a post stating the level goes down again when you put lower level augments in. Tried to put in a level 4 and a level 1 (deleting my level 8s) and it was still level 19 (and no, I couldn't use the dagger).

    So I googled again and found this thread. Thought 'oh, well... a known bug, so I might qualify for a reimbursement of the augments'. On the positive side the ticket was answered within 5 minutes. On the negative side it was a copy paste job saying it's a known issue and the GMs can't provide more information.

    That's nice, but I didn't ask for more information but for a refund of my augments as it's a bloody two months old bug :P
    First, when you want a replacement / reimbursement of an item either "lost" or taken by a bug, the in-game GMs can't help. They weren't being "unhelpful" - they can't help. What you need to do is open a ticket at:

    http://support.turbine.com/ics/suppo...?style=classic

    Be very clear about the character name, item, what augment gems were lost (inc lvl), etc.

    Also you should file a bug report and include that relogging did not fix the min lvl issue.

    Good luck.

  17. #17
    Community Member NaturalHazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Philibusta View Post
    Welcome New Guy!

    "Two months old" is a little baby newborn bug, in DDO terms. There are bugs in this game that have been allowed to persist for YEARS.
    I know that this is going off topic but a lot of my level 20 old epic items are red for my character who is now 25 lol, I can still use them like normal but it still kinda looks ugly lol. I when I first saw it I didn't even think about reporting a bug. I tried to use the items, they worked, I shrugged and carried on like normal. My point is that some of us are so conditioned to bugs from playing this game that if its only minor or a slight incovinience we just shrug and carry on lol.;

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload