Default So... no other way to remove an augment other than burning TP?

Question in title.

I have an Axe of Adaxus, elite version. It had first an attached improved fire resistance and an empty red slot. I replaced the fire resistance with Improved frost and put devotion 66 into the red slot.

...Good to know now that it made the whole axe's ML go up to 19.

Now I just want them removed, both. I don't care if I lose the augment items about it. I just want them wiped out, so both slots were cleared in the axe.

Is there any non-TP way to remove the augments?
    Quote Originally Posted by amnota View Post
    Halfling thrower builds are fun.

Of course the trick is in knowing just how to bend the halfling...otherwise they never come back.

Quote Originally Posted by pelaaja View Post
    Question in title.

I have an Axe of Adaxus, elite version. It had first an attached improved fire resistance and an empty red slot. I replaced the fire resistance with Improved frost and put devotion 66 into the red slot.

Now I just want them removed, both. I don't care if I lose the augment items about it. I just want them wiped out, so both slots were cleared in the axe.

Find low level, cheap augments to fill in the slots and lower the ML back to its original? Not sure if that works, but worth a try.

Question in title.

Log out and back in. This occurred to me when I put two augments of appropriate level into a Threalian Longsword, but when I logged out and then back in later it was back to the expected ML of 12.

The tools are your only option, but they drop in chests too (I think I've had 2 drop so far)

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    Find low level, cheap augments to fill in the slots and lower the ML back to its original? Not sure if that works, but worth a try.
    I tried it right away. Stupidly, the ML still stays at lvl 19, but the AML went from 12 to 4

Of course the trick is in knowing just how to bend the halfling...otherwise they never come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    The tools are your only option, but they drop in chests too (I think I've had 2 drop so far)
    If that's so... Goodbye to that axe.

It's just stupid...

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    Log out and back in. This occurred to me when I put two augments of appropriate level into a Threalian Longsword, but when I logged out and then back in later it was back to the expected ML of 12.
    So... another graphical glitch? *sigh*

Community Member

Did you actually try to equip the item, and it told you you did not meet the required level? I know sometimes my crafted gear will still be "red-boxed", but when i try to equip it, it lets me.

Also, there's no reason why it should increase to L19...no augment requires L19, so you should only see an increase in the ML if you equip a ML16, 20, or 24 augment.

I agree, probably just a display bug and hopefully its corrected itself by now...

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Question in title.

From the Known Issues:

Items

NEW: Placing more than one Augment on an item that has at least two Augment slots will increase the minimum level of the item erroneously. Players can log out and then log back in to correct this issue.
    If the issue is that the ML of the axe is still too high after doing this, just overwrite the augments with ML 1 augments that you should be able to pick up for peanuts from the AH.

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Default Good Idea

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    From the Known Issues:

If the issue is that the ML of the axe is still too high after doing this, just overwrite the augments with ML 1 augments that you should be able to pick up for peanuts from the AH.
    Excellent idea!

Also, If you have GH you can find some nice L12 and L16 augments from trad-ins at the vendors there if you want to replace them with something higher level.

Use plat & buy some kits off the AH. That's how I popped a few Vitalities out of Minos helms anyway...
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Community Member

Try puttin in lower level augment.

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Use plat & buy some kits off the AH. That's how I popped a few Vitalities out of Minos helms anyway...
    I'm not nowhere near buying one from AH <.< 900k, really? rather then try to farm for another

Try puttin in lower level augment.
    I tried it right away. Stupidly, the ML still stays at lvl 19, but the AML went from 12 to 4

Community Member

OK, so this bug still persists. I just bought two level 8 augments for shards, put them into my level 8 dagger and...bam... level 19. So I started to google and found a post stating the level goes down again when you put lower level augments in. Tried to put in a level 4 and a level 1 (deleting my level 8s) and it was still level 19 (and no, I couldn't use the dagger).

So I googled again and found this thread. Thought 'oh, well... a known bug, so I might qualify for a reimbursement of the augments'. On the positive side the ticket was answered within 5 minutes. On the negative side it was a copy paste job saying it's a known issue and the GMs can't provide more information.

That's nice, but I didn't ask for more information but for a refund of my augments as it's a bloody two months old bug :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ophistes View Post
    OK, so this bug still persists. I just bought two level 8 augments for shards, put them into my level 8 dagger and...bam... level 19. So I started to google and found a post stating the level goes down again when you put lower level augments in. Tried to put in a level 4 and a level 1 (deleting my level 8s) and it was still level 19 (and no, I couldn't use the dagger).

So I googled again and found this thread. Thought 'oh, well... a known bug, so I might qualify for a reimbursement of the augments'. On the positive side the ticket was answered within 5 minutes. On the negative side it was a copy paste job saying it's a known issue and the GMs can't provide more information.

That's nice, but I didn't ask for more information but for a refund of my augments as it's a bloody two months old bug :P
    Welcome New Guy!

"Two months old" is a little baby newborn bug, in DDO terms. There are bugs in this game that have been allowed to persist for YEARS.
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Ophistes View Post

First, when you want a replacement / reimbursement of an item either "lost" or taken by a bug, the in-game GMs can't help. They weren't being "unhelpful" - they can't help. What you need to do is open a ticket at:

http://support.turbine.com/ics/suppo...?style=classic

Be very clear about the character name, item, what augment gems were lost (inc lvl), etc.

Also you should file a bug report and include that relogging did not fix the min lvl issue.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Philibusta View Post
    Welcome New Guy!

"Two months old" is a little baby newborn bug, in DDO terms. There are bugs in this game that have been allowed to persist for YEARS.
    I know that this is going off topic but a lot of my level 20 old epic items are red for my character who is now 25 lol, I can still use them like normal but it still kinda looks ugly lol. I when I first saw it I didn't even think about reporting a bug. I tried to use the items, they worked, I shrugged and carried on like normal. My point is that some of us are so conditioned to bugs from playing this game that if its only minor or a slight incovinience we just shrug and carry on lol.;